• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. That's good that I don't have to be a Dragon Hunter. I'll likely stick out Guardian but I think I might still try Revenant as well. Thanks for the input!

Using Dragonhunter doesn't mean you have to use Longbow. There are a lot of really powerful traits that don't involve the bow at all.

It's the same case for all of the Elite Specs. They are generally more powerful than the Core Specs, even if you aren't using the new weapon type.

There's also the whole situation where everyone gains access to an additional skill type with Elite Specs too. Dragonhunter's Trap skills are a definite force to be reckoned with, and they add even more versatility to the profession.

Elite Specs can also alter the profession mechanics; in the case of Dragonhunter, your Virtues take on new forms, which further differentiates how the Elite Spec behaves compared to the Core profession.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I think the only profession that is specifically focused on one aspect is Druid. Unlike the other ones which have both offensive and support means, Druid is specifically support only. The closest they have for offense are various debuffs and cc.

I think the only profession that is specifically focused on one aspect is Druid. Unlike the other ones which have both offensive and support means, Druid is specifically support only. The closest they have for offense are various debuffs and cc.

Boss Doggie your new avatar really scares me! haha! In a good way, but still scary:D

sakyot

I logged in in the beginning of Guild wars 2 live season 2 thing...

I will get it unlocked even if I only play 1 year from now right? Just making sure.

I logged in in the beginning of Guild wars 2 live season 2 thing...

I will get it unlocked even if I only play 1 year from now right? Just making sure.

Yes but you'll need to log-in for each episode release if you want to play them all down the road. Otherwise, you'll be able to play whatever episode you logged in for and have to pay for the ones you didn't.

Just saw you said season 2, think you meant season 3 episode 2?

DJIzana

Using Dragonhunter doesn't mean you have to use Longbow. There are a lot of really powerful traits that don't involve the bow at all.

It's the same case for all of the Elite Specs. They are generally more powerful than the Core Specs, even if you aren't using the new weapon type.

Good to know. Thanks! I'll probably do that. It probably also just is the OCD in me that bugs me because you see an unswappable trait about benefiting longbow users in the Dragonhunter in the build list. Either way, I'll ignore it. Especially if they're still viable not using the required weapon.

DrAg0nBoY

Would anyone be willing to help me with the Dragon Vigil achievements in episode 2?

edit: Done. Now I only need the I am rubber achievement. Will see if I will have the time to do that.

Need also not die in the Taimi game...

Would anyone be willing to help me with the Dragon Vigil achievements in episode 2?

edit: Done. Now I only need the I am rubber achievement. Will see if I will have the time to do that.

Need also not die in the Taimi game...

The Taimi game was all good until the last phase, F N blue orb is a trap...

Hedge

I just cannot get the Dragon Vigil shield achievement. They keep coming and they bundle at the shield. Any tips or does an extra player make a huge difference?

I'd be willing to help if you wanted, but it also shouldn't be too difficult to get it solo if that's what you wanted to try. Try to engage them before they get to the shield, and use things like chill or cripple to slow them down. It's very important to pick up all of the bombs and use them to your advantage as well.

Wanderer5

Haven't really worked on characters much beyond my engi, rev, and war this year, so I am working on my ranger and guard. I plan to work on my guard as a secondary class alongside war for raid, while I have turned my ranger into a wvw focus that I will run on and off.

BEgHzCO.jpg

Wanderer5

Matthias.... Holy shit lol. All teh chills, then all the fire and that freaking ball of energy attack.

Last run I was doing, I was cleansing in one of the fountain, and then I starting moving back just as he shot one of those balls from the other side of the room right at me.XD

4th phase is going to be quite interesting.

Quenk

Matthias.... Holy shit lol. All teh chills, then all the fire and that freaking ball of energy attack.

Last run I was doing, I was cleansing in one of the fountain, and then I starting moving back just as he shot one of those balls from the other side of the room right at me.XD

His "hadouken" attack only happens in the 1st and 4th phases so thankfully you don't have to worry about it all the time.

Necros and protection will be your friends for that fight. Good luck! Beating him is very satisfying.

Wanderer5

His "hadouken" attack only happens in the 1st and 4th phases so thankfully you don't have to worry about it all the time.

Necros and protection will be your friends for that fight. Good luck! Beating him is very satisfying.

4th phase is going to be interesting. Looking forward to fighting him more.

Matthias is a pain. The group I'm in has trouble with the fire phase, where being low on health is somehow more dangerous than being downed.

Hedge

I really want to make a fourth legendary, but uggh I can't really get myself to play hours of WvW for that legendary component.
Is there really no other way to get it?

Get the WVW XP gain from Guild Hall, and something like a birthday booster, the track used to be max 300ticks/5mins, now it's 195, potion of WvW exp now adds to the track, so doing everything on the WvW daily along with your booster can get you 1500 points quickly..I went from 1000 points to 15000 in a few hours..just need to be with an aggressive tag who attacks, attacks, attacks, all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom