• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Akai__

Rig
sick.gif

FTFY. That map is worse than Complex or Uncaged.

BraXzy

That's odd. Didn't 343 say all pre-order stuff is available from REQs?

Guess it might be a level gated req pack

It is. It's just ultra rare emblem.

Is it definitely attainable through REQ packs? I assume it is since Locke's helmet is and that was a preorder thing. But I'm pretty close to finishing all of my Ultra Rare's and I am 99% sure I've never seen that pop up. It must be one of the last I'm missing.

I just got this and my god, it's a blast to play

It's the greatest.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
You need to select a 343 gametype, make your teams and then change it to the custom gametype you. It won't show up as selected but you'll have it ingame. It's a bug

Awesome! It was this, but it only would change once I selected the corresponding 343 gametype that the custom gametype is based on. So, for instance, it wouldn't switch when I chose 343 slayer but it would once I chose 343 breakout or 343 strongholds (since the Duck Hunt gametype in Halo 5 is based on breakout and the Team Sumo one is based on strongholds).

That actually makes it show up in game anyway.

m23

I'm not going to bother posting a separate thread. If we keep it here, only the HaloGAF hardcore should be in it really. I'm saying this now - no SWAT triple kills. I did it for the sake of it being a community montage, but I'm going full diva and demanding serious QUALITY from you fine folk.

There goes any chance of me making it in :(

Madness

Is it definitely attainable through REQ packs? I assume it is since Locke's helmet is and that was a preorder thing. But I'm pretty close to finishing all of my Ultra Rare's and I am 99% sure I've never seen that pop up. It must be one of the last I'm missing.

It's the greatest.

Yeah, everything is attainable through the REQ system so far. I think the Achilles might be the first thing that is only through commendations but who knows. I know others who are only buying gold packs and have maxed all common, uncommon, rare, have gotten things like the rampant visor, Locke helmet, so I don't think the emblems any different. There is just so many of them, which is why you probably haven't gotten it yet.

link1201

I hate having a match against a full team in WZ not so much because I lose but more so because I don't get that many req points and the game isn't that fun. I just lost a WZ assault game in amount a minute. I was playing against a full team all in the same SC. :/
I wish they'd flip the switch and add the skill MM behind the scenes in WZ so that these guys would play against each other.

Akai__

Did you just buy that after our session? Well, that is actually a good compensation for all the losses we had. lol

Whoa, now, let's not go crazy.

I'm dead serious. I absolutely hate that map.

Oh yeah GG's. Sorry I jumped, but I had a MCC achievement session to get to (and then it turned out the leader didn't show.)

GG's and no worries. :)

Fuchsdh

Did you just buy that after our session? Well, that is actually a good compensation for all the losses we had. lol

Oh yeah GG's. Sorry I jumped, but I had a MCC achievement session to get to (and then it turned out the leader didn't show.)

Strider

I hate having a match against a full team in WZ not so much because I lose but more so because I don't get that many req points and the game isn't that fun. I just lost a WZ assault game in amount a minute. I was playing against a full team all in the same SC. :/
I wish they'd flip the switch and add the skill MM behind the scenes in WZ so that these guys would play against each other.

Skill based MM or not you can still be matched up against parties. It happesn in Arena all the time.

That's a completely different problem.

E92 M3

Allegiance reminds me of a mysterious recurring villain that protagonist doesn't know much about and can't ever beat lo

EG choked on that one they definitely should of won. Score was 31-22 at one point

Yeah, they get way too hyped. They could have played it slow and force mistakes.

link1201

Skill based MM or not you can still be matched up against parties. It happesn in Arena all the time.

That's a completely different problem.

Not really, when you're sitting in the middle of the bell curve. I hardly ever run against party's in arena. They will usually rise to the top. I play solo 99% of the time and love playing against players at my skill level, In WZ this doesn't happen all the time. I don't want to play against player that have a 98% win ratio in WZ. I want to play with those with a 50% or so win ratio like me. I admit it's not a huge issue but when it occurs it's lame.

Just reading up on Optic Gaming's match. How did they not get a rematch when one of their players lagged out? Just curious since I don't know the rules. Either way, how awful is that after everything else Flamesword was dealing with?

Saw this on reddit
Fbg0nEp.png

Ramirez

I'm pretty sure skill MM IS on in WZ. Watching Jem's clip of guys just standing around in the core room while he poops on all of them, I never get people that oblivious in WZ.

link1201

I'm pretty sure skill MM IS on in WZ. Watching Jem's clip of guys just standing around in the core room while he poops on all of him, I never get people that oblivious in WZ.

I wish but I have my doubts. If it were I shouldn't be matched up with someone who has lost 45 WZ matches out of 2,700 who is rolling with a full team all in the same SC. I remember they said something about matching based on Req cards but I'm not sure that's feasible.

Here is the game in I'm referencing. The whole enemy team was in the same SC save one guy with a crazy win/loss ratio.
Just a little pet peeve of mine.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...oryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
EDIT:
Here is a game that I would like to see more of as opposed to the game above. Everyone on both sides did as well or as poorly as everyone else. I saw Wraiths, Tanks, Rockets, Saws, etc. and the game lasted awhile and was a lot of fun.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...atchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Warzone

Loved snakebites style in that rig match.

Allegience is a team id be so frustrated to play. Their team shotting is on que or atleast thr clean up is squeky like mr clean.

I'm not going to bother posting a separate thread. If we keep it here, only the HaloGAF hardcore should be in it really. I'm saying this now - no SWAT triple kills. I did it for the sake of it being a community montage, but I'm going full diva and demanding serious QUALITY from you fine folk.

RIP my clips. But it makes sense, really. Makes for a more consistent montage.

klaus

I'm pretty sure skill MM IS on in WZ. Watching Jem's clip of guys just standing around in the core room while he poops on all of them, I never get people that oblivious in WZ.

I somehow have the feeling it is based on SR - would make sense if he used a fresh account, thereby only playing noobs..

jem0208

I somehow have the feeling it is based on SR - would make sense if he used a fresh account, thereby only playing noobs..

I'm SR 53...

I'm pretty sure the skill matching is extremely lenient, you get matches very quickly in Warzone even though its 24 players.

Strider

Royal2 lags out for DQ... Just embarrassing this happens on a tournament.

Yep. For custom games there should be a way for the host to pause and a way for players to reconnect.

Also the casters should be able to join the lobby before the game starts and be watching live right along with the match instead of having to go in after the game is underway. They could even be the host in that situation and pause it for the teams if necessary.

Yeah they should tighten up how they broadcast. joining a match when itz 2 mins in is a little jarring. If i didnt know how the spectator mode worked in halo 5 i would call them sloppy.

Also is walshy always broadcasting from home? Any reason why?

Yeah they should tighten up how they broadcast. joining a match when itz 2 mins in is a little jarring. If i didnt know how the spectator mode worked in halo 5 i would call them sloppy.

Also is walshy always broadcasting from home? Any reason why?
I was wondering the same thing. He could at least make his place look slightly more contemporary and professional than a 1950's tv scene of Leave It To Beaver. That couch lol...

Top Bottom