• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

I've been playing it in between breaks of 3D Land to get me pumped.

Though again, it's going to suck how a lot of my faves aren't in Extreme. Epyon...Shining...Spiegel...! T3T

No Epyon? Is that because Epyon had no ranged attack maybe? Still, there are lots of cool suits that are available for DLC that maybe we will see later on.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Attitudes like that are the reason Earth Federation has to keep you lot in check.

Until you live in space, you can never understand how to truly relate to others. Gravity is just keeping you back.

No Epyon? Is that because Epyon had no ranged attack maybe? Still, there are lots of cool suits that are available for DLC that maybe we will see later on.
It's because they took out Wing TV.

EDIT: got my shipping address changed to my spot in Sweden. Hopefully I'll be playing the game with you guys by the middle of next week.

Beth Cyra

I actually like the Tallgeese III over the Epyon since it combined everything cool about the Tallgeese and the Epyon (minus mega beam sword and dragon mode).

I agree with this, plus this way if they ever add it back it could be the way more badass looking Epyon EW.

Wazzim

Banned
The PSP ports you had the option to press 'select' and switch weapons/modes, is it all mapped on the control at once this time?

Zapages

Just wondering is there like a story mode like in Gundam vs Zeta Gundam (PS2) with each character that branched off? It was really fun to relive some of the Gundam battles in a video game. :)

Just wondering is there like a story mode like in Gundam vs Zeta Gundam (PS2) with each character that branched off? It was really fun to relive some of the Gundam battles in a video game. :)

You'll get that in Trial Mission Mode, although it isn't story so much as it is specific battles and then some from the multiple Gundam titles.

Astery

I wish. That was the best campaign(?) mode ever for the series.

Astery

So I've just cleared arcade mode, when according to tradition there will be a secret unit unlocked. There ain't anything for extreme vs... So now these units are sold as DLC instead I guess, curse you Scamco Bandai :<

So I've just cleared arcade mode, when according to tradition there will be a secret unit unlocked. There ain't anything for extreme vs... So now these units are sold as DLC instead I guess, curse you Scamco Bandai :<

Were Raphael, Dynames, and Blue Frame unlocked from the start?

Xater

I just want to say: FUCK YESASIA!

Seriously, I ordered this game months ago now on release date it says "Awaiting Stock 7-14 Days" WTF is this shit?

Ok enough venting....

Beth Cyra

There was an Epyon EW?!

Not animated as said, but it got redesigned and released as a master grade this year and the new design is mean as all hell. Seeing it next Wing Gundam Zero is crazy, Wing is still my favorite redesign but I would say without doubt Epyon is the most badass of them all.

TreIII

Yes. Are all of them only for the console version? Hmm

Heh, that's actually a good thing, in my opinion.

Blue Frame was something I was hoping to try out as soon as possible, and was willing to do what was necessary in order to unlock him.

Of course, it's interesting how this game doesn't force you to unlock shit in this matter. Wish some other mainstream fighting games would take that kind of hint already...

Shouta

All of the units were already unlocked which is why they didn't have something for finishing Arcade mode.

Where are you located Astery? The connection between you and me wasn't bad or you, me and a few Japanese players but that Chinese player with the red connection made the game chug like crazy.

Shouta

Well, depending on where Astery was, he was red all night but the game ran fairly well overall. It's just that two red connections is when it got bad and I suspect that guy was was from China because his name was longhua. That's a lot of distance to cover between 3 players.

Well, depending on where Astery was, he was red all night but the game ran fairly well overall. It's just that two red connections is when it got bad and I suspect that guy was was from China because his name was longhua. That's a lot of distance to cover between 3 players.

Yay EU land. =(

C'mon Coxy, Xater, and Wazzim. Let's just run matches in our Neo-EU lobby.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
When I started reading this thread (for the first time a few minutes ago), I got really excited and wanted to get the game. Then I watched some videos and realized I have no idea what the hell is going on, and how any of that could be considered "tournament-worthy". I'm not doubting that it is, I just don't understand.

Also, what's the difference between the Asian and Japanese version? I used to be a Gundam nerd, but it's been more than a few years.

lupinko

When I started reading this thread (for the first time a few minutes ago), I got really excited and wanted to get the game. Then I watched some videos and realized I have no idea what the hell is going on, and how any of that could be considered "tournament-worthy". I'm not doubting that it is, I just don't understand.

Also, what's the difference between the Asian and Japanese version? I used to be a Gundam nerd, but it's been more than a few years.

Packaging, and Chinese/English instruction inserts, as well as lack of CERO rating.

This game has had its own major national tournament in Japan for years now, Premium Dogfight. Basically it's all new to you right now, but this game is very very deep, and is a different beast altogether from the traditional fighters.

ACESmkII

The best email of all time has been recieved...

"Your order has shipped"

Store is only about 7 hours away so hopefully I get my copy tomorrow.

Prepare yourselves ladies and gents
I'm not that great :D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I actually like the Tallgeese III over the Epyon since it combined everything cool about the Tallgeese and the Epyon (minus mega beam sword and dragon mode).

Dragon mode IS what made Epyon cool!

lupinko said:
This game has had its own major national tournament in Japan for years now, Premium Dogfight. Basically it's all new to you right now, but this game is very very deep, and is a different beast altogether from the traditional fighters.

The best way to think of it is Virtual On + Gundams + Crack + Steroids.

Shouta

So on a slightly different note, they had to scale the graphics back just a little for the game. The most obvious thing I noticed was changing Virsago's Triplesonic Cannon from a translucent Bloodred to a generic DBZ yellow ki attack color. It's a shame, that attack is really scary to see coming at you too.

So on a slightly different note, they had to scale the graphics back just a little for the game. The most obvious thing I noticed was changing Virsago's Triplesonic Cannon from a translucent Bloodred to a generic DBZ yellow ki attack color. It's a shame, that attack is really scary to see coming at you too.

Wow, that makes this is the second Namco System 357 game to be downgraded when ported to PS3. It's not sub-HD like Tekken 6 is it?

Shouta

Wow, that makes this is the second Namco System 357 game to be downgraded when ported to PS3. It's not sub-HD like Tekken 6 is it?

It's 720p according to the back of the box.

I think the 357 hardware is accelerated compared to the PS3 so they had to scale it back just a little to make it all work well. For example, replays don't have the 4 player split screen view of battle, just the field and individual views.

Oh and on that note, replays are very nice in this. They save a lot of them for you to watch (I suspect the last 100 or so) and you can download replays based on the unit you want. You can lock your favorite replays as well.

Kusano123

Neo Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tVPy2DgXje8#t=175s

Is that from the arcade version then? D: That blows if it's just a generic yellow beam.

Astery

I'm from Hong Kong. Lol.
That dude probably has a slow Internet connection or a ISP that is great for locals but bad for overseas connection, or that he lives in mainland china, which has shitty connections to overseas in general.

Shouta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tVPy2DgXje8#t=175s

Is that from the arcade version then? D: That blows if it's just a generic yellow beam.

If it's a blood red beam, then that's the arcade version of Virsago's Cannon. The Arcade version totally nailed the coloring for it, was kind of epic.

I'm from Hong Kong. Lol.
That dude probably has a slow Internet connection or a ISP that is great for locals but bad for overseas connection, or that he lives in mainland china, which has shitty connections to overseas in general.

Ah, that makes sense then.

It's 720p according to the back of the box.

I think the 357 hardware is accelerated compared to the PS3 so they had to scale it back just a little to make it all work well. For example, replays don't have the 4 player split screen view of battle, just the field and individual views.

Oh and on that note, replays are very nice in this. They save a lot of them for you to watch (I suspect the last 100 or so) and you can download replays based on the unit you want. You can lock your favorite replays as well.
That's weird they'd change the megasonic cannon though. But at least dogfight replays are still in! Do you check them out in the briefing room then?

squall23

Playing SDGO to take my mind off of not having EXVS for awhile. It's a somewhat decent alternative for now. ;__;
You can't fully compare the 2 though. One is more fight-y and one is more shoot-y. They're both highly competitive in their own right but in completely different ways.

Shouta

That's weird they'd change the megasonic cannon though. But at least dogfight replays are still in! Do you check them out in the briefing room then?

The Triplesonic Cannon effects are really, really nice in the arcade. It actually causes a little bit of slowdown if you land it on someone as I recall. So I suspect that it was a little intensive on the machine and did the simple thing and change the coloring.

And yes, the replays are in the briefing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom