• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Binaries on Collusieum a late April fools joke?

B0-MiHzCMAADysA.png

It's only on Assault.

EDIT: Fuck. I double posted again. I might be drunk

bchamba

It would be fucking fantastic if any random learned how to play this game.

Solo matching is fucking brutal.

I still don't get how I get matched with Platinums that don't put themselves in a position to get power weapons or powerups when they're coming up. The game literally tells you when most of that stuff is happening.

jadedm17

Spawn in front of guy (who also has the high ground)
Die
Spawn in front of guy, same spot

Fuck it. I'm done. This is the last Halo I buy. It's been fun but I'm out.

Got Tyrant on my third game. It was fun, definitely one of the best looking maps. The no autos on the map is nice, it really shows who can't aim lol.

Also went through HaloGAF and started adding people to my friends list, since you have to be friends for them to show (don't know what kind of sense that makes lol). Takes a while to add everyone though, so I'm not doing it all at once.

It would be fucking fantastic if any random learned how to play this game.

Solo matching is fucking brutal.

See it's always the one person on the team in my games who has apparently surgically removed his fingers and replaced them with sticks of butter.

Seriously when I'm getting game after game where we loose because one guy is one and 15 it really just makes me want to tear my hair out.

BraXzy

I can't wait to hear what the majority of the team is working on because it can't be these content packs and updates, right? I mean, how resource-intensive can it be to slap a skin on an existing weapon and turn some knobs to adjust weapon properties?

Surely they must be working on the next telenovela con Master Queso y Cortaña.

The majority of 343 will be working on Halo 6 by now I'd imagine. It'll come out in 2017/2018. That doesn't happen if everyone is all working on post-launch content for the prior game for almost a year

I always get the impression/vibe that the multiplayer team for post-launch is pretty small, like the Forge team. I could be totally wrong though.

Binaries are now on Coliseum...

Wait.. Please tell me those leaked changes haven't all actually happened?

Strider

I can not stress enough how much more I like these BTB maps with pistols starts.

Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaase make BTB pistol starts. Vehicles are more useful and there is so much more movement around the map since people don't have to worry about being shot across the map as much.

It fucking confounds me how multiteam is teams of 3 on BTB maps instead of teams of 2 on arena maps. What a waste.

Holy fuck it's bad. Multiteam used to be my favorite playlist in Halo 3. Making teams 3v3 in BTB just makes it a race to get snipers with no way to combat them. Absolutely fucking horrible.

Holy shit can 343 just start banning ranked match quitters for entire seasons already? I'm so fucking sick of half the matches I play being uncompetitive because of a quitter on my team. This is a real problem that hasn't been addressed at all.

Second clip is play of the week material.

What does "You can ping yourself to your teammates with the up D-pad." mean??

I'm guessing something similar to H4 promethean vision pings and radar bleeps.

Also very fine work to 343 on the effort behind your release notes for this update. Great to see such a checklist of resolved issues. Really looking forward to the new maps, modes & FF beta!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Second clip is play of the week material.

I'm guessing something similar to H4 promethean vision pings and radar bleeps.

Also very fine work to 343 on the effort behind your release notes for this update. Great to see such a checklist of resolved issues. Really looking forward to the new maps, modes & FF beta!

Many hours are spent putting together those patch notes, and wayyyyyyy more in the work that goes into delivering these features/updates/fixes. Super lucky to be on a team full of rock stars.

Many hours are spent putting together those patch notes, and wayyyyyyy more in the work that goes into delivering these features/updates/fixes. Super lucky to be on a team full of rock stars.

We lovee youussss allllllllll.

How many people are working on halo 5 multiplayer content?

so i know how many cheeseburgers to order :p

Played swat for the first time this month to get some of the rust off and didn't do as bad as I thought.
With the new reqs that came out are there any common ones or is it uncommon and above?

blamite

Played swat for the first time this month to get some of the rust off and didn't do as bad as I thought.
With the new reqs that came out are there any common ones or is it uncommon and above?

I think there's exactly one common. It's up to you if it's worth getting is from a silver or maybe going through a bronze or two for it.

I think there's exactly one common. It's up to you if it's worth getting is from a silver or maybe going through a bronze or two for it.

was about to go for silver but did two bronze and got it. Happy days I'm done with bronze again.
Also anybody having an issues where the game boots you and keeps you stuck on the playlist picture? Did it to me in the middle of a warzone assault.

BraXzy

Page 395?

23vAjYF.gif

Almost laughed. Saw the page number. Shaked my head in disappointment.

Got room for one more?

And tickets for a flight?
And maybe a spare cupboard I can sleep in?

I've an inkling into how much work that takes behind the scenes. This model was the right choice, so much better as free DLC and REQs with patch updates.

BraXzy

I've an inkling into how much work that takes behind the scenes. This model was the right choice, so much better as free DLC and REQs with patch updates.

I wonder how well overall REQs are doing vs traditional season passes/DLC revenue-wise.

We kinda got an idea of it from the prize pool increase for HCS but that was for a set time frame and stuff.

EYEL1NER

I know I hate it when it happens to me but man that felt good. I just had a fun match in A.R.C. (only got three kills but I didn't die at all, the kills were in defense of the garage that I capped and held, and I got two boss kills and a legendary boss kill, so I was just happy I stayed alive the whole time and scored some points). I was sitting in second floor garage looking out an entrance into red tunnel with my classic BR. I notice a swarm of enemy moving towards the center of the tunnel and then see that they are massing an attack on a Knight. For fun I fire off a burst at the Knight and BOOM! It dies and I score the kill and the points. It was enjoyable.

I wonder how well overall REQs are doing vs traditional season passes/DLC revenue-wise.

We kinda got an idea of it from the prize pool increase for HCS but that was for a set time frame and stuff.

It does make you wonder. I think there is more than just the direct dollar value too. The new free DLC/paid REQs keeps players coming back with consistent fresh content. Oh infection now, cool I'll play some more. Chatting to mate, oh firefight is coming back so I'll jump on too. New BTB maps...etc.

I forget where but there was an article a while back about games become a service, Halo/343 are already there. It's a welcome change to be out in front and executing so well.

npa189

Spawn in front of guy (who also has the high ground)
Die
Spawn in front of guy, same spot

Fuck it. I'm done. This is the last Halo I buy. It's been fun but I'm out.

Yeah, the amount of pure bullshit I die from is infuriating and it makes me feel like I was never good at halo (which is not the case) I keep trying to like this game but I just don't recognize it. It's just not my halo.

Top Bottom