• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (G-Tekketsu) |OT| The Iron Flower We Saw That Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

OMG my heart was pounding when Ein showed up and started to rekt everyone. RIP Lafter and Azee, Shino better make it out alive, he has someone waiting for him and that side plot can't end like this. When Takaki put on Biscuit's hat, perfection, plus the Orga speech, OMG. All the kids dying at the start and Eugene saving the squad, it's amazing the amount of stuff that happened in just one episode. What is McGrillis up to? Mika better make crazy basted Ein pay for what he did to the girls. Best episode yet! If the ending delivers, 10/10 series. Next Sunday is gonna be awesome with both Schwarzesmarken and IBO ending.

Death Flags 101

OMG guys Shino might not make it. He looks really bad.
Rq8TGmP.png

Luigi87

Well in my experience, whenever an episode of a show is the name of a character, that usually means the character hits their story peak and dies.

The finale is called Tekkadan, so RIP Tekkadan.

RangerBAD

Well in my experience, whenever an episode of a show is the name of a character, that usually means the character hits their story peak and dies.

The finale is called Tekkadan, so RIP Tekkadan.

It's a full circle episode, but I suspect major losses. A lot of iron flowers will be laid on graves. Actually, where the iron flowers fall are their graves because no one cares about space rats.

The Light

Wasn't expecting straight action most of the episode.
Shino got off light compared to the turbines. Figure Ein would've been brutal with Shino considering the suit he's in.

Fairly pleased with how events turned out this episode. Orphans finally struggling with visible losses, strong enemy pilot that doesn't job and gets named kills, Graze Ein having a goddamn pile bunker, and Eugene coming back. Really started to like Ein and Gaelio in these last few episodes, its a shame that both are seemingly just unwitting pawns by McGillis.

Considering how IBO loves subverting a few standard mecha cliche scenes, I was a bit disappointed that they straight up just allowed Kudelia to just get in front of an enemy mobile suit, yell at it, and get away unscathed.

sonicmj1

Yes! Ein bringing justice and calling out Kudelia for her insanity. Poor Gaelio, i don't think he'll stay sane. What if after all this Makanai still doesn't have enough votes to get himself seated?

Ein has completely lost it in this episode. Crank chose to duel (and died) because he wanted to keep kids and innocents from getting murdered. Ein is shitting all over his wishes by causing a blackout in a major population center.

Fantastic episode. Great action and serious stakes, the culmination of all the improbable and relatively bloodless wins that Tekkadan has won so far. The scene that I was pretty impressed with, partially because this stuff doesn't always work, was Orga's speech before the battle, and Merribit's reaction.

Certainly, Orga's actions make sense from his perspective, and this offensive is the inevitable consequence of all the actions Tekkadan has taken so far. They can't turn back; they have to keep fighting the enemies they've made. But are the promises he's making to his team honest? His soaring rhetoric about how each live lost will make each survivor's life that much brighter could be coming out of a bloodthirsty warlord as much as it might be coming from a revolutionary. And, fundamentally, he hasn't left the kids of Tekkadan much of a choice. Orga's manipulating the same bonds that make them family to send them to die. Merribit is right to be horrified, even if there's nothing anyone can really do to stop it.

I wonder where all this will end up before the break.

Snorlocs

So not only does Gjallahorn directly interfere with Arbrau politics but they let a
Half-man Half-Gundam
monster on the loose to wreck everything? I pray the get some form of punishment from the world government.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Alright episode, Merribitto is swiftly getting to be even more annoying than Kudelia, Kudelua at least found a role, accepted the kids motivations, and at least supports them and helping them find themselves. Merribitto needs to change fast.

Merribit is the only sane person in the show, Orga's speech is basically the same speech given by terrorist or cult leaders. I can understand why Merribit is so distress, she must felt like a democrat in a Donald Trump campaign. The children are just too uneducated to realize they are throwing their life away for nothing.

Kudelia could know this is a mistake, but she is in a serious messiah complex.

The mission was over when they delivered Kudelia to Earth, it is less risky for them to return to Mars and look for safer jobs than fighting against the world's biggest government. But of course, Mika+Orga just had to push everyone to hell with him. I seriously think that the purpose of Arta in this show is to died a tragic death just so Mika will realize the mistake he had made.

Gruesome episode

they went crazy but Gjallahorn was more insane and everyone died

the end

Also Kudeilah became insane too

everyone is dead you sick psychos

So not only does Gjallahorn directly interfere with Arbrau politics but they let a
Half-man Half-Gundam
monster on the loose to wreck everything? I pray the get some form of punishment from the world government.

tumblr_nx516qLahf1ro8jcyo1_500.gif

All according to keikaku.

Azee and Lafter tho... ;__;

duckroll

I don't think Ein is any "tier", considering how he's not even really human anymore. I would say he's more comparable to Four and Stella than Riddhe and Hathaway . The Graze Ein is definitely more of a Psycho/Destroy Gundam too.

RangerBAD

I don't think Ein is any "tier", considering how he's not even really human anymore. I would say he's more comparable to Four and Stella than Riddhe and Hathaway . The Graze Ein is definitely more of a Psycho/Destroy Gundam too.

Well, the only human emotion he is holding onto is revenge and that amounts to spitting on Krank's grave. He wanted something different for Ein then being consumed which is what happened. Now he'll die not even human anymore which might be a great way of saying revenge ends in nothing but misery. Four and Stella were brainwashed, but I agree that Ein is as fragile as them mentally. Oh, and they all use giant Gundams.

duckroll

Ein just seems... stupid. Like, I'm not even saying that in a mean way, but his problem seems to be being dense rather than evil. His inability to understand what Krank wanted is probably down to his lack of life experience, but his one track mind for revenge is a sign of low intellect imo!

RangerBAD

Ein just seems... stupid. Like, I'm not even saying that in a mean way, but his problem seems to be being dense rather than evil. His inability to understand what Krank wanted is probably down to his lack of life experience, but his one track mind for revenge is a sign of low intellect imo!

I can agree with that, ducky!

duckroll

What are the odds that in the final episode, after killing his best friend, McGillis then matches into parliament and shoots his dad too?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Unless mcgillis has some secret training I don't know about his mech skills are on par with his friend if not a tad better.

His friend is the ultimate jobber no other antagonist has lost as many times as he has, probably because they all died before that time, which he should have too if not for Ein bailing his ass every time.

Taruranto

Ein is such a weird character. I supposed they wanted him so be this sort of mad-gundam monstrosity, but he comes off as funny and stupid more than anything.

There were also some weird stuff about his background in early episodes that ultimately went nowhere.

The scene where all the Tekkadan "sacrifice" themselves was kinda weak, since it basically amounted to nameless characters that never appeared before. Which it's why I think Shino and Lafter are probably fine, the show only kills characters when they came make a big deal out of it. Shino also has some scenes with Yamagi that went nowhere and probably need some conclusion.

He always holds his own, and then loses. He basically a time waster not a potent or lethal threat, but takes a while to dispatch.

To be fair, Tekkadan has never had an actual potent or lethal threat until this episode. Not Mars Gjallahorn, not Brewers, and not Dort Gjallahorn. I might have considered Teiwaz, but they became allies and benefactors almost immediately, and Carta got lucky that Orga was issuing commands 5 feet away in a completely open area.

He always holds his own, and then loses. He basically a time waster not a potent or lethal threat, but takes a while to dispatch.

He's basically this shows Graham Aker.

I'm still trying to figure out why McGillis bothered to wear and then remove his mask. As if Gaelio couldn't tell by his voice. Were they even connected with video communication? Or did him removing his mask just magically make Gaelio become smarter?

He's been blatantly manipulating his friends in a really sinister way for the last few episodes and has been playing both sides to further his own aims. It's not exactly out of left field.

well i saw the manipulations but i didnt exactly see that as him turning against them into a full on fight. i just thought he was a really shitty person that uses people for his own purposes.

duckroll

He's been blatantly manipulating his friends in a really sinister way for the last few episodes and has been playing both sides to further his own aims. It's not exactly out of left field.

I think what confuses people is that he doesn't seem to have a very coherent plan. His scenes throughout the series have been "act ominous and vague, be mysterious". He wants to "reform" the "weak" organization which has "fallen from grace". But how? It made sense when he was manipulating things from the background without anyone knowing, but how is him arriving on the battlefield in the open, ripping off his mask, and telling his friend that he's going to rekt him going to aid his overall plan?

studyguy

The scene where all the Tekkadan "sacrifice" themselves was kinda weak, since it basically amounted to nameless characters that never appeared before. Which it's why I think Shino and Lafter are probably fine, the show only kills characters when they came make a big deal out of it. Shino also has some scenes with Yamagi that went nowhere and probably need some conclusion.

Pretty much, all those tears shed during the speech for acting exactly as they've been doing since day one. Eh.

Also McGillis blatantly playing his hand in person like that wasn't what I expected yet tbh. I hope he gets rekt but we all know where this is going.

I think what confuses people is that he doesn't seem to have a very coherent plan. His scenes throughout the series have been "act ominous and vague, be mysterious". He wants to "reform" the "weak" organization which has "fallen from grace". But how? It made sense when he was manipulating things from the background without anyone knowing, but how is him arriving on the battlefield in the open, ripping off his mask, and telling his friend that he's going to rekt him going to aid his overall plan?

Yup, sounds like a Char clone.

Ein will in the end be the final villain... having his brain in a base on the moon or a well fortified asteroid he will send millions of Gundam drones to keep stability and peace in the solar system

final battle facing all these Gundams, blah, blah The END

Principate

Saint Titanfall
To be fair, Tekkadan has never had an actual potent or lethal threat until this episode. Not Mars Gjallahorn, not Brewers, and not Dort Gjallahorn. I might have considered Teiwaz, but they became allies and benefactors almost immediately, and Carta got lucky that Orga was issuing commands 5 feet away in a completely open area.

I'd say Brewers actually were a fairly potent and a poentially lethal threat Mikazuki was the singular tipping point and even he had great trouble with Guison. Most other battles in the show he didn't seem to holding down the fort quite as much.

Comparitively Gali Gali is simply competant but he doesn't feel like he's above the competancies of the rest of Tekkadan to such a degree that they couldn't deal with unless Ein was picking up the slack.

I believe it's pretty obvious this part doesn't and wasn't supposed to have anything to do with his plan. It's his friend he's killing the one he's been manipulating the entire time. It's likely part narcissism and part sadism.

I imagine the overall goal is to bring scrutiny to Gjallahorn's actions by all worldwide actors and perhaps using Kudellia as an enemy which he plans to promote to threat level to rally Gjallahorn against.

His plans aren't coherent, especially since even the vague notions of reforming Gjallarhorn could just be more bullshit. I'm probably just conditioned not to expect a sensible plan from a masked Gundam villain or for his motivations to be revealed this early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom