• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Spirit weapons and Tomes next I'm sure.

unf gimme spirit weapon revamp. Tomes coming back would be awesome too.

Holy shit, is there really a live Show Enemy Health Percentage option? Right now?

I desperately need to finish the HoT story and get into the new stuff, but with that and the salvage kit thing I know I'm just gonna sucked into dungeons when I get on :p

Fractals when

Fractals when

Did you see the new greatsword rewarded for doing the new fractal at the highest difficulty tier?

QPziFAC.jpg

leng jai

Nice Fractal and QoL stuff in this patch. Mesmer got some nice little buffs.

New BL skins are terrible as usual, and the female Norn/Human hairstyles are just recycled between races.

Classic Anet.

Morokh

Nice Fractal and QoL stuff in this patch. Mesmer got some nice little buffs.

Norn/Human hairstyles are just recycled between races.

Classic Anet.

Yep, there's a lot of good stuff in this patch but also a lot of reused assets all over, for Charr and Asura they didn't even take the time to make different hairstyles for each gender ...

Could I please get a guild invite? (spindoctor.8629) on Stormbluff. I used to be in the guild at launch but drifted away from the game after a couple of hundred hours. I've come back now to check out season 3 and the expansion, although I'm still busy doing old content.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Could I please get a guild invite? (spindoctor.8629) on Stormbluff. I used to be in the guild at launch but drifted away from the game after a couple of hundred hours. I've come back now to check out season 3 and the expansion, although I'm still busy doing old content.
Anyone get you yet? Will remote in at lunch to add ya if not.

ahh, crap, don't have teamviewer on at home. trying to install it here real quick.

Kalentan

How much dialogue changed if you played as a Norn for
Eir's Funeral?

I've really only ever played Human Male, thus hearing Nolan North voice everything, and was wondering how much changes.

Also I just found out Nolan North voiced Mordremoth... Meaning if you played Human Male, any time your character spoke to Mordremoth, it was actually Nolan North talking to Nolan North.

Morokh

Sooo two things :

Seems like they went away from the 'everyone can enjoy the new zone even if you didn't unlock the LS season' since season 2, as the new map only opens when you complete the second step of the story.

And for the gliding skills, why a vendor item and not a mastery ? seems awfully redundant that way.

Story was nice, bit predictable in some aspects, but it didn't feel like it dragged too long, or opened up too many story points that will never be answered.
Curious to see what the extent of the next patch will be, a package similar to this, or just some story chapters.

This new episode is good content. The zone's a bit weird, but at least it's interesting visually and the framerate doesn't go to shit.

It's not a lot of content though for the time waited. Season 3 is my "third strike" for ArenaNet. If the season finale blows, it's time to uninstall for good. Not that my expectations are high, I just want content.

As long as the quality and quantity are there, I don't mind if the intervals are closer to monthly than biweekly. That's a pace most players can keep to without being so long as to turn into expansionitis.

Anno

Yeah so long as the quality is there I'm in for whatever. I've come to enjoy that GW2 is the game I can just keep installed and come back to for a week, take off a week or two for some other game or to read a book, come back etc.

They seem confident that they can deliver. And I really like what they did add, including the story. No, it won't keep people occupied for 2 months, but it was never going to do that.

I haven't tried LS3 yet because I'm on vacation so I don't know how short it is but I hope ANET at least still updates the game bi-weekly as they have been doing with small new events being added to move the story slightly forward, as they did before LS3E1 was released.

Ashodin

I haven't tried LS3 yet because I'm on vacation so I don't know how short it is but I hope ANET at least still updates the game bi-weekly as they have been doing with small new events being added to move the story slightly forward, as they did before LS3E1 was released.

You're quite often on vacation

Hey Hawkbro,

Is there going to be any way to feasibly add the magic return skill you get from the new mastery to the gamepad setup? Have to say it gets interesting doing large encounters where I have to swap to mouse mode real quick to click that button and then back to move haha

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey Hawkbro,

Is there going to be any way to feasibly add the magic return skill you get from the new mastery to the gamepad setup? Have to say it gets interesting doing large encounters where I have to swap to mouse mode real quick to click that button and then back to move haha
Uh, what class are you talking about? There's nothing skill-wise that isn't currently mapped.

On the topic though, I just upgraded to Windows 10 and I'm not really happy with how Xpadder seems to be working at all. Might have to mess with compatibility mode/administrative privileges and see if it will cooperate, or else start looking into a new solution.

I'm also still unhappy with how often I wind up stuck in the wrong set for a moment. I'm trying to come up with creative ways around this but it's actually trickier now with Action Camera's mode toggle than it used to be before.

Quenk

Uh, what class are you talking about? There's nothing skill-wise that isn't currently mapped.

On the topic though, I just upgraded to Windows 10 and I'm not really happy with how Xpadder seems to be working at all. Might have to mess with compatibility mode/administrative privileges and see if it will cooperate, or else start looking into a new solution.

I'm also still unhappy with how often I wind up stuck in the wrong set for a moment. I'm trying to come up with creative ways around this but it's actually trickier now with Action Camera's mode toggle than it used to be before.

They added a universal "special action" binding. It's used during 6 of the raid encounters and now LS3.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ohhh. So a class agnostic raid-only skill? What is the default keybind? Bleh.

edit: It'll probably go on RB + Dpad Right. Sheath/Unsheath isn't exactly a critical function though I've always liked it.

Sonicbug

So.... during the last part of the latest story update, the big fight,
(Caduceus's groupies)
I got a phone call during the last 3/4's of the fight I couldn't ignore. Got up, walked away, came back ten minutes later expecting to be dead.

Somehow wasn't. As I sat back down the NPCs killed the boss. *shrug*

I really enjoyed the dialog this time around. At least the story is back on decent footing after HoT left me feeling less than pleased with the writing.
I still don't know why I should give a shit about Eir though.

Really? I'm using W10 myself, what problems are you experiencing?
Ohhh. So a class agnostic raid-only skill? What is the default keybind? Bleh.

edit: It'll probably go on RB + Dpad Right. Sheath/Unsheath isn't exactly a critical function though I've always liked it.
If you've been to Bloodstone Fen, you unlock a new mastery track which you need to master to continue the LS3 story after a few missions. I won't spoil it but it basically lets you exploit an object in the area during certain encounters as a mechanic to defeat them by presenting a special action command when you're near it. It was interesting doing the final mission while having to click in and out of gamepad mode to use it haha

I think I just imported yours or Well's profile last time, how do I assign it in xpadder?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Really? I'm using W10 myself, what problems are you experiencing?
Very poor mouse emulation and even unstable usage of the cursor with my regular mouse while it's open. Page Up and Down keypresses not registering for some reason. Instability
If you've been to Bloodstone Fen, you unlock a new mastery track which you need to master to continue the LS3 story after a few missions. I won't spoil it but it basically lets you exploit an object in the area during certain encounters as a mechanic to defeat them by presenting a special action command when you're near it. It was interesting doing the final mission while having to click in and out of gamepad mode to use it haha

I think I just imported yours or Well's profile last time, how do I assign it in xpadder?
I will try and update the profile to include the - binding to the toggle set on D-pad right tonight and reupload it. If you want to make the bind yourself it is relatively easy. Actually hold down the right button and click on the button you want to assign on the diagram. The window that pops up is pretty straightforward I think.

Forgot to say I really dig the new zone though it has the aesthetic of the last zone they'd ever make with such an ominous and deathly looking sky haha Enjoy the look and the chaos going on. Glad I already had the gliding mastery completed before it came out so I can stay in the air pretty much eternally if I want to between updrafts, ley lines, and the one that lets you have unlimited endurance.

The story was solid too, partially because I played the hell out of GW1 so fighting
White Mantle
makes me nostalgic and I was interested in what they were testing so I actually bothered reading all those papers you find through out the zone. I like how some nod to the dragons we've slain and and there's even one that refers to a raid boss. I also thought it was cool to finally involve Caeducus but most of all, I'm plenty interested in the fact that there's a
surviving Mursaat! It was neat seeing what one looks like with a superior graphics engine. I'm certainly interested in learning where he's been all this time, how he survived, and what exactly he'll do with all the energy he's harvested. It's also interesting that there will be a quarrel over the leadership of the White Mantle so not just a united front to take on Divinity's Reach. Although you know Caeducus is as good as done for, he ain't beating a Mursaat and it looks as though we'll be going after him first to learn of the Mursaat's whereabouts.
I look forward to the next episode and that's something I've never said for LS before.

Very poor mouse emulation and even unstable usage of the cursor with my regular mouse while it's open. Page Up and Down keypresses not registering for some reason. Instability

I will try and update the profile to include the - binding to the toggle set on D-pad right tonight and reupload it. If you want to make the bind yourself it is relatively easy. Actually hold down the right button and click on the button you want to assign on the diagram. The window that pops up is pretty straightforward I think.

Well the problem is that it isn't assigned to a button, it's something that materializes and you click it. So how would we even assign a gamepad button to it?

Special Action can be assigned in the menu.

LWh6gBp.jpg

Ah, thanks! Am at work so couldn't check for myself.

Thanks to this update, I've experienced GW2 instead of purely Lumberjack simulator for a little haha God I can't wait to finish tier 2 for Nevermore. The rest will be cake in comparison. Counted up how many more time-gated items I'll need for the final two tiers so I'll be ready for the spirit wood down the road. Although I'm just going to blow a bunch of gold getting the three lower level wood to make all that spirit wood. Fuck farming all that. Bad enough farming Elder wood.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If it's possible for anyone to check the profile I uploaded, I'm not going to have access to that special action scenario for a few days at least to test it out.

Basically just like F5 was made D-pad down while toggled, the special action should be D-pad right.

Wanderer5

Well came back from my trip and just wrapped up the episode story.

Shit not only Lazarus, but now Primordus is making some noise lol.

New area was pretty cool looking.

Finished the new content. I approve and look forward to the next part of ls3.
Lazarus's
actions were especially interesting. Not sure what he's up to, I am getting possible heel-turn vibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom