• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB1981

Only if it can be toggled off as a matchmaking option for players who don't want to ever be forced into a game where they have absolutely zero chance of winning.

If you have bad teammates who quit early then you have zero chance of winning as well. I prefer players be able to join

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
So not even on the X1 SpOps will be playable for me over LIVe, that's pretty lame :(

Where did you get this from? They have dedicated servers for all 4 games multiplayer but they cheap out for extra servers for Spec Op and campaign matches?. Please someone tell me this is not true.

THEF3AR

If you have bad teammates who quit early then you have zero chance of winning as well. I prefer players be able to join

Not to be an ass, but that is not always the case. Games like swat and snipers you have a lot better chance if you have decent skills.

cluto

So long as bumper jumper is one of the mentioned universal control schemes. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it still seems ambiguous reading in the bulletin response. 99.9% it will be but if it didn't make it in for H2 original I'd be very reluctant to relearn default for one game. CEA had BJ so I'm assuming CE multi will have it.

What would a universal bumper jumper control scheme even look like? Considering all the different mechanics and button bindings among the four games (equipment, armor abilities, dual wielding, reload left weapon, reload right weapon, etc.), I imagine it would get a little messy when trying to figure out something universal. Never used bumper jumper before, but I'd use something with these bindings if it was an option:

RT: fire weapon
RB: melee
LT: throw grenade
LB: jump

Having the four most important combat actions up top would be pretty convenient. Besides that, I'm not sure what the best solution is for the rest of the bindings.

This isn't a thing

1395890039508.png

StillEdge

Yeah, I've always "clawed" the controller. I don't even know how it started just one day playing Halo 2 with my friends they look at my hands and ask me why I'm playing weird. Then I look at all of their hands and realize I am playing differently. Shattered everything I knew.

RdN

I tried asking on Way point about dedicated servers for Campaign and Spartan Ops, but they ignored. A lot of people have been asking about this, specially since Halo coop always suffered a lot from lag.

Unfortunately, I'm taking the lack of response as a bad sign.

I tried asking on Way point about dedicated servers for Campaign and Spartan Ops, but they ignored. A lot of people have been asking about this, specially since Halo coop always suffered a lot from lag.

They might not have the details nailed down so they will stay quiet until they can tell us for sure.

Completely impractical.

Except lots and lots of people play like that. I have a friend who has played like that for his entire life and he thought it was the normal way to play until I pointed it out. Going from "normal" to claw can cause some pain and cramps but after a week or two it feels normal.

J10

Banned
Except lots and lots of people play like that. I have a friend who has played like that for his entire life and he thought it was the normal way to play until I pointed it out. Going from "normal" to claw can cause some pain and cramps but after a week or two it feels normal.

Alternately, holding it normally and using Bumper Jumper doesn't lead to any cramps or pain. Clawing to reload using BJ makes zero sense; you'll reload once, maybe twice per enemy encounter and it's not something you do while aiming.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Terminals. Are they going to still require Waypoint for 4?
Is Waypoint being developed for Xbox One?

before they make WayPoint app for Xbox One. They need to fix the current one first. Every time I log into it, it shows me Halo 4 stats. Halo Reach on side. Can't find any other games. On my phone, it only show Halo Reach stats ONLY. On website I can see stats by games so that's good. So in short both Phone and Xbox 360 app is a mess.

Chitown B

I've never had a problem bouncing from Halo to BF3 to CoD.

Now, going from Halo 3/Reach to Halo 2 on XBC, that's a whole different story.

Man, I still hate hearing this rhetoric.

If you were good enough, you would have ranked up.

I've played 3500+ ranked games, at least 2900 of which were on dial-up where a 2 red bar connection with less than a minute in black screen was considered a good host and managed to get around lvl 40-44 in most playlists eventually getting that force colonel. Yup, them 3 stars and butter bars. When I finally was able to get a better connection (only a 3G connection but infinitely better than dial-up) and made some new friends, it didn't even take 50 games of Team Slayer or dubs to get to 50 without any form of boosting.

In 99.9% of cases, claims of "rank lock" were completely bogus. The only real case was a European team who played something like 200+ games of team slayer winning every single one and only getting up to level 16 or 19 or something to that effect.

I rarely ever played ranked, which was the only way to level up the main levels.

I guarantee you, I'd win 5 games in a row and not rank up, even being MVP. Then I'd lose one and rank down.

Alternately, holding it normally and using Bumper Jumper doesn't lead to any cramps or pain. Clawing to reload using BJ makes zero sense; you'll reload once, maybe twice per enemy encounter and it's not something you do while aiming.
Why not? You're constantly looking while playing, regardless of the current action.

J10

Banned
Why not? You're constantly looking while playing, regardless of the current action.

I just meant like you don't really lose anything extra if you stop aiming to reload since you can't shoot anyway. It's not as severe a disadvantage as not being able to jump and aim. You can already jump and aim and strafe and shoot and melee with BJ - clawing for a split second button tap to reload seems really trivial in comparison.

While playing claw you never have to take your finger off of the thumb stick, but while playing normal with bumper jumper you still do.

HELL YES. Claw Gears of War is the best Gears. Never having to take your finger off the right stick + mashing a = wallbouncing supreme.

I can't hold a controller unless I claw it. It just happened the first time I picked one up.
The next Gears should have some sort of Bumper Jumper styled control scheme. Reload and TAC/Com have never been worthy of bumper real estate.

original.gif

I've known nobody that has ever even thought to use a controller like that.

FyreWulff

They never answered this question leading up to Halo 4's release either

qTWfho6.jpg

09BAiYul.jpg

original.gif

I've known nobody that has ever even thought to use a controller like that.

I find it hilarious that people are having a hard time accepting that claw is a thing. I wouldn't be surprised if a few people you know online play claw and you didn't even know.
Also claw is pretty common in MLG and other competitive scenes for console FPS.
DSC_3906.JPG

Booshka

I only claw in rare situations for FPS games, I don't like what it does to my Thumb ergonomically. I just don't aim as well while clawing, so I use it very sparingly. I do claw a shit ton in Souls games though, use it to free aim my camera while running, and rolling, but usually go back to normal grip when in combat.

I never got comfortable with claw, and I play pretty damn well without it. I feel that there should be key bindings though, so you can customize your control for every input.

I only claw in rare situations for FPS games, I don't like what it does to my Thumb ergonomically. I just don't aim as well while clawing, so I use it very sparingly. I do claw a shit ton in Souls games though, use it to free aim my camera while running, and rolling, but usually go back to normal grip when in combat.

I never got comfortable with claw, and I play pretty damn well without it. I feel that there should be key bindings though, so you can customize your control for every input.

That's mainly a practice thing, you have to practice claw to do it well.
Also kinda off topic but I actually claw in some games on Wii U, which is kinda funny.
Also my friend double claws on PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom