• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 6 won't be at E3 but 343 has a "little" something to show

Replaces all of the enemies in the campaign with Warden Eternal.

Good lord, only thinking about that gives me the shivers. Motherfuck those assholes in Halo 5. They ruined a big part of that campaign for me. Of course this wasn't the only thing wrong with it, but a big part.

mas8705

Pardon if I'm not holding my breath on this to deliver. Unless if they are going to shock us with a new IP, it does feel like the only other conclusion would be to give another remaster to a classic Halo game.

I can't imagine Halo Wars 2 DLC being a "special surprise"

pieface

I guess this means that halo 6 won't have a 2018 release?

From memory they usually show a cgi trailer the year before.

psyfi

Banned
Fall 2018.
I'm cool with that. I'd be totally happy hopping back into Halo 5 with the Scorpio if the population, net code, and playlist management weren't so bad.

I guess this means that halo 6 won't have a 2018 release?

From memory they usually show a cgi trailer the year before.
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. They might just be conducting the hype train differently this time.

Gestault

Pardon if I'm not holding my breath on this to deliver. Unless if they are going to shock us with a new IP, it does feel like the only other conclusion would be to give another remaster to a classic Halo game.

Did they use the words special surprise?

Edit [From the Reddit post]:
"I'll slip into my Dreamcrusher persona for a minute in the name of realistic expectations: We've said this already but we'll have a little something at E3 but it's not related to the next major entry in the franchise."

blakep267

He didn't say special surprise. He said "a little something". That's halo wars dlc or halo 5 map and Scorpio updates. That counts as little

93xfan

Banned
Years of secretly working on MCC and fixing every problem it hasand making it free to boost the population and adding in custom games search. It could be a Games with Gold.

That'd be what I want.

My dreams aside, I wonder if it will be some Halo 3 maps coming to Halo 5.

Theorry

Halo 3 is stale as hell compared to Halo 5 and I don't want 343 bothering with it, honestly. I just want Halo 6 or something that breathes new life into Halo 5.

Yeah its a typical thing people want because of nostalgic feeling etc. But when it it finally arrives people will be shocked it didnt age well.

KDC720

Halo 3 is one of my favorite games ever but I'm not sure I want a remaster just yet.

I kinda hope its another Reach or ODST like side story.

rrc1594

Yeah its a typical thing people want because of nostalgic feeling etc. But when it it finally arrives people will be shocked it didnt age well.

H3 in MCC shows it. The only thing I miss from H3 is the maps. Actually, I take it back give me H3A just for BTB. Capture the flag on Sandtrap in GOAT Halo.

mcrommert

Banned
Who is Jez?

aa4.jpg

Years of secretly working on MCC and fixing every problem it hasand making it free to boost the population and adding in custom games search. It could be a Games with Gold.

That'd be what I want.
TMCC not having a Customs Browser is a damn shame.

zeexlash

Pleased to hear they're not announcing Halo 6 this year, to be quite honest.

Halo 3 Anniversary sounds like a given and it would be a shame if they didn't make it after doing Combat Evolved and Halo 2.

It'll be Halo Wars 2 DLC and/or Halo 5 Scorpio. H3A is not happening. Hopefully they take their time with Halo 6, the whole feature set needs to be there at launch. Campaign needs a massive improvement from 5. They can't afford to screw up again.

H3 in MCC shows it. The only thing I miss from H3 is the maps. Actually, I take it back give me H3A just for BTB. Capture the flag on Sandtrap in GOAT Halo.
Sandtrap was garbage especially for CTF where one base had a clear defensive advantage. Avalanche and Longshore are the only H3 BTB maps worth the salt

Andodalf

Banned
Expecting Info on the Last H5 content update, which I expect to be HW2 themed, with the introduction of the brute weapons already in the games files.

Top Bottom