• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (G-Tekketsu) |OT| The Iron Flower We Saw That Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

To me they are, its like the Star Wars set leaks, too much info. I mean, once the episode airs it's fair game but I guess its too late for that since it comes out in a couple of hours and its the last episode.

It's not a set leak. It's promo images posted for the public on the official Twitter of the show. Get over yourself.

Luigi87

I am so excited for this and also sad, because it's been the best mainline Gundam in so long, and I've enjoyed it so much.

... also I'll be Gundam-less once it ends (excluding playing GB3 next month).
... I really need to finally get to watching ZZ, or perhaps Turn-A one day...

vareon

To me they are, its like the Star Wars set leaks, too much info. I mean, once the episode airs it's fair game but I guess its too late for that since it comes out in a couple of hours and its the last episode.

It's fair game because it's an official promo material published before the episode. Which means they think it's okay to show because they think they are not something we shouldn't see beforehand. Sometimes marketing dun goofed but the only way to counter that is to go blackout.

duckroll

I don't think the animal forms were ever official. They are just fans having fun and playing around with the obvious animal motifs IBO loves to use.

Are you suggesting top tier poster Shun is not to be trusted? I refuse to believe that. Tekkadan Animal Force coming in season 2!!!

yami4ct

Are you suggesting top tier poster Shun is not to be trusted? I refuse to believe that. Tekkadan Animal Force coming in season 2!!!

Shun is secretly a Sunrise animator coming here and beta testing ideas on us.

That Graze combination was just a secret way to see if we'd like a giant Graze before they made the Graze Ein.

Silvard

Where are people watching the show? I thought it was simulcast on Crunchyroll but I just have 23 episodes available with the 24th coming up in an hour.

yami4ct

Where are people watching the show? I thought it was simulcast on Crunchyroll but I just have 23 episodes available with the 24th coming up in an hour.

Daisuki.net let's you watch in HD for free (Ad-supported) with just an account sign up in most territories. It's the primary distribution method Sunrise has been using.

Silvard

Huh, I didn't know about daisuki.net. They seem to have a very limited selection though, am I missing something?

Also besides Funimation, Crunchyroll, Netflix and Hulu+, what other services are there where one could find anime? There are so many older series I want to re/watch but you can scarcely find any.

yami4ct

Huh, I didn't know about daisuki.net. They seem to have a very limited selection though, am I missing something?

Also besides Funimation, Crunchyroll, Netflix and Hulu+, what other services are there where one could find anime? There are so many older series I want to re/watch but you can scarcely find any.

Daisuki is at lest partially operated by a conglomerate of studios (Similar to Hulu's relationship to the major networks) and pretty much only has been getting newer shows from the studios.

Shun

HOLY SHIT 4 SURVIVED

DA FUCK

Yes hahahaha-neesan...

dammit you stupid lolicon you truly are Char and Garma god dammit.

CeiooJDXEAAXBBa.jpg

(´;д;`)

Mika I hope you get wrecked.

Jubern

So it's over.

Expected a more interesting finale after last episode, which was by far the best episode so far... At least the McGillis things was fun.

At the end there was a small teaser that just says
"Tekkadan will come back in Autumn 2016"
with a pick of Barbatos in the background.

yami4ct

That's just the image IBO was announced with, but shifted color, right? I don't see any indication it'd be a new Barbatos.

So Season 2 confirmed then? Fully expected, as Gundam shows pretty much go 50 episodes even when they flop (Gundam X the notable exception), but great to hear still. Model kit sales seem to be strong even if ratings aren't, so I definitely expected it, but as I said I'm happy to hear it confirmed.

Shun

This first season was enjoyable enough but I'm not a big fan of how they're wrapping this up towards the second season.

The season constantly shifts from a high to a low to a high to a low and the repercussions aren't handled that great.

I'll go more into depth when more people see the episode but I hope Season 2 closes some loose stuff left out and they don't make it a train wreck like most Gundam 2nd seasons.

There was a lot they could have done with this last episode considering how episode 24 ended but nope, we'll cop out and throw it in for season 2.

I feel like for some fans I guess a Marvel Cinematic Universe comparison is apt. This season so far is enjoyable, but it seems so standard fare. It was enjoyable enough but it's missing substance.

Fuck Mika. Fuck super chocolate lolicon McGillis.

Shun

Oh lol damn i thought it was legit :p

Ugh, no more. I'd rather they move on to something good.

At least I have my bluray releases of the other series' to keep me busy till then I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Overall I could enjoy it, but I'm pretty disappointed in the series with what they could do with what they had. There wasn't a lack of action, its just a lack of real attachment to some of the characters and setting for the most part.

G Reco did the happy ending better and it's not getting a second season. Give me Season 2 of G Reco dammit.

Shun

Shun is secretly a Sunrise animator coming here and beta testing ideas on us.

That Graze combination was just a secret way to see if we'd like a giant Graze before they made the Graze Ein.

I am confuse as to when and how long i been label as such but I guess you called me? I will show you more Gundam soon.

I was just teasing season 2 concept work.

Thoraxes

Overall I could enjoy it, but I'm pretty disappointed in the series with what they could do with what they had. There wasn't a lack of action, its just a lack of real attachment to some of the characters and setting for the most part.

G Reco did the happy ending better and it's not getting a second season. Give me Season 2 of G Reco dammit.

I had a lot of trouble really caring or about or being interested in any of the characters in IBO. Who they are, their motivations, and how they grew and came to be was all just completely uninteresting to me. It just felt like a standard space show with a bland, uninteresting universe and an unlikable and shallow cast of characters. I think the only person I even came to think kinda had a personality that I thought was okay was Biscuit. Mika is a one-trick pony, Orga kinda had some promise here or there but never really fleshed out, Kudelia has an on and off switch and doesn't even seem like a real person outside of her two functions (being useless, then getting serious without any prelude), and Atara is okay for being on the side. Akihiro was okay too, because he at least got some major screentime dedicated to him.

The par-for-the-course Okada suffering is here in full force too, and the ham-fisted nature of melodrama just had me groaning.

The sub-par world building is something I really hoped wouldn't happen, but I found myself ultimately disappointed with it. I also didn't care much for the overarching plot or antagonists either.

You mention G-Reco, which I actually enjoyed, and I think really could've used the second season to get to how it ended. There was a lot more story there to be told.

I don't usually have a hard time getting into a Gundam series, but I cooled off on IBO unusually fast, and i'm usually a much less discerning anime connoisseur.

At least there were some good animation cuts and 2D mecha.

Jubern

I had a lot of trouble really caring or about or being interested in any of the characters in IBO. Who they are, their motivations, and how they grew and came to be was all just completely uninteresting to me. It just felt like a standard space show with a bland, uninteresting universe and an unlikable and shallow cast of characters. I think the only person I even came to think kinda had a personality that I thought was okay was Biscuit. Mika is a one-trick pony, Orga kinda had some promise here or there but never really fleshed out, Kudelia has an on and off switch and doesn't even seem like a real person outside of her two functions (being useless, then getting serious without any prelude), and Atara is okay for being on the side. Akihiro was okay too, because he at least got some major screentime dedicated to him.

The par-for-the-course Okada suffering is here in full force too, and the ham-fisted nature of melodrama just had me groaning.

The sub-par world building is something I really hoped wouldn't happen, but I found myself ultimately disappointed with it. I also didn't care much for the overarching plot or antagonists either.

You mention G-Reco, which I actually enjoyed, and I think really could've used the second season to get to how it ended. There was a lot more story there to be told.

I don't usually have a hard time getting into a Gundam series, but I cooled off on IBO unusually fast, and i'm usually a much less discerning anime connoisseur.

I've most people hate on G Reco, happy to see I have 2 comrades here :D
It was fun, if pretty aimless, and full of charm and personality. I'm waiting on the US blu-ray release.

IBO though, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
From the very beginning I didn't really feel it, the only episode that *really* grabbed me was 24 - then 25 was that pretty bad copout.

jgminto

McGillis, you heartless fucking bastard. You're the absolute worst and I hope Mika slices you in half sooner rather than later.
RIP Gaelio as well, he was too pure for this show. I felt so fucking bad seeing his sister with that fucking scum at the end
I guess Ein was a lot less effective than he seemed in the last episode too. Not succeeding a single time
(the Shino/Yamagi ship still sails on!)
isn't very good for a cyborg killing machine. I did feel bad for him just being another to used by that shithead, McGillis though. UGH FUCK MCGILLIS!!!

It was a great first season outside of the Dort colonies and hopefully they'll continue to deliver in the next. Tekkadan is a fantastic cast to follow on adventures.

McGillis, you heartless fucking bastard. You're the absolute worst and I hope Mika slices you in half sooner rather than later.
RIP Gaelio as well, he was too pure for this show. I felt so fucking bad seeing his sister with that fucking scum at the end
I guess Ein was a lot less effective than he seemed in the last episode too. Not succeeding a single time
(the Shino/Yamagi ship still sails on!)
isn't very good for a cyborg killing machine. I did feel bad for him just being another to used by that shithead, McGillis though. UGH FUCK MCGILLIS!!!

It was a great first season outside of the Dort colonies and hopefully they'll continue to deliver in the next. Tekkadan is a fantastic cast to follow on adventures.

Judging from those
three survivors
, I am not sure if
Gaelio
is dead. I hope
Gaelio
will survive and join Mika and Orga in Season 2 to fight McGillis.

I agree completely. The characters of IBO are bland and shallow, and the one I don't like the most is Kudelia. From all the portrayal of her, she is a naive girl who know nothing about the world before witnessing
the massacre and the death of Fumitan
. How can she be viewed as a leader in revolution on Mars when being so naive? How can she gain support by only being benevolent and kind to others?
All other characters are bad, but Kudelia is most likely the worst.
I am convinced that Ein is a comedy character.

I think the final montage contradicts that.
McGillis needed Gaelio to die before he could lead Gjallahorn so they would need to confirm that and time had already passed since the battle so it's not really the same as the Turbine girls pulling through.

Ah, you are right. Probably wishful thinking, I think
Gaelio is the best character in the whole series, so I don't want him dead.

jgminto

Judging from those
three survivors
, I am not sure if
Gaelio
is dead. I hope
Gaelio
will survive and join Mika and Orga in Season 2 to fight McGillis.
McGillis needed Gaelio to die before he could lead Gjallahorn so they would need to confirm that and time had already passed since the battle so it's not really the same as the Turbine girls pulling through.

duckroll

FINALE (of season 1)

That was pretty satisfying. Not the best ending the season could have had, but it did come together well. Both duels at the end were not really ideological or even physical ones, because it was clear that one would defeat the other, but rather they felt like a ritual of sorts. For both McGillis and Mika this was the last thing they needed to do, to look themselves in the mirror and say they have succeeded in what they have set out to do. It's actually pretty horrifying to see the show in a way glorify these two "heroes" who are saving the world (from itself) - one is a cold unfeeling soldier who kills anyone who stands in his way, without honor or hesitation, just out of instinct, another is a cruel psychopathic schemer who is willing to sacrifice everything close to him and kill his own friend just to move the world into a better path. I have to say... I like it.

rrvv

Cannot wait for
Kimaris Gali-Gali

Unless the suit explodes or theres a body bag I wont believe he's dead. #LetsSURVIVE Good writing will prevail.

Looks like I was right for at least tekkadan members.

A+ writing fot this final episode this is how you do good writing. And Ride ftw. I always had faith in him and he delivered. Best character. I wish he had more lines though but at least we did get a RideTakaki moment. He took care of Takaki and now Takaki takes care of him..

Episode made me a McGillis fan though. Fighting over friendship and ideals and having to make the ultimate choice was hard on the heart, stressful, and emotional, and he has to actually live in despair just for the sake of changing the organization and doing the right thing against evil. I hope McGillis gets a good end.

Overall this may not have been as definitive as Wing or Seed or Age gen 2 but its probably third best gundam overall for me.

Survivor best song.

jgminto

Looks like I was right for at least tekkadan members.

A+ writing fot this final episode this is how you do good writing. And Ride ftw. I always had faith in him and he delivered. Best character. I wish he had more lines though but at least we did get a RideTakaki moment. He took care of Takaki and now Takaki takes care of him..

Episode made mr a McGillis fan though. Fighting over friendship and ideals and having to make the ultimate choice was hard on the heart, stressful, and emotional, and he has to actually live in despair just for the sake of changing the organization and doing the right thing against evil. I hope McGillis gets a good end.

Overall this may not have been as definitive as Wing or Seed or Age gen 2 but its probably third best gundam overall for me.

Survivor best song.
Even though I know you're serious I still feel like I need to ask. I don't understand how you came to that conclusion. He literally
killed his childhood friends
because they were in his way.

Taruranto

BRAVO OKADA

a191ykQ.gif

Ein is the ultimate jobber.

I was expecting more on the Yamagi/Shino front, maybe in S2 since probably they didn't foresee Yamagi being so popular.

Bonus pic

v8u9R3k.png

vareon

And that's it! Overall I really liked this season. A lot of my friends (who don't usually watch Gundam) are watching as well, so it's good to see a lot of people being enthusiastic in Gundam again. I think that's the best part of IBO for me, it's catching up with the show together. Unlike G-Reco in which I am the only one who sit through all of it and my friends looked at me with pity.

Can't wait for S2. Bring on the crazy robots.

stryke

Huh, with season 2 planned I thought they'd leave it on a bigger cliff hanger but their first job as Tekkadan resolved pretty well.

Even though I know you're serious I still feel like I need to ask. I don't understand how you came to that conclusion. He literally
killed his childhood friends
because they were in his way.

I think if Gaelio hadnt continued to fight then he wouldnt have been killed. If he truly wanted him killed them there were many other times and methods for it. He probably also realized Gaelio could never change because of his rallying behind revenge filled Ein who seemed only focused on one thing. Carta as well seemed solely focused on revenge too, her death could have been avoided by her own power and she acted contrary to doing what is good. McGillis is clearly a good guy to me in that he wants positive change and rallied around those who could really set things moving. It was such a sad friendship story though :(

Exalted

Gundam IBO Episode 25 (end)

That was a good episode, and a satisfying ending to the series. Compared to Gundam 00 and Gundam Seed , i liked the charcahters in IBO more, and think they were better written.
Heh, i even like McGillis :p , he is an asshole , but i can't wait to see more of him.

So next season starts in fall?

jgminto

I think if Gaelio hadnt continued to fight then he wouldnt have been killed. If he truly wanted him killed them there were many other times and methods for it. He probably also realized Gaelio could never change because of his rallying behind revenge filled Ein who seemed only focused on one thing. Carta as well seemed solely focused on revenge too, her death could have been avoided by her own power and she acted contrary to doing what is good. McGillis is clearly a good guy to me in that he wants positive change and rallied around those who could really set things moving. It was such a sad friendship story though :(
McGillis needed Carta and Gaelio to die from the beginning to gain control of Gjallahorn, of course he was planning to kill Gaelio. And he was the one who pushed Ein into the full AV program, not Gaelio who who was concerned about Ein as friend. McGillis used the both of them knowing they would die and he didn't care. And I doubt the change he wants for Gjallahorn will be very positive seeing the methods he used for his own plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom