• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H3H3Productions |OT| Reppin' the Naysh \//\

Fat4all

Banned
Considering such titles will make the community around it worse, well, yeah, it is at the least a little bit important. Check the youtube comments for those videos or how the subreddit is full of the_donald posters.

I've never looked to Youtube comments sections for any sort of insight on the actual Youtuber.

On youtube, an audience one day is an enemy the next day.

If I judged H3H3 by the comments in the comments in their 'sexist air conditioning' video, I would've never made an OT.

man, i can't believe he kissed his sister

either way, it's fucked up they keep making out

Have they kissed yet?

I haven't seen a single video that has them kiss, which is great btw. Because it'd likely feel very forced if they did.

Also I prefer the chemistry that comes from conversation, not just sucking each others faces.

Have they kissed yet?

I haven't seen a single video that has them kiss, which is great btw. Because it'd likely feel very forced if they did.

Also I prefer the chemistry that comes from conversation, not just sucking each others faces.
They kiss in the 100 hats video but it's not anything at all like you think.

Fat4all

Banned
The YouTube Heroes thing is such a mess. It seems like every time YouTube takes a step forward in addressing community issues and problems, they gun-jump two steps back with new flawed ideas.

Zemm

That latest video is terrible, I'm guessing that's the kind of stuff they were putting on their other channel but are bringing over to the h3h3 one? Definitely the worst video of their's that I've watched.

BTM

That latest video is terrible, I'm guessing that's the kind of stuff they were putting on their other channel but are bringing over to the h3h3 one? Definitely the worst video of their's that I've watched.

Yea, that was more of a traditional Ethan & Hila channel video.

Jzero

They did say they were merging the channels.

Fat4all

Banned
Ethan asked Twitter to give them questions to answer, and it goes about as well as you'd think.

Answering WEIRD Questions

s5d6jQj.gif

Pretty funny, definitely an E&H style video and since they ultimately opted to keep that channel going I wonder why these more lax videos aren't getting upped there.

I was under the impression that they were gonna turn the E&H channel into them playing video games together, after they did the "it's over" video and then came back with two game vids in a row.

I actually really like watching them play games together so I hope they keep doing it.

Rikkun

My timeline in 3 steps

Find H3H3 on Youtube and watch like 20 videos
Find these "feminist triggered" videos and think wow I haven't read any drama about this how
Find the GAF topic

Problem is, these women may be wrong but they're still feminists, like Trump may be wrong but still a Republican, so saying that "a Republican wants to ban all muslims" etc referring to Trump is not wrong.
These women are damaging feminism and all the huge steps we're all doing, and they deserve to get called out from both males and females for using this movement just to be a total and utter cunt.

Peace.

Bacon

My timeline in 3 steps

Find H3H3 on Youtube and watch like 20 videos
Find these "feminist triggered" videos and think wow I haven't read any drama about this how
Find the GAF topic

Problem is, these women may be wrong but they're still feminists, like Trump may be wrong but still a Republican, so saying that "a Republican wants to ban all muslims" etc referring to Trump is not wrong.
These women are damaging feminism and all the huge steps we're all doing, and they deserve to get called out from both males and females for using this movement just to be a total and utter cunt.

Peace.

Those women may refer to themselves as feminists but no they are not feminists. And treating them as if they are feminists and they act on behalf of feminism is wrong. It just feeds into the faulty mindset of "see?!? I told you all feminists are crazy and hate men etc etc!"

Samara

Watching the latest H3 videos makes a bunch of feminist reckt or triggered compilation -rants. There is no nuance on YT about feminism.

Colin.

Those women may refer to themselves as feminists but no they are not feminists. And treating them as if they are feminists and they act on behalf of feminism is wrong. It just feeds into the faulty mindset of "see?!? I told you all feminists are crazy and hate men etc etc!"

Exactly right. This is a common tactic that you'll find on alt-right channels. They will use viral clips, or find their own to feed into peoples confirmation biases. In every instance I've seen, it's been people on the far left fringes, or someone that appears to be mentality unstable. It'd be like if I went and found some videos, or comments of racism by Trump supporters and went "See, ALL Trump supporters are disgusting racists!" It's just lazy pandering.

Now, back on topic here.. I can't help but feel the quality of the h3h3 channel has went downhill for me. Since around about the time they moved a while back. There hasn't been a video I've found particularly funny, or entertaining since. Which is unfortunate, as I'd considered it to be one of, if not my favourite Youtube channel at one point. I hope they can return to form soon.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
Watching the latest H3 videos makes a bunch of feminist reckt or triggered compilation -rants. There is no nuance on YT about feminism.

The problem is that feminism isn't some monolithic thing. There are literally dozens of 'types' of feminism. Many of which don't agree with each other. There is a very loud and extremely annoying group of third-wave feminists that make the whole movement look insane. People can say these people are not 'true' feminists all they want, but that doesn't really help anything. No True Scotsman and all that.

It's no surprise that only 30% of Woman in the US consider themselves a Feminist. There is a sizable amount of toxic and problematic ideologies and behaviors in the movement.

PsychBat!

Banned
I think it's time to unfollow Ethan on twitter.
His "triggered" shit is just not funny anymore.

The gifs are funny but that's cuz other people use them in a light hearted manner on GAF.

Arcia

Banned
Yeah, I unsubscribed from h3h3. I became a pretty huge fan about a year ago, but all of this recent stuff about "crazy feminists" really has rubbed me the wrong way. I think especially so because I'm a woman. Some of the language Ethan has been saying in these more recent videos is nearly verbatim what gross internet trolls and harassers have said to me and close friends of mine online. Its eerie.

It just is hitting too close to home and makes me deeply uncomfortable. Its really upsetting and depressing that someone online whose content brought such joy and levity to me in the past is now making me feel this way. Such a fucking letdown.

PsychBat!

Banned
I was a huge fan back last year and earlier this year. Once they focused more on E&H around March or something, I was like "fine, they're making daily content. We'll see how this turns out". I fell out of it once after that lackluster hypnosis interview and reaction video. Then the gambling video came out and in all honesty, I couldn't give a shit about it. I never even watched it.

I just stopped watching altogether cuz their content was so safe and boring. And then we get this shit with the sjws and triggered. What happened to the spicy goofs and gaffs we used to have? Why doesn't he acknowledge them anymore and wants to transition to very predictable and "it's only funny the first two times" comedy?

kaskade

New video had more of an old school vibe. The intro music in the beginning, the Hila cam. Hila cam is important, having her film makes the video itself have life reacting to what Ethan is doing. Otherwise it feels like youtubers talking to a webcam.

Joqu

New video had more of an old school vibe. The intro music in the beginning, the Hila cam. Hila cam is important, having her film makes the video itself have life reacting to what Ethan is doing. Otherwise it feels like youtubers talking to a webcam.

It did, and while it was by no means my favourite h3h3 video, those elements are appreciated. I'm sure he's still going to do plenty of other style videos though, and that's a 100% ok, but I wish he differentiated them somehow. I'm sure they're easier to make but I usually don't like the stationary videos

Fat4all

Banned
huh, so leafy has been holding a grudge all this time and was trying to get smaller channels to attack H3H3 for him.

Sad!

Indirectly related to h3h3. An entire unsatirical rant about how Leafy manipulated and got on the nerves of this guy. Turns out Leafy is a scumbag.

There are mentions about h3h3 deep in the second half of the video, but I recommend watching the entire thing to get the full story.

Even with the voice being loud all the time, Leafy is pretty much a straight up piece of shit. Getting a ton of small YouTubers make videos in secret is some pretty scummy shit. Makes others do his work because his own work sucks ass and he's a straight up pussy.

Top Bottom