• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

klaus

Anyone below SR 75 including mods should be booted IMO. Hard grinders only or bust :p

But what about us Lttp superduperhardcore grinders that have only started like yesterday, give or take a few weeks?
In all seriousness, if the activity policy is to be made stricter, I'd suggest having a weekly / monthly list of the SRs - this should give a good approximation of the effective playtime by measuring the delta..

Ramirez

Basically everyone in this thread who is active, and asked to be in the SC is in, no need for requirements or anything, heh.

BraXzy

Basically everyone in this thread who is active, and asked to be in the SC is in, no need for requirements or anything, heh.

In case someone didn't realise, I was joking.

So long as peeps are active, or cool. They're alright in my book :D

Akai__

Honestly most of the commendations seem very focused on WZ, I only brought up the unranked thing because I figure if you don't even care to play 10 matches in any 4v4 list you're probably not the most active player, lol.

I wasn't scared that I'd get kicked, if that's what you mean. I know that you wouldn't kick active players, even if they are only really active in Warzone. At least I hoped so. haha

The reason why I decided to play more Arena is that I finally found enough people to play with that are also similiar to my skill (and also speak the language that I'm most comfortable with). Today was really fun and that's what I need to keep playing something.

Ok I have to go thank you for the invitation Elzar it was fun but now I need to eat see you later guys also you should invite me to the party next time ;)

They were a great inside look. I looked forward to them like I would a highly anticipated TV show :3

Lets start a campaign on Twitter, that always works right? #BringBackThoseSprintsPlease343AndCanIh4zR3c0nTY

There will be another campaign #DontListenToBraXzy and
#ALLGLORYTOG0SU because i have to.

So, if I honestly want Achilles, I should leave the Spartan Company with my few good friends and instead join a mob of try-hards?

Thanks 343.

So, if I honestly want Achilles, I should leave the Spartan Company with my few good friends and instead join a mob of try-hards?

Thanks 343.

HaloGaf confirmed as Try-Hards.

ess6W8Q.gif

17b27cad32a0713048381872dc5bb91d.jpg

I'm pretty sure you have to be in it at the time it unlocks to receive it.

snip

Note that you have to be a member of the Company at the moment when the award is given to earn the goodies. So if you want it, you’ll need to join a Company that does not yet have the armor or helmet. No bandwagoning here. Stick with your crew.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/infinitys-armory-preview-2

giphy.gif

That said... could someone make room for me in HaloGaf? :)

Noone seems to want to join Team Frankie :( .... lol

BraXzy

Two or Three months seasons would be better fit. When it comes to placement matches, I feel it should be ten wins to get placed, not just play ten games. This would be a better way of judging a player's skill.

That's a good point 10 matches win or lose doesn't seem like enough. But the way they worded the "Did you have time to place in all of them" makes me feel like they're considering reducing not upping placement requirements.

So I usually save up and buy nothing but gold packs. Is this a good idea, or is it better to buy silver first? I keep reading that people are buying silvers instead. Do you get stuff in silevr you dont get with gold?

BraXzy

So I usually save up and buy nothing but gold packs. Is this a good idea, or is it better to buy silver first? I keep reading that people are buying silvers instead. Do you get stuff in silevr you dont get with gold?

The general idea is to work through each tier, starting with Bronze. It is the most efficient way to unlock stuff if you want a serious chance at the Mythic/Legendary stuff.

Open the packs till you get a partial REQ refund, that means you've got everything possible and you should move up.

Haruko

the idea is:

Silvers cost 5k, and guarantee 2 permanents (common thru rare)

It's more cost effective to unlock all of your Rares and lower this way, as 10,000 points spent on 2 silver packs gets you 4 permanents.

Otherwise you risk spending 10,000 on a single gold pack and only getting 2 rare permanents that you could've gotten for 5k.

(Buying Bronze before Silver until all of your Commons are unlocked is similar, since the odds of getting 1 common permanent unlock in a Bronze seem to be cost effective as well)

01DragonFly

Noone seems to want to join Team Frankie :( .... lol

we need to start promoting the Company
Everyone is welcome to "TEAM FRANKIE" Join us
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/team%20frankie

some info here
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/wiki/halo5faq
What's the best way to buy REQ packs? What order?

Short Version: Open Bronze until you start getting cards for 500RP, then open Silver until you get cards for 1500RP, then open Golds.

Long Version: First, let's look at a few things about the packs.
Pack Type Bronze Silver Gold
Cost 1,250 RP 5,000 RP 10,000 RP
Perm Unlocks Chance at One Two Two
Common Yes Yes
Uncommon Yes Yes
Rare Yes Yes
Ultra Rare Yes
Legendary Yes

If you're seeking to maximize your gains, you have two options.

Option 1:

Buy Silver packs until you unlock all Commons, Uncommons, and Rares. Then buy Gold packs until you get the remaining Ultra Rares and Legendaries. Buying the Silver packs before buying any Golds ensures that you're not spending twice as many points for a rare out of a Gold pack.

Option 2:

Buy Bronze packs until you get all Commons. You'll know to move on to Silver when you start getting cards that give you 500 RP. Then buy Silver packs until you unlock all Uncommons and Rares. Finally, buy Gold packs until you get the remaining Ultra Rares and Legendaries. Again, do all of one pack until you are done, to prevent spending more.

This method is a gamble. 5,000 RP gets you either 1 Silver pack, with a guaranteed 2 permanent unlocks, or 4 Bronze packs, each with a chance at 1 permanent unlock. If you think that 50% or more of the time, you'll get a permanent unlock from your Bronzes, you either break even or come out on top of the first option.

There are a few exceptions to this all; the Nadir emblem is a Rare that you receive from the last Bronze pack you buy before the 500 RP cards. There are 3 common loadout weapons (the ones with energy bayonets) that wont appear in Bronze packs, just Silvers. But just follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

The incredibly handsome and talented /u/Fenris447 created a spreadsheet that will help track all of this for you. All you have to do is put X's by the cards you've unlocked, and it will tell you how many of each pack to buy.

BraXzy

GGs folks, That was a very fun customs lobby!

I played a tonne of games I haven't tried before, I saved most of them but I think I missed one or two. The Splatoon-esque one was really cool.

Customs were great. Really liked Destruction Derby, Team Green got the moral victory.

I'm guessing the Splatoon one was the one you played after I left?

File browser is on the way, we aren't quite sure what form it'll take yet but fingers crossed.

Custom prefabs also "leaked" sort of, someone accidentally saw it in a menu. And they have now confirmed. So you can create a grouped object and save it as a prefab piece which is then sharable. So you make the coolest base ever and share it with others to quickly drop it into their map.

Good to know!

BraXzy

GGs everyone

Loved almost all of them, Nom Nom I am disappoint

but that Splatoon one was amazing

There was another one we played that was really cool... Avalanche.

I tried to make my own variation but it didn't go so well. Even when you set people's shields to 0 and health to 0 they still can sponge a hit by certain objects. Weird.

I liked Nom Nom, but I was just having fun pew pew'ing with my Plasma Caster.

the idea is:

Silvers cost 5k, and guarantee 2 permanents (common thru rare)

It's more cost effective to unlock all of your Rares and lower this way, as 10,000 points spent on 2 silver packs gets you 4 permanents.

Otherwise you risk spending 10,000 on a single gold pack and only getting 2 rare permanents that you could've gotten for 5k.

(Buying Bronze before Silver until all of your Commons are unlocked is similar, since the odds of getting 1 common permanent unlock in a Bronze seem to be cost effective as well)

Sigh. Too bad I didn't start doing that earlier. I'm level 63 now.

Tawpgun

Nom Nom would be fine it just needs deathless turned on. The caster should knock people around/off the track, not kill them

Top Bottom