• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quenk

Curious nerfs to Guardian/DH incoming.

Shield of Courage (F3) is going from 5s to 4s.
Big Game is getting a cooldown increase (or just outright getting a cooldown...?).
Trap Heal is getting hit hard but wasn't told how.

And I think that was about it for what I was told, maybe because that's all that was relevant. /shrug

Also apparently farewell (not entirely, more a figure of speech) Rev stability and... something bad is happening to Alacrity/its sources.

Big Game getting an icd would gut DH damage in PVE I feel. Also nerfing Alacrity in addition to SoI nerfs will be a hard hit to PVE Chronos

Vena

Big Game getting an icd would gut DH damage in PVE I feel. Also nerfing Alacrity in addition to SoI nerfs will be a hard hit to PVE Chronos

BGH is too powerful but I'm not sure I understood exactly what the nerf is to it as I am not sure how/where the ICD would be added. The vuln application? Well whatever we'll see soon.

Quenk

BGH is too powerful but I'm not sure I understood exactly what the nerf is to it as I am not sure how/where the ICD would be added. The vuln application? Well whatever we'll see soon.

I was still half-asleep when I read that and posted. I was thinking it meant that the damage increase would only apply to the first attack after tethering.

Vena

Everything I was told was right except for the BGH nerf, I wonder if that scrapped. Unless I misread Hunter's Determination and confused it with BGH because HD got the nerf I noted in cooldown increase.

Also perma quickness is dead. The boon stacking nerf (which is actually huge but a single line) completely guts it.

Ranger
After a period of observation, the balance team will be changing the druid specialization’s nature somewhat. In this iteration, we’ll now be making healing types more healing-power based. We’ve reduced base values of many healing abilities while substantially increasing the overall healing-power contribution. This patch will also upgrade the ranger’s short-bow weapon—a change we’ve been looking forward to doing for a long time.

So if you want to make a healing Druid now, you should go for Healing power as a primary stat?

Morokh

Balance changes are all over the place and there are some extremely weird stuff in there.

Also, Halloween is kind meh this year, the new skins and items you can go for are either extremely cheap and so easily bought that going for the RNG option would be crazy, or so grindy that they are completely out of reach of most players ....
The tonics you can craft to become infinite requiring 500 of said tonic + 11 Bat wings for the recipe is kind of crazy as well ...

The lab is in a weird spot with the changes (or lack there-of) they made for it this year.
Doors are way more scarce than before, 'bosses' die ten times quicker than previous years, the Labyrinthine Horror that was usually something to be careful about is a joke now, and the Lich has been nerfed into oblivion, you don't even need reflects anymore to deal with it ...

There is not even something new in the gemstore as far as outfits or skins go (although one will show up next week)

For all the 'we didn't have much time to take care of Halloween because of Hot' they gave us last year .... well they still did a better job than this year ...

Wanderer5

wait, new skins beside the gargoyle?

Yeah there three new halloween skins that you can get via bags and are around 3g on the TP, least last I saw of them. Grim Pact is a pistol (yes it a pistol XD), Jailbroken is a focus, and then Onus a hammer.

gw2-grim-pact-pistol-31.jpg

gw2-jailbroken-focus-31.jpg

gw2-onus-hammer1.jpg

leng jai

Balance changes are all over the place and there are some extremely weird stuff in there.

Also, Halloween is kind meh this year, the new skins and items you can go for are either extremely cheap and so easily bought that going for the RNG option would be crazy, or so grindy that they are completely out of reach of most players ....
The tonics you can craft to become infinite requiring 500 of said tonic + 11 Bat wings for the recipe is kind of crazy as well ...

The lab is in a weird spot with the changes (or lack there-of) they made for it this year.
Doors are way more scarce than before, 'bosses' die ten times quicker than previous years, the Labyrinthine Horror that was usually something to be careful about is a joke now, and the Lich has been nerfed into oblivion, you don't even need reflects anymore to deal with it ...

There is not even something new in the gemstore as far as outfits or skins go (although one will show up next week)

For all the 'we didn't have much time to take care of Halloween because of Hot' they gave us last year .... well they still did a better job than this year ...

Halloween has been a cut and paste every year since 2013 mate.

Wanderer5

Problem with Halloween, is that it feels so bare compare to earlier years, cause they got rid of modes and such. It too bad the Lunatic Inquisition hasn't returned still least since its presence in 2014.

And yeah they nerf the labyrinth itself quite a bit too it seems.

Sonicbug

Problem with Halloween, is that it feels so bare compare to earlier years, cause they got rid of modes and such. It too bad the Lunatic Inquisition hasn't returned still least since its presence in 2014.

And yeah they nerf the labyrinth itself quite a bit too it seems.

I miss the Inquisition. And the labyrinth nerf is crazy. I saw everyone just roll up one of the bosses and thought 'this will end badly' and it just melted. What the hell....

I miss the Inquisition. And the labyrinth nerf is crazy. I saw everyone just roll up one of the bosses and thought 'this will end badly' and it just melted. What the hell....

The Lab is trash now, i notice the gates were taking forever to load, they turn everything in a damn grind

Wanderer5

The Lab is trash now, i notice the gates were taking forever to load, they turn everything in a damn grind

Diminishing returns seems to come in decently fast too, and Clock Tower Puzzle doesn't seem to be worthwhile.:/

Well least I can work on some masteries that I need to catch up on while getting some bags to sell mostly.

Not impress, the design is fucking ugly, the transformer effects are nice but the overall design looks like absolute SHIT..It was one of my fears for Legendary armor, they have so many great designs how were they going to top them, this is an example of failing to top their own design..

nataku

Not impress, the design is fucking ugly, the transformer effects are nice but the overall design looks like absolute SHIT..It was one of my fears for Legendary armor, they have so many great designs how were they going to top them, this is an example of failing to top their own design..

Yeah, not a fan of the random spikes shooting out. The design pre-transformation looks better, but still kind of ugly.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
halloween is a good time to farm weapon kills

which class is best for racking up rifle kills tho - warrior or engie?

Yeah there three new halloween skins that you can get via bags and are around 3g on the TP, least last I saw of them. Grim Pact is a pistol (yes it a pistol XD), Jailbroken is a focus, and then Onus a hammer.

gw2-grim-pact-pistol-31.jpg

gw2-jailbroken-focus-31.jpg

gw2-onus-hammer1.jpg

the hammer is the only good looking one :<

Anet disabled diminishing rewards in the labyrinth, and Lich has become more deadlier.

they shouldn't have put dr in lab anyway

and was wondering why lich is easy to kill lately

I have another question on Fractals. Am I right in thinking that making a 10-agony infusion is the best course of action long term? That way I'll be able to get to 70 total right off the bat (with the two accessory, the two rings, the back item and my bow), while using the least amount of slots. This way with the 8 slots I'm currently "missing" I'll be able to get to the 150 requirement for the 100 scale fractal. I'm aware that with the amount of money I need to make a 10-agony infusion I could get 2 9-agony infusions, but sooner or later I'd have to replace it, making it a waste of money.

Indignate

Why would you have to replace the +9s?

From what I understand, 12 of +8 and 6 of +9 is the most cost efficient route to 150.

Edit: Just remembered that's only with the expansion and not vanilla. You also only counted off 15 slots. You should have 16 without expansion. Seems like the path is 10 of +9 and 6 of +10. If you do have HoT, the two extra ring slots lets you do the first formula.

Without expansion, collecting agony seems to be a pain. With the masteries in HoT, you get a ton more with your dailies. Because of that, I would start on the +9s first whether with/without.

Why would you have to replace the +9s?

From what I understand, 12 of +8 and 6 of +9 is the most cost efficient route to 150.

Edit: Just remembered that's only with the expansion and not vanilla. You also only counted off 15 slots. You should have 16 without expansion. Seems like the path is 10 of +9 and 6 of +10. If you do have HoT, the two extra ring slots lets you do the first formula.

Without expansion, collecting agony seems to be a pain. With the masteries in HoT, you get a ton more with your dailies. Because of that, I would start on the +9s first whether with/without.
I counted 15 because on of the accessory (the one on the bottom left) has an enrichment slot. And I thought that I could only put an enrichment infusion there, not sure if that's actually true though. So with that one out I need to get to 150 with 15 slots and so my thought of going for 10-agony infusions.

Quenk

I counted 15 because on of the accessory (the one on the bottom left) has an enrichment slot. And I thought that I could only put an enrichment infusion there, not sure if that's actually true though. So with that one out I need to get to 150 with 15 slots and so my thought of going for 10-agony infusions.

6 armor, 2 weapon, 2 (1 from each accessory), 2 (infused backpiece), 6 (3 from each attuned+infused ring)

6 armor, 2 weapon, 2 (1 from each accessory), 2 (infused backpiece), 6 (3 from each attuned+infused ring)
So I could go for +9/+8 and have enough in the end to reach 150, right? Or I could still go for +10 so that I wouldn't need all pieces of Ascended equip. Last question: do the ones on the weapon stack? As in, if I have two weapons with both two slots on each full, will I get the effect of all 4 at once or just of the two of the weapon I'm currently using?

Also, is Magi gear a good idea for Ascended Equip for a Druid? I read that they changed how the healing scales recently, so I'm not sure what's the best option.

Quenk

So I could go for +9/+8 and have enough in the end to reach 150, right? Or I could still go for +10 so that I wouldn't need all pieces of Ascended equip. Last question: do the ones on the weapon stack? As in, if I have two weapons with both two slots on each full, will I get the effect of all 4 at once or just of the two of the weapon I'm currently using?

Also, is Magi gear a good idea for Ascended Equip for a Druid? I read that they changed how the healing scales recently, so I'm not sure what's the best option.

Like Indignate said, you can go with 12 +8s and 6 +9s to reach 150. The ones on the weapons don't stack. Only the ones on the weapon you're currently using will be active so you need to make sure you have enough AR on any weapon set you're going to use.

It depends what you're going for. For most cases you don't really need magi gear on a druid. For PvE at least. I'm not too sure about what WvW druids run. You can run pretty much anything in dungeons and open world. The healing demands aren't really that high in T4 fractals so you can stick with a full damage druid. I know people that run full viper's on their druid that they use in fractals. For raids, magi will be useful for groups that aren't that good but exotic is perfectly fine for that.

Like Indignate said, you can go with 12 +8s and 6 +9s to reach 150. The ones on the weapons don't stack. Only the ones on the weapon you're currently using will be active so you need to make sure you have enough AR on any weapon set you're going to use.

It depends what you're going for. For most cases you don't really need magi gear on a druid. For PvE at least. I'm not too sure about what WvW druids run. You can run pretty much anything in dungeons and open world. The healing demands aren't really that high in T4 fractals so you can stick with a full damage druid. I know people that run full viper's on their druid that they use in fractals. For raids, magi will be useful for groups that aren't that good but exotic is perfectly fine for that.
I see, thanks a lot for the explanation! Yeah, I was talking about PvE (and Fractals, as my long term objective is to make Ad Infinitum), thought with the changes things might have changed but I'm glad to hear that's not the case. So a Rampager set should still be good enough.
Probably should have asked that before getting the recipes ç__ç

Quenk

I see, thanks a lot for the explanation! Yeah, I was talking about PvE (and Fractals, as my long term objective is to make Ad Infinitum), thought with the changes things might have changed but I'm glad to hear that's not the case. So a Rampager set should still be good enough.
Probably should have asked that before getting the recipes ç__ç

Personally, I'd go for Viper's or Berzerker's to maximize my damage.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Happy Halloween times everybody! :)

Guild missions are happening tonight at 9pm Eastern, and will be ending with a 150g jackpot for the lotto. Come join us for some easy commendations and a shot at the cash.

Could someone give me some tips on playing a Guardian? I have decided to use the 80-boost on this class as it's quite different from my main (Ranger) and main alt (Ele). As far as weapons go I deciding which two of these three to use: Greatsword, Sword&Shield, Sceptre&Focus. I like all three and they seem pretty good, I believe GS might be the best as far as doing damage, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm using Honour, Value, Virtues for Traits (I won't go into specifics as they will mostly depend on which utilities I'll choose). For utilities I'm using Hold the Line, Save Yourselves, Contemplation of Purity (these last two seem, at least in theory, pretty great to use one after the other, please correct if I'm wrong), with Receive the Light as my healing skill and Renewed Focus as my elite. Have to say that apart from shouts I'm not really feeling the other utilities; Stand Your Ground also seems pretty nice. Also, not sure which kind of armor would be best.
I think that's it, just give me whatever tips you have for playing as this class and surviving :D

Please note that I don't really care about min-maxing, I would just like something fun to play as and helpful for others as well. I only do PvE, and probably won't be doing Fractals with this guy for a long while.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Missions still on for tomorrow, ya?
Sorry I couldn't make them tonight :( Don't know if they still took place or not. I'm logging on now if anyone is around by any chance. I'm supposed to be doing campaign stuff tomorrow around makeup time too but if I am home I'll definitely jump on for them (3:00PM Est)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I am going to be working at the standard makeup time unfortunately, but hopping on now to offer the easy comms to anyone looking for them.

Could someone give me some tips on playing a Guardian? I have decided to use the 80-boost on this class as it's quite different from my main (Ranger) and main alt (Ele). As far as weapons go I deciding which two of these three to use: Greatsword, Sword&Shield, Sceptre&Focus. I like all three and they seem pretty good, I believe GS might be the best as far as doing damage, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm using Honour, Value, Virtues for Traits (I won't go into specifics as they will mostly depend on which utilities I'll choose). For utilities I'm using Hold the Line, Save Yourselves, Contemplation of Purity (these last two seem, at least in theory, pretty great to use one after the other, please correct if I'm wrong), with Receive the Light as my healing skill and Renewed Focus as my elite. Have to say that apart from shouts I'm not really feeling the other utilities; Stand Your Ground also seems pretty nice. Also, not sure which kind of armor would be best.
I think that's it, just give me whatever tips you have for playing as this class and surviving :D

Please note that I don't really care about min-maxing, I would just like something fun to play as and helpful for others as well. I only do PvE, and probably won't be doing Fractals with this guy for a long while.

try this: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Guardian_-_AH_Frontliner

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom