• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

BraXzy

Royal2 lags out for DQ... Just embarrassing this happens on a tournament.

Wow really? I'd noticed people were lagging a bit in quite a few games. Sucks that it results in a straight up DQ. They really should have thought about admin pause powers or something for customs.

Did that lose them the series/advantage?

Madness

Wow really? I'd noticed people were lagging a bit in quite a few games. Sucks that it results in a straight up DQ. They really should have thought about admin pause powers or something for customs.

Did that lose them the series/advantage?

No it was only second match so it became 1-1 series. Rules say the other team can take the win or agree to a rematch, but Allegiance took the win. 3rd match was Strongholds Eden, which Allegiance was dominating early, but CLG just did an insane comeback and won.

BraXzy

No it was only second match so it became 1-1 series. Rules say the other team can take the win or agree to a rematch, but Allegiance took the win. 3rd match was Strongholds Eden, which Allegiance was dominating early, but CLG just did an insane comeback and won.

I mean, I guess it doesn't hurt to have that rule but damn, no one would agree to a rematch when there's an easy win available in something as important as this :3

I'm tuning back into the stream, sounds like I'm missing some goodness!

Madness

I mean, I guess it doesn't hurt to have that rule but damn, no one would agree to a rematch when there's an easy win available in something as important as this :3

I'm tuning back into the stream, sounds like I'm missing some goodness!

Agree, I mean I heard first place gets you a $1000 which isn't a small sum, so I can't blame them for taking the win.

But as a fan, it sucks because these are the top teams, in a best of 5, it's one whole match gone. So we miss out on watching a close Slayer on Plaza and yet have to watch a breakout match that ends so quick as the 4th match, which just had one round as a tie because they didn't want to risk dying.

Kibbles

I couldn't be on a team with my shitty ATT U-Verse cutting off all the time. :| Google Fiber needs to save Milwaukee

BraXzy

Halo currently has 10k viewers total on Twitch. #WeBack. #WeUsuallyHave50Total

Agree, I mean I heard first place gets you a $1000 which isn't a small sum, so I can't blame them for taking the win.

Doesn't each teams performance in this potentially affect their seeding for the main event? I get confused over it all.

jem0208

Doesn't each teams performance in this potentially affect their seeding for the main event? I get confused over it all.
It does affect seeds but the difference in points between AE and CLG is too big for this individual series to make a difference.

Strider

There was a lot more during the quarterfinals and semi-finals actually. People wanted to see those drama filled matchups I guess

--

What does one have to do to guarantee themselves the H2BR when the reqs come out. 343 pls

Thought you were real sneaky huh? #togglecrouch

g16vueG.gif

There was a lot more during the quarterfinals and semi-finals actually. People wanted to see those drama filled matchups I guess

--

What does one have to do to guarantee themselves the H2BR when the reqs come out. 343 pls

A guaranteed req pack like the HCS one please!

Thank goodness CLG won after that garbage AE pulled with not replaying after a lag out in a 10-9 game. And please 343 remove breakout from HCS. It's no fun watching people hide when it's 1v1 and just hope for random nade kills.

BraXzy

A guaranteed req pack like the HCS one please!

I was thinking before it's about time for a new guaranteed REQ pack. It'd make sense for a new cool one to launch alongside the main event. Or at the finals or something, advertise it on the stream and stuff.

The REQ addiction is real.

Madness

Thank goodness CLG won after that garbage AE pulled with not replaying after a lag out in a 10-9 game. And please 343 remove breakout from HCS. It's no fun watching people hide when it's 1v1 and just hope for random nade kills.

At one point, they even showed eL Town run away to the other side of the map and hide to run out the time because he didn't want to be killed by someone with camo. So many ties and the last 30 seconds were both players just hiding against walls. Not fun to watch.

BraXzy

Yeah man. They did it.

Damn, and even with a DQ. CLG the ones to beat now?

It's gonna be interesting as hell seeing how all these teams hold up at the "LAN" event playing alongside each other with the extra pressure and stuff.

It's no fun watching people hide when it's 1v1 and just hope for random nade kills.

Yeah there were a tonne of moments when it just got real boring with stalemates. It's unfortunate but when there's something serious on the line, people have 0 reason to risk peaking/looking for the other guy.

Welfare

I was thinking before it's about time for a new guaranteed REQ pack. It'd make sense for a new cool one to launch alongside the main event. Or at the finals or something, advertise it on the stream and stuff.

The REQ addiction is real.

Two REQ packs for the Finals. One pack for both teams and it contains the team's emblem and special skins for said team. Show support during the finals.

Yeah... Breakout has become reallly boring to watch. That 1v1 hideout shit 3 times -_- ...

These guys know how to maneuver so well on the maps. Id fall off so many times yelling

PLZ UNDERSTAND!!

Damn, and even with a DQ. CLG the ones to beat now?

It's gonna be interesting as hell seeing how all these teams hold up at the "LAN" event playing alongside each other with the extra pressure and stuff.

Yeah there were a tonne of moments when it just got real boring with stalemates. It's unfortunate but when there's something serious on the line, people have 0 reason to risk peaking/looking for the other guy.
When is the LAN event?

Thanks, that's what I assumed, but can never be sure with these dates.

I was asking about matchmaking. Thanks for the link though :) Get my tourney dates in order.

You're welcome ;) while we are on the topic do we know what we will get in the season 1 rewards?

BraXzy

Top Bottom