• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Living-World-Season-Three

Mike O'Brien said:
Hi all,

I signed off on the first episode of Living World Season 3, and we’re getting ready to announce the episode and its release date. I’m super proud of the team for hitting this milestone. Over the past few weeks the team has been processing up to a hundred pieces of feedback each day, working to get all the details right.

Reaching sign-off on an episode doesn’t mean we’re done. Now we integrate the episode content with the other updates that ship in this release, and with localized text and voice-over, and we do final testing of all that. To give a sense of the scope of this process, this update has about 1,500 distinct lines of new voice dialog, each of which must be recorded, integrated, and tested in each supported language. For the player character’s voice, we separately record each race/sex combination in each language, so that means 40 actors for each line.

With this release, we’re bundling a Living World episode with additional content for other areas of the game. You’ve seen that we’ve been following a pattern of releasing a bundled update each quarter; this is a content-focused continuation of that kind of thing. Of course, we’ll give this release a name, not “July Quarterly Update”. And we may be able to increase the pace, ramping from four bundled releases per year towards six, so we’ll move away from calling these “quarterly”.

Some of you may look back nostalgically at 2013 when we shipped updates every two weeks. That year we shipped a wide variety of things: nine or ten releases that we’d today call a Living World episode, plus updates to systems and content for other parts of the game, plus festivals. So it was the extreme unbundled version of this. It was nice that there was always something new, but I’m personally not wistful of that cadence, because we sacrificed so much to be able to ship that frequently. With Season 3 our goal is to deliver content sustainably, at quality, establishing a pattern we don’t have to take breaks from.

It feels great to be shipping Living World again. Thanks for your patience through the recent content draught. Having been through it, I’m sure you understand why I’m focused on sustainability.

Stay tuned for a more formal announcement, and for more details from ArenaNet and our partners.

Mo

DH new simple look, Fashion Wars 2...

gw016vkkt0.png

Sonicbug

I dreamed about GW2 last night. It's a sign.

Then again I dreamed about an alien invasion the day before and Berserk the day before that so maybe my brain just wants to go on vacation.

Sonicbug

Note: Kasmeer & Rox died on the way back to their home planet.

They kinda did jack shit during HoT. Everyone kinda did nothing during HoT. God the writing was terrible for that.

I just hope there's a new PvE map. I don't really do fractals or pvp. =/

This is Massively's preview if that's interesting to anyone

Highlights are basically that there will be a Chaos Isle fractal starting a parallel story arc involving a mysterious asura, and some sort of revamped Raid of the Capricorn (now "Revenge") pvp map.

I'm looking forward to a possible 6 releases per year too.

Edit: Note this isn't all coming the 26th, episodes will be paired with feature releases.

Mystery Asura is Snaff isn't it?

Wanderer5

Course it comes the week that I am mostly away lol, but I look forward to it when I able to do so on the 29/30th.

Also FINALLY with Fractals lol, and it has its own arc starting with this.

Morokh

What's with everyone releasing everything on the 26th ?

Well so far, promises, after HoT I'm not getting my hopes up until I see what they actually deliver.

I wonder how the fractal scales will get shuffled around so the new fractal can fit into each tier at least once. I vote they replace one of the Underground Facilities in each tier.

It would be nice to one day have twenty-five fractal islands so none of them ever have to repeat in a given difficulty tier.

I want new boss fractals too. Maybe the end of this new story arc will add something cool.

A new fractal, I never thought we'd see the day.

I'm expecting a whole new pve map with the launch. I can deal with 2-3 months til the next update if the amount of new stuff is equivalent to that.

Ad Infinitum done, plus i bought the ghostly infusion, I am fractal 90, one day i will finish it, but for now i am taking a break from Fractal, spent too much time in LA/fractals..

I did the whole raid and I don't know what's going on in the trailer either. I wouldn't get mad until they show us the actual story lol.

White Mantle stuff obviously, since they showed the emblem, and someone saying they're getting carried to the throne of Kryta (presumably by the White Mantle)? Who is that? Caudecus? Did he ever talk in any of the previous content? It's not a voice I recognize from the raid. If it's Lazarus I would expect his voice would sound less straight-up human, we never actually saw or heard him in the raid, but who knows

spiritfox

The voice does sound like Caudecus, but it's been a while since I heard his voice, so I might be wrong.

Edit: Reddit seems to says yes it's him.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
at least we can finally kill Caudecus, he's the only villain left from the vanilla who is still alive.

An Interview with Queen Jennah

The White Mantle’s activities of late are putting the populace on edge. What does the Crown plan to do about them?

First, let me be clear: denizens of Divinity’s Reach have nothing to fear. We are taking steps to bolster security in and around Divinity’s Reach to ensure the safety of our citizens. The Shining Blade is keeping a close eye on the Mantle’s movements and activities, most of which are localized to mere raids in northern Maguuma. These aren’t the calculated motions of an organized group—these are the isolated activities of a handful of conflicted and deeply disturbed people. Nothing more.

What sort of security steps are you taking?

The Seraph are stepping up their patrols in Shaemoor. What’s more, we’ve tapped the best engineering teams in the Reach to bolster the city walls and shore up any weaknesses in our defenses. In the event of a crisis, my advisors have developed plans to evacuate the townships surrounding Divinity’s Reach and house civilians within the safety of the city walls. But I must stress that these preparations are focused toward true crises—natural disasters, dragon sightings, and the like.

Seraph Captain Logan Thackeray has not been seen in some time. Can you speak to his status?

Captain Thackeray suffered heavy injuries in the fight against the jungle dragon Mordremoth and is currently recuperating. One of my aides checks in on him regularly and says that he’s coming along well. Knowing the captain, I imagine he’ll resume his duties as soon as he’s physically able and cleared to do so, and not a moment longer—there’s not a force in Tyria that can stand between Logan and his charge.

Have you gone to see the captain yourself?

I have not. Sadly, ruling a kingdom has a way of occupying one’s time, particularly with the troubles we’ve seen of late. But my aides are keeping me well apprised of his progress, and I have the highest hopes for his quick recovery. He is ever in my thoughts and prayers. May Dwayna watch over him.

What news of the Pact? What measures are the Crown taking to support it?

Regrettably, the Pact’s campaign in the Maguuma Jungle cost many lives, and allied forces are still regrouping following the assault on the jungle dragon. General Almorra Soulkeeper is working tirelessly to support these efforts, and in turn, we will give whatever support we can to the general. I’m confident that the Pact will persevere under her leadership and guidance.

Beyond the Pact’s casualties, many Krytans perished in the assault on Mordremoth. Do you have any words to share with your people regarding the fallen?

This conflict was by all accounts one of the truest tests of resilience and resolve that Kryta has ever faced, and though we claimed victory in the end, that victory came at a heavy price. I’ve heard the cries of anguish of our people in the wake of these losses; we extend our deepest condolences and our unending gratitude to the families of the fallen, for all that they’ve sacrificed in the name of our brave nation. It is now incumbent upon all of us to never forget the courage and valor of those we’ve lost and to ensure that their great sacrifice was not in vain.

And what of the Seraph’s casualties? How depleted are their ranks?

A small detachment of elite Seraph forces was dispatched to join the Pact fleet on their ill-fated incursion into the Maguuma Jungle, where they were set upon by Mordrem. While we have yet to receive a full report on the casualties, several Seraph have been recovered from the jungle—and we hope to find more as our search parties continue to scour the region for survivors. I ask that all citizens of Divinity’s Reach keep our brave soldiers in their thoughts and prayers to Melandru.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
oh hey Week 2. Time to drop my 250 Pact Scouting Materials.

EDIT: why is soulkeeper suddenly a big shot

Aquila

oh hey Week 2. Time to drop my 250 Pact Scouting Materials.

EDIT: why is soulkeeper suddenly a big shot

Soulkeeper is the founder and leader of the Vigil so I assume Pact command fell to her with
Trahearne's demise.
Laranthir was always her number two and while Pact troops probably trust him, the whole 'sylvari are mordrem' deal means that he doesn't have the credibility to lead according to the civilian masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom