• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

So to sum the system up:
You select the specific game you want to play if you want to.
You end up in a lobby in which multiple games can be voted for.
If the game you didn't want gets voted for you get kicked out and you search again.

Doesn't even make sense. If you had a party of three who selected to only play halo 4 and a group of randoms on the opposite team all vote for Halo 3, then they'd have to play 4v1... It'd take about 15 rounds of voting and booting to have all players of both sides agreeing on which game they want to play.

JonCha

So when Frank said the updated maps contained a "modified version" of Halo 2 gameplay, please tell me we're not getting armour abilities/new Halo 5 abilities/sprint or anything else?

Mistel

Banned
So when Frank said the updated maps contained a "modified version" of Halo 2 gameplay, please tell me we're not getting armour abilities/new Halo 5 abilities/sprint or anything else?
We're getting these instead which apparently aren't armor abilities.

This one is vault:
ibfgI8YD3riFev.gif

This one is called smash(?):
ibvYbKsoozc0ec.gif

We're getting these instead which apparently aren't armor abilities.

This one is vault:
ibfgI8YD3riFev.gif

This one is called smash(?):
ibvYbKsoozc0ec.gif

That's Halo 5. Halo 2 re-imagined maps run in a modified halo 2/halo 4 amalgamation. Basically H4 graphics with H2 gameplay.

Also, regarding Halo 5, the primary difference between armour abilities and Spartan abilities are that everybody can perform them, they're not loadout or player specific. This distinction is quite important.

Omni

So, who among us is going to be the first to 100% that 4K gamer score in the MCC?
Well I think I'll be able to 100% all the campaign achievements eventually. Inevitable COOP are the only ones that may take time

But no doubt there will be some ridiculous multiplayer ones that will be near impossible

Booshka

I wonder if doing the smash/slide movements will get you into third person, what do you guys think?

I'd hope not, but probably, I want to be in first person with gun at the ready as much as possible in Halo. Taking me to another perspective, or taking the gun out of my hand is not something I want to happen, pretty much at all. Give me all that mobility, and keep the gun in my hand so I can shoot people at the same time. Don't limit the skill gap by just making them abilities for movement, pairing that with shooting would do wonders for Halo 5's skill gap.

jem0208

I wonder if doing the smash/slide movements will get you into third person, what do you guys think?

I'd rather they didn't. I found it quite annoying in 4/Reach.

Haven't kept up with the thread but are these actually confirmed for Halo 5? Last I checked it was all just speculation that these would be abilities.

I don't think we're 100% certain slide will be in but we can be pretty sure the smash will be considering that clip is preluded by the words "All new Spartan Abilities"

Vico

Wait I'm confused.

Axis Animation
Digi Pictures
Blur

All three of these have done Halo stuff at the point. Digi Pictures and Axis Animation both did Halo 4 work.

A bit different, but let's not forget The Sequence Group who are probably doing the terminals in Halo 2 Anniversary.

Previous work: Halo CE Anniversary terminals, Halo 4 terminals, Halo 4 Librarian cutscene.

Takashi

I don't think we're 100% certain slide will be in but we can be pretty sure the smash will be considering that clip is preluded by the words "All new Spartan Abilities"

Oh I see what you mean, I just rewatched that clip. I'd only seen that footage once when it was first revealed at E3 and must've missed when the "Spartan Abilities" words came on screen. Hopefully these abilities don't hinder the ability to shoot too much.

Tawpgun

Smash move looks so cartoony. I'm not opposed to unrealistic shit in halo mp but eh.

Big fan of the slide though. Would be cool if it can be turned into a slide kick melee move also.

Sordid

http://i.imgur.com/rB2z6On.jpg[img]

Best spartan shame they NEVER got used. Frank put the armor in Halo 5 along with the Halo Wars armor, SPI, Marathon, MK V and MK VI.

Kthx[/QUOTE]

It'd get the 343 treatment before you saw it:

Commando helmet by Bungie

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-buS3kY9XxAc/TcbrJGrdkOI/AAAAAAAAAE0/gRoprpi5gFk/s0/commando_ua_fc_i2.jpg

Commando helmet by 343

Screen-Shot-2012-09-06-at-11.31.46-PM.png

:(

Hopefully Halo 5 armour looks more like Halo 3/Reach than Halo 4.

jem0208

Smash move looks so cartoony. I'm not opposed to unrealistic shit in halo mp but eh.

Big fan of the slide though. Would be cool if it can be turned into a slide kick melee move also.

I know, I've always felt Halo has been somewhat grounded in reality. Albeit in the future obviously. However the smash just doesn't seem right... what force are you creating by punching the ground, it'd only really work if you were moving at ridiculous speeds...

daedalius

Ground pound is awesome, that's all there is to it. So is the slide; and hopefully you can continue to shoot whilst sliding and or kick someone with it.

Defect

If the beta trailer is anything to go by, it looks like everyone has 3-4 armor abilities. Thruster, sprint, smash, slide (if you count this)

Everyone has it though so it's perfectly fine.

Takashi

Whats with the pastel/matte/dull look of those spartans in that clip? I was hoping Halo 5 would steer away from that and bad helmets too

willow ve

If the beta trailer is anything to go by, it looks like everyone has 3-4 armor abilities. Thruster, sprint, smash, slide (if you count this)

Everyone has it though so it's perfectly fine.
Everything better have a toggle. They should know by now that we should be able to turn shit off if it doesn't work. That and they can disable it easily in gametypes instead of title updates.

And if even a single frame of these new animations makes a player invincible or causes shots or explosions not to register then just scrap them now.

Frankie said something about the CGI trailer using in-game assets, does that mean the spartan models are pulled straight off the game? the models seem to be too high poly.

Edit: lens flare confirmed for H5?

Most of the helmets in Halo 4 looked bad and the ones in the Halo 5 beta trailer were no better. I think the problem is they try to make them overly complicated.

Top Bottom