• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 - Media blow out

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm liking this map. Seems to have a good flow. Also I have noticed a nice lack of run, run, run, melee, melee, melee. Much more shooting and less trying to backsmack everyone.
There's a gamespot gameplay vid where a guy racks up kills with the sword. lulz

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Okay, so maybe I'll only go semi-dark on Halo. Couldn't resist looking at the screenshots in the OP.

But that's it! That's all you're getting from me, 343i!

Smokey

I am hyped for H4 and I have managed to blackout most media except for the E3 demo, actor ViDoc, and some MP footage from MLG or whatever.

Other than that I KNOW NOTHING, and am trying to resist looking at media in OP :(

Dis tuff

Peterthumpa

Seriously. Give me the next Xbox with Halo 4 @ 1080p with 4xAA and 60 FPS and I'll buy one for each member of my family, even the dog.

JdFoX187

Banned
Seriously. Give me the next Xbox with Halo 4 @ 1080p with 4xAA and 60 FPS and I'll buy one for each member of my family, even the dog.

Are the animations still locked at 30 FPS like the Xbox Halo games? I remember Halo: CE PC looked really awkward at 60 FPS. But if they could get it to work, I'd definitely double-dip.

Or you know just...enjoy the game.

Standards, how do they work?

cbox

I haven't kept up with halo 4 at all, and from these screens - I'm afraid at what these guys are going to do with the next xbox. Considering the system is 6 years old now, next gen is gonna be literally amazing.

Can't wait to play it.

Khezu

Looks really nice, really interested in playing campaign.

I have come to a weird realization, I don't like playing FPS's on consoles with dual analog sticks, but Halo is the only FPS I legitimately enjoy anymore. Ah well, I'll suck it up.

I see Unggoy, Kig-Yar and Sangheili enemies? What? Why are elites fighting the Chief? Weird.

And the Promethean killing the Sangheili. Makes sense.

MajorPain

I was going to hold out on this game but those video's from the campaign look amazing.

I will just need to fit this in between AC 3, Black ops 2, Torchlight 2, Guild Wars 2 and Borderlands 2. Good thing for me the new Bioshock isn't going to be out this year.

Woorloog

Banned
I see Unggoy, Kig-Yar and Sangheili enemies? What? Why are elites fighting the Chief? Weird.

And the Promethean killing the Sangheili. Makes sense.

The Covenant is fractured, there are factions who are isolationist, factions who want to deal with humans, factions who still belive in the Covenant's religion.

As for the Prometheans fighting the Elites... well, i guess Halo 4 will explain it.

I haven't really been following the coverage. Have they announced the armor abilities yet?
Yes. There will be 8 AA in Halo 4:
Thruster Pack
Hardlight Shield
Jetpack
Regneration Field
Active Cameo
Sentry Turret
Promethean Vision
Hologram

IGN Walkthroughs: Armory Walkthrough, Multiplayer Loadouts (With David Ellis) and Armor Abilities Walkthrough (With Kevin Franklin)
IGN Developer Commentary: Dominion Multiplayer (With Josh Holmes) & CTF Multiplayer (With Josh Holmes)
Thanks! Added it to the OP!

teraMEL0S

Looks absolutely phenomenal. A Halo game couldn't look any better art wise. Next gen is going to make my eyes melt. Thank you, 343i!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
How can you say that? Bungie envisioned the whole thing in the first place, 343i is building upon those foundations. I'm as impressed with 343i's work as the next guy, but we can show our appreciation without being disrespectful to Bungie. They're the ones who gave us the Halo universe and established the series' visual (and more importantly, gameplay) direction. What we've seen of Halo 4 so far seems like a very well executed evolution.

Exactly.

Cosigned. Anyone who doesn't think Bungie's next game is going to look amazing is cray.

tci

How can you say that? Bungie envisioned the whole thing in the first place, 343i is building upon those foundations. I'm as impressed with 343i's work as the next guy, but we can show our appreciation without being disrespectful to Bungie. They're the ones who gave us the Halo universe and established the series' visual (and more importantly, gameplay) direction. What we've seen of Halo 4 so far seems like a very well executed evolution.
I didn't mean no disrespect to Bungie. From what I have seen of Halo 4 so far, it have a better vision in terms of map design. And by that have a better use of the elements from the Halo universe.

I still think the only good game is the original, in terms of campaign. I don't know why I also played 2 and 3. They lacked in a lot af areas. I have not played a game in the series since. But this one looks at least interesting.

edit: I just saw some of that Gamestop footage.. That commentator needs to shut the fuck up. So annoying. Could only bear 30 seconds of that.

ixvLvrIj8mSLN.gif

lighting of the blade over chief's visor is a nice little detail

Oh my God, I am not usually a fan of finishing moves but my God this looks awesome !!

Dammit, I clicked on the GTTV youtube link. My game boner won't go down. It looks sexy as hell. Between this, Borderlands 2, and Wii U I think I'm set for the foreseeable future.

Aren't they working on a multiplatform MMOFPS? Considering it's an MMOFPS and it's their first multiplatform game, I wouldn't expect too much.

It may be more of a co-op/competitive game than a traditional mmo (not descriptive but maybe you know what I mean). Its speculation at this point. Its gonna be good, nonetheless.

My God, doesn't the 360 have a GPU equivalent of dual 6800 Ultras or something? How the hell are they getting this fidelity. HNNNNNNNG

shinnn

Those visuals with the Halo fluid gameplay, wide areas, bunch of enemies, AI, vehicles, a lot of stuff going on. MS really made a dream team at 343i. wow.

edit: still can't believe this is 4-player co-op. Is it?

TheOddOne

Those visuals with the Halo fluid gameplay, wide areas, bunch of enemies, AI, vehicles, a lot of stuff going on. MS really made a dream team at 343i. wow.

edit: still can't believe this is 4-player co-op. Is it?
Yup. Frank even says that other players will show up in the cryotubes during the first mission.

Empty

looks glorious. haven't really been following the game so i didn't know about the new enemies, hope they're fun to fight; that gif of walking into a two way battle is so good.

Top Bottom