• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Are you up for more questions Frankie?

If so...

-What's happening with out of bounds exploration in Halo 2? Any special treats for those climbing the mountains of Delta Halo?
-What about the original skulls?

Don't look for much that wasn't there originally and assume 16:9 has more impact than you'd assume.

belushy

Banned
FyreWulff's Halo 2 Bug Checklist and/or How To Be a Jerk In Halo 2

one incoming for halo 3 as well. It'll look nicer in a few minutes for people that are viewing it fullscreen

qShOGCV.jpg

Above this base, there is a hole in the invisible ceiling that can be flown through with the banshee. In the picture, the banshee is sitting in the approximate location of the hole. Doing this allows you to escape into the skybox, which forced Bungie to remove the Banshee from the map in matchmaking, even though the map was designed to accomodate it. This hole can also be driven through by a Spectre, since Spectres are really good at climbing walls. Sealing this hole would allow the map to be playable with the entire vehicle suite.

And get rid of bumper cars in the process? I'll only say yes if the invisible wall is turned off for custom games.

Random17

Don't look for much that wasn't there originally and assume 16:9 has more impact than you'd assume.

On the subject of exploration... Okay... but why am I so paranoid about the original skulls somehow being included in this statement?

Always cryptic, Frankie :p

Nirvana

Stuff from the vid:

-Achievements will be new, not the original achievements
-Definite confirmation that you can specifically search for just Halo 2, CE etc.
-Forge for Halo 2 only on the 6 remade maps

Not necessarily new stuff, just confirmations.

If you're still around Frankie - Can you make sure the infinite sword glitch still works in the transition between The Arbiter and The Oracle? That is, where you carry around an empty sword for the transition and it becomes infinite/invisible for the next level.

It's part of my Legendary run of the game, and it makes that level a lot easier - especially the big Flood rush in the room where they break through the windows. :D

Madness

I wonder if these new models developed for Anniversary are something they might use for Halo 5. Meaning how the Grunts look like a mix of Reach/2 etc.

Also, love hearing the monks. Just turning on the collection, hearing them will get me pumped up.

Random17

Stuff from the vid:

-Achievements will be new, not the original achievements
-Definite confirmation that you can specifically search for just Halo 2, CE etc.
-Forge for Halo 2 only on the 6 remade maps

Not necessarily new stuff, just confirmations.

If you're still around Frankie - Can you make sure the infinite sword glitch still works in the transition between The Arbiter and The Oracle? That is, where you carry around an empty sword for the transition and it becomes infinite/invisible for the next level.

It's part of my Legendary run of the game, and it makes that level a lot easier - especially the big Flood rush in the room where they break through the windows. :D
I doubt the new graphics engine will change something like that. Assuming it is like CEA, physics engine related glitches are the ones that are likely to be affected.

Omni

just watch there aren't any spoilers. just a few minutes of level 1 gameplay
I don't want to see any cutscenes until release, TBH. I'm fine with what we saw of Cairo Station gameplay as it was part of the E3 reveal, but one of the great things about CEA was just experiencing and seeing the new polished environments for the first time.

If I see too much now then it's just gonna deflate my hype a bit I think.

TheOddOne

Guys, I'm here to annouce that HaloGAF Radio is making its triumphant return. The fans have asked for it and now it is time to deliver. Although it will still be called HaloGAF radio, you can expect show regulars from HBO, including co-host Louis Wu. Stay tuned.
Conandelighted_zpsfefffa1f.gif

RIP Reclaimer Radio.

We only need midship and maybe sanctuary and then even the remakes would have enough good maps for competive use. damn

Zanzibar to me is a med-big map. It is not as big as Coagulation or Water Works x.x I would be happy with 3 small maps. Ascension, Midship & Lockout. Then Zanzibar for medium big & coagulation + water works to be on the huge side. Just to have a healthy balance of small medium to large, not to mention forging in water works / coagulation people can most likely remake sanctuary and the other competitive greats =)

It's too large for 4v4. If they want a map that can do 4v4, 6v6 or 8v8, just use Terminal. And it can use CTF, Assault, and Slayer.

ouch forgot about terminal DX I really like that map.. I would take that over Zanzibar but pretty sure Zanzibar is already confirmed.

Madness

I kind of wish they did all the maps now. I can easily see the playlist dominating early on for the sheer fact it's new and will will most likely have the best graphics. But I can understand just the time and resource commitments wouldn't allow for it.

I wouldn't mind burial mounds if it's not already been done.

Damn good choice too.

It's too large for 4v4. If they want a map that can do 4v4, 6v6 or 8v8, just use Terminal. And it can use CTF, Assault, and Slayer.

Terminal was great at 4s or 8s CTF and assault, it does play quite well for slayer but can lead to some serious spawn killing and quitters though.

All that said it's damn hard to beat that hype train wrecking fools!

I truly hope dedis bring a metric shit tonne of interactivity to campaign and multi with Halo 5.

Competa

Banned
I kind of wish they did all the maps now. I can easily see the playlist dominating early on for the sheer fact it's new and will will most likely have the best graphics. But I can understand just the time and resource commitments wouldn't allow for it.
I actually think oderwise, that playlist will be empty after a month or 2.

Madness

I actually think oderwise, that playlist will be empty after a month or 2.

Really? I mean yeah its the Halo 4 engine, but the game play is Halo 2 styled. There is no sprint, flinch, there is increased player movement etc.

Coupled with the fact they have forge with those maps, who knows. I can see a lot of guys who play Proving Ground, love Legendary BR's/Slayer Pro style game play move to that list over H4, not to mention the people who are not happy with the objective games in H4. I just think because it's the newest and seems to now be best looking that it'll have the highest player base. I could be wrong though. I do also think the brunt of users may be H2/H3.

TheOddOne

Yeah, it sucks for them. It would be nice if games were set up to pay royalties to developers. But that in itself seems like an impossible feat considering the number of hands that are involved in the end product. It's not the same as an actor getting royalties.
I wonder if somebody ever wrote a paper about the possibly of royalties for game development. I would read that paper.

Anyway, I think they were mostly joking around.

Fuchsdh

Not that I understand it but how would they claim royalties?

Same way everyone else does? It's all in a contract.

But yeah I don't see how you could do royalties. With a song, it's basically writing and performing credits, split however many ways. With a game, it'd be a nightmare of who gets what, especially considering how some work is practically "invisible" or not represented in the game--so the animators and 3D artists would get royalties, but what about the concept artists who came up with the mood or original designs, yadda yadda.

CyReN

Would be cool to get an achievement for finding the Scarab Gun

Had it in H2V, very possible again.

-------
With the leaked video, not sure how I feel about how MM will be handled since I'll be playing a lot of CE/2.

Avak said:
So to sum the system up:

• You select the specific game you want to play if you want to.
  • You end up in a lobby in which multiple games can be voted for.
  • If the game you didn't want gets voted for you get kicked out and you search again.

Anyway they could just let me search Halo 2 and give me 3 Halo 2 map options? I understand that there's a lot of things running this but it seems like somewhat of an oversight. Or they are trying to avoid populations dying out quickly, but CE/4 players seem like the ones that will get hurt the most. Either way, glad we have customs if it comes down to it.

Just played Halo 4 for the first time in more than a year.

SWAT, TS & Big Team.

Experience was mostly positive, but this game is just missing "something". Decent Lockout remake was fun, always liked Haven, and snipers on Valhalla was a bit of a laugh (I'm terrible at Halo).

Can't say I had any problems with any mechanics, armour abilities, etc. Just missing that spark...

I am looking forward to play it at 60fps though.

Those guys with that magnum acuraccy that flag bag bagagada match, so intense.

Hood new look makes him be a lot taller than his previous Halo incarnations, next time he will be a warcraft boss size.

Top Bottom