• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

ShinMaruku

it would be beginner friendly if they had 800000 people of varying skill level to match you against instead of 80

Exactly so. Many fighting games would be more beginner friendly if they had a proper player pool. However the devs, publishers and the communities around them always fail to bring in new people.

Lemstar

Exactly so. Many fighting games would be more beginner friendly if they had a proper player pool. However the devs, publishers and the communities around them always fail to bring in new people.
O76HOMV.jpg

Akibared

What a fantastic tutorial. Normally i hate playing through fighting game tutorials, but even as someone who's played their fair share of Sign and other anime fighters, it was still fun to go through it.

It's really awesome! I also love how the trials don't immediately go to the next one so you can keep practicing.

Rutger

Banned
Maybe I don't see it but there isn't a matchmaking system in place? It's just go out, find a room and play be it ranked or player matches?

Maybe there's some kind of matchmaking in ranked? I don't know, I can't remember the last time I played a ranked match in an Arcsys game. Most people just go to player matches in them, so it probably wouldn't be that effective.

Your best bet for some beginner friendly matches is probably to just ask around here, you should be able to find other beginners to play often or get some people to go easy and use characters they don't normally play.

Pompadour

If Street Fighter V can't do it, the latest update to an animu fighter won't.

By the way, how's the netcode and matchmaking for this? The last ASW game I tried was BB:CP and the matchmaking in that was horrendous. Sign, I remember, being alright.

Kysen

I cant land Milla's final hit on her advanced 01 trial. I am doing the combo perfectly and it is not counting. Neither mashing slash or the input works.

Slaythe

By the way, how's the netcode and matchmaking for this? The last ASW game I tried was BB:CP and the matchmaking in that was horrendous. Sign, I remember, being alright.

Not like it helped MKX at all, it's deader than Xrd.

The netcode in this is between Sign and BBCP.

Better than BB worse than Sign.

Vanilla Sign was absolute dogshit so they might patch revelator later.

Kusagari

Not even games like MK and Injustice that sell millions manage to keep a deep player base.

It's not exactly something easy to figure out.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Not like it helped MKX at all, it's deader than Xrd.

The netcode in this is between Sign and BBCP.

Better than BB worse than Sign.

Vanilla Sign was absolute dogshit so they might patch revelator later.
can we put a stop to this mentality that if you don't get capcom or smash numbers you're dead? Xrd and MKX both have very healthy scenes.

Pompadour

can we put a stop to this mentality that if you don't get capcom or smash numbers you're dead? Xrd and MKX both have very healthy scenes.

This is a weird/refreshing post when "Capcom numbers" means deader than dead everywhere else on GAF.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
This is a weird/refreshing post when "Capcom numbers" means deader than dead everywhere else on GAF.
for sales i guess.
as a member of a VERY small fg community who has nevertheless enjoyed competing, i can assure everyone that if you want to main any game that's come out in the past two years, you'll have no trouble finding competition. SFxT is dead. Xrd and MKX are Sunday games at EVO.

OrochiJR

Gold Member
Is there a summary of the story mode of SIGN in datalog or movie form in the game? I know that the story itself is on youtube but I'm looking for a condensed way to recap it.

Edzi

So are the character trials not a good way of learning how to play that character? Any resources I should be aware of when trying to figure someone out?

Seyob

So are the character trials not a good way of learning how to play that character? Any resources I should be aware of when trying to figure someone out?
IMHO they are a good way to see what can be done with your character combo wise. For more advanced/situational stuff, you haver character topics in the Dustloop forums

ShinMaruku

Not even games like MK and Injustice that sell millions manage to keep a deep player base.

It's not exactly something easy to figure out.
Those games sell millions because of spectale and presentation and they are largely played as single player, it will always be difficult to really push people onto online, until you can encourage people to try online, BUT with the current fighting game intelligentsia it's impossible.

Street Fighter is the worst to point to that, it's community limits itself.

I blame the esports bubble to make people think this way. People say DOA5 is dead when the thing recently hit 3.1 million users and has a 25% dlc rate.

Amani

DLC is live. Reminder: Kum, Raven, and the Eclipse color set are all free 'till June 21.

Character colors, system voices, and avatar heads are up too. Colors are 99 cents per character, same for lobby avatars. Voices are $1.99.

Hubb

DLC is live. Reminder: Kum, Raven, and the Eclipse color set are all free 'till June 21.

Character colors, system voices, and avatar heads are up too. Colors are 99 cents per character, same for lobby avatars. Voices are $1.99.

Possible dumb question. Are the colors and system voices also unlockable in game? Or the ones unlockable are different than the DLC ones.

KRaZyAmmo

Possible dumb question. Are the colors and system voices also unlockable in game? Or the ones unlockable are different than the DLC ones.

I think I saww the colors and voices unlockable in game. Check collection and go to gallery.

tapinn

Neo Member
Have there been any impressions on how the PS3 version looks and runs?

I'm thinking of picking up a copy sometime later today since I don't have a PS4 yet.

Seyob

There are colors unlockable in game (2 sets per character) but these are different from the DLC ones.
The system voices are all unlockable in-game apart from the new characters which have to be purchased.

vg260

They don't even have an al-in-one bundle color pack? You have to buy them all separately?

Hubb

There are colors unlockable in game (2 sets per character) but these are different from the DLC ones.
The system voices are all unlockable in-game apart from the new characters which have to be purchased.

Thank you very much.

Edzi

Does anything from Sign carry over to Revelator? I remember having a really cool black/neon blue playstation themed color set (I think it was free?), and would hate to have lost it in this game.

There's Guilty Gear Crash course, which is more general but may help you more easily determine what to look for in a character.

There's keep on rockin', a great video database which lets you search by character.

Thanks, I'll listen to the crash course videos while I work today.

Seyob

Does anything from Sign carry over to Revelator? I remember having a really cool black/neon blue playstation themed color set (I think it was free?), and would hate to have lost it in this game.
Unfortunately nothing carries over from -SIGN- but you can unlock the PS colors (black and neon blue) in-game via fishing.

Amani

They don't even have an al-in-one bundle color pack? You have to buy them all separately?

Yeah, it doesn't look like there's any bundles live yet. My guess is that the packs will be available after Dizzy is added.

gunstarhero

Dumb question: did they make any significant changes to the character from Xrd?

Trying to justify picking this up for something other than the new characters. Really loved Xrd, but not seeing a big reason to upgrade. (unless I'm missing something)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Dumb question: did they make any significant changes to the character from Xrd?

Trying to justify picking this up for something other than the new characters. Really loved Xrd, but not seeing a big reason to upgrade. (unless I'm missing something)

Do you like to play online? Xrd is going to be a wasteland if it isn't already.

Top Bottom