• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 6 won't be at E3 but 343 has a "little" something to show

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
They've already said Halo 3 Anniversary is not happening.

We already got a 60fps 1080p version.

The XBO can't handle much more of an upgrade over top of that. Even Halo 2A while fantastic looking and well done, couldnt reach 1080p on XBO.

There are no Scorpio exclusive games.

So I don't see H3A happening.

nillapuddin

I love Halo, havent played H5 this calendar year pretty much though

I also love how a basically nothing comment still gets 6 pages in a few hours, Halo hype is best hype.

There's only one way that 343 could ever get me excited for Halo by showing a 'little something' -

if that 'little something' is one second of pre-alpha footage of

two players playing on one goddamn system

Akai__

There's only one way that 343 could ever get me excited for Halo by showing a 'little something' -

if that 'little something' is one second of pre-alpha footage of

two players playing on one goddamn system

Going forward, every Halo FPS game will ship with splitscreen. That was announced a couple weeks ago.

Yu Furealdo

Not that I think they'll actually do it, but you guys are correct that the right thing to do would be for them to fix the MCC and put it on PC as well. Having a broken collection is just ridiculously bad for the franchise.

It wasn't unplayable the last time I tried the mp, but they need to make a big patch and sort of reintroduce the games again. The MCC just has so much potential. ;_; won't get my hopes up tho

Isurus

I'm expecting Halo 5 to be updated with 4K resolution and higher resolution textures, as well as DLC for Halo Wars 2. Other than that, I don't expect anything.

Izayoi

Banned
OG TRILOGY ON STEAM

HHYYYYPPEEEEEE

"We know how fucked up MCC is, so here it is redone for Xbone and PC, thank you and good night"
Seriously - you want a way to restore goodwill with fans, this is it.

I would cry tears of pure, unadulterated joy.

Am i the only one thats baffled by the fact that Halo is on a 3 year development cycle when games like Call of Duty, Battlefield, and even Titanfall come out every other year. Hell Dice turns out a game every year if you count the Battlefront series. The CoD franchise i guess is now on a 3 cycle as of recently. But for what you get out of Halo for every 3 years seems in line or in my opinion below of what those games deliver in a shorter amount of time. I just thought this would have been the year for them to close off that Halo trilogy, and would have been a nice cherry on top for the scorpio launch.

rhandino

Banned
Am i the only one thats baffled by the fact that Halo is on a 3 year development cycle when games like Call of Duty, Battlefield, and even Titanfall come out every other year. Hell Dice turns out a game every year if you count the Battlefront series. The CoD franchise i guess is now on a 3 cycle as of recently. But for what you get out of Halo for every 3 years seems in line or in my opinion below of what those games deliver in a shorter amount of time. I just thought this would have been the year for them to close off that Halo trilogy, and would have been a nice cherry on top for the scorpio launch.

Well, Activision has a rotation of 3 studios doing Call of Duty games (along with some studios that only serve to support them) so while you receive a yearly game they actually were in production for a longer time.

That was also the reason you got Assassin's Creed games yearly for a while

Well, Activision has a rotation of 3 studios doing Call of Duty games (along with some studios that only serve to support them) so while you receive a yearly game they actually were in production for a longer time.

That was also the reason you got Assassin's Creed games yearly for a while

I understand. CoD was for a ling time through on a every other year release, and was doing quite incredible with its releases with in its time frame. Though they have allot of support teams such as Raven and the now defunct Neversoft. But it still seems crazy those developers can do with those franchises that are annual, but Halo is this big build up of hype and 3 years in between. I feel like Halo would benefit if they had some sort of spin off from a different developer to try new things in the off years. Halo Wars isn't quite what the fans/general population want. I know i sound inconsiderate but Halo just isnt that special anymore. They need to either go all in and release more Halo games, or give the series a break for some time.

They've already said Halo 3 Anniversary is not happening.

We already got a 60fps 1080p version.

The XBO can't handle much more of an upgrade over top of that. Even Halo 2A while fantastic looking and well done, couldnt reach 1080p on XBO.

There are no Scorpio exclusive games.

So I don't see H3A happening.

It's 10 years since Halo 3.

Of course there will be a H3A.

I'll trade it for a pc version of MCC anyway (and maybe Reach and firefight back in).

Defect

No H3A is a missed opportunity. It would sell so many fucking copies and it would be the first time Halo 3 is on PC which, you know is asked for all the time. Plus with Scorpio coming and Halo popularity on the decline, I feel like this would bring back people.

If the game worked of course :p

wwm0nkey

So here are things that will probably happen:

Halo Wars 2 DLC - The story didn't really "end" yet

Halo 5 Brute expansion - there are brute weapon files in Halo 5 and you can access some of them via modding, they are currently just skinned human weapons as of 2 months ago. This will probably be the last content for Halo 5 and might have some improvements for Scorpio?

Wishful thinking / not gonna happen:

MCC PC - Not out of the realm of possibility as references to MCC were found on the Halo app, but plans for that were probably canned a long time ago

Halo 3 Anniversary: It has been stated by 343i a few times and by Frankie that Halo 3 Anniversary would offer diminishing returns compared to the Halo 1 and Halo 2 remakes.

Halo 6 - They are waiting on this one and I personally think that is for the best.

Crazy things that should happen but wont:

H3A is an update for MCC - MCC receives a free huge patch with H3A that also fixes matchmaking and releases on Windows 10 as well.

blakep267

Halo 3 content for 5

-Warzone/ assault/firefight maps made from sandtrap and Valhalla
- brute weapons, brute chopper and any other halo 3 weapons for warzone

Arena
- choice halo 3 maps remade for 5. No forge templates
- halo 3 armors. Hayabusa etc

Then halo 5 gets the Scorpio upgrade. Better textures and 4K resolution

This will be halo 5s last hurrah while in game pass

atr0cious

Willing to bet this ties into the inevitable VR portion of the Scorpio unveiling. Get ready for 10 minutes of a master chief "~experience~".

Top Bottom