• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Guardians: #huntthetruth

Somnia

Just showed advert for this on uk mainstream tv. Said story Continues tomorrow at 21:10. Bit early for adverts 27.10.15

MS and the Halo hype/marketing train is like no other in the industry. They will advertise this game majorly all the way from now up to release. Post E3 is when they'll really kick it into gear.

Akai__

Just showed advert for this on uk mainstream tv. Said story Continues tomorrow at 21:10. Bit early for adverts 27.10.15

I'm not sure if I understand?

What's happening tomorrow? It can't be a new Hunt The Truth audio thingy, because those drop on Sundays.

LordOfChaos

Plus, Palmer's 6'9", you'd think he would note that. :p

That reminds me, John 117 is supposed to be 6'10...One inch apart, so...

byhBr.jpg

I wonder if this will be addressed in future lore, or it's just a blooper, or some other explanation. He's 7'2" in the armour, but I'd imagine the SIVs would also get the same height boost from their own armour (I see 7'1 for Palmer on a quick google, minus a bit for the helmet being off).

EDIT: Dehehehehehe
thought_you__d_be_taller_meme_by_dustiniz117-d5ltk18.jpg

byhBr.jpg

I wonder if this will be addressed in future lore, or it's just a blooper, or some other explanation. He's 7'2" in the armour, but I'd imagine the SIVs would also get the same height boost from their own armour.

IIRC, that was done for effect. Coulda sworn Chief was 7'+ even outside of armor, though.

byhBr.jpg

I wonder if this will be addressed in future lore, or it's just a blooper, or some other explanation. He's 7'2" in the armour, but I'd imagine the SIVs would also get the same height boost from their own armour (I see 7'1 for Palmer on a quick google, minus a bit for the helmet being off).

I believe it's been confirmed that the scale there was just for artistic effect.

whipihguh

Banned
Was all the Spartan IIs wearing Master Chief's Halo 4 armor and the Elties wearing their Halo 4 armor also done for artistic effect? Cause I wasn't a fan.

Could've sworn I read an interview with Blur about it a while ago, but I can't find it now.

I know I saw it too (and since we both thought of it I don't believe we could have made it up haha) but I wasn't able to find it either. I swear either Stinkles posted it, or posted something in response to it or something and that's how I saw it, but search failed me.

So, a thought just came to mind. How exactly is Ben making phone calls to the people he is interviewing in seemingly real-time. I would assume that they are out of system because Ben seems like he lives close to Sol... But if that is the case, how is he getting real-time communication to Katarina, the ODST, the detainee or the retired soldier.

So, a thought just came to mind. How exactly is Ben making phone calls to the people he is interviewing in seemingly real-time. I would assume that they are out of system because Ben seems like he lives close to Sol... But if that is the case, how is he getting real-time communication to Katarina, the ODST, the detainee or the retired soldier.

According to Halopedia, the UNSC worked the kinks out of reliable FTL communications some time in 2552. Seems to be built on reverse-engineered Forerunner tech.

Oh shit, the new episode is up already

https://soundcloud.com/huntthetruth/episode-04-crossing-the-black
Rumors of discontent across the military and rumblings in the Outer Colonies are detected. A mandatory meeting at ONI branch headquarters takes an unexpected turn.

tumblr_nn2npeSoYi1uokpa1o1_1280.jpg

Mshak sent me this picture of some UNSC recruitment posters featuring the Master Chief, all tagged to hell. The relationship between Spartans and ODST has always been a little shaky, but this seems like something else entirely.

jem0208

This is seriously the best marketing campaign I have ever seen (or more accurately listened to).

I mean, I'd happily pay to listen to this, I'd willingly pay for what is essentially a string of adverts.

Bsigg12

I would love to see the ONI building talked about in this newest soundcloud show up in 5 or something that shows everything Ben described. It sounds crazy as hell.

I always knew ONI was bad, but this is 1000x worse than the NSA incident. lol

This is freaking awesome.

IKR? I think expounding on the "flagging conversations" thing is gonna get them some extra attention, since it ties in so closely to the current privacy stuff.

Sogood.gif

EDIT: Further in, the description of the anomalies seems to indicate that it's
definitely not the Flood. Unless it's another Keymind fucking with reality again.

EDIT2, Electric Poodleoo: Jesus, the description of the ONI campus sounds eerie as fuck. Very low-key, but very definite, villainy.

Great this week! Hate having to wait a week between stories but it makes the build up even better I suppose.

So well done as well.
So apparently Chief is off doing his own thing by this point, so obviously it takes place after the last time we saw him in the Escalation comics.

Top Bottom