• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: MCC Multiplayer "1th" patch "fix" live!

Peterpan

Hope this is a lesson to 343 industries and Microsoft, stop outsourcing Halo for goodness sake. Let 343 do it period, 343 might make questionable design decisions, but they very talented and make mostly polished games. Don't outsource Forge or maps to Certain Affinity again, that is all I ask. Also no more outsourcing games to Ruffian or Saber Interactive for goodness sake, do it in house.

Kssio_Aug

Now Im constantly getting "downloading the most recent data". Wtf! Lol

There are no limits for this game problems! Unbelievable... How this game passed through quality assurance is beyond my imagination.

Im getting sick of this already. My hopes are unexistent now...

I can find matches, when I reach the playlist with no problems. But this is bugged as hell!

Hope this is a lesson to 343 industries and Microsoft, stop outsourcing Halo for goodness sake. Let 343 do it period, 343 might make questionable design decisions, but they very talented and make mostly polished games. Don't outsource Forge or maps to Certain Affinity again, that is all I ask. Also no more outsourcing games to Ruffian or Saber Interactive for goodness sake, do it in house.

Certain affinity has made plenty of good maps for other games (without breaking the game), I don't think they're the problem with this package.

Sephzilla

But Certain Affinity made H2A multiplayer and it's maybe the best part of MCC

This has gone beyond simply "Were they just caught off guard/unprepared?" to all out "Did they do ANY kind of q/a on this thing before going gold?" When multiplayer is the cornerstone on which the franchise is built how can you possibly ship it in a state that is THIS bad? MS must have been desperate to ship it in time for the holidays if they were willing to push this turd past cert.

Found a match instantly and played my first 5 on 5 and it was amazing but now it's saying "downloading the latest matchmaking data"

Andy Dudynsky ‏@Brav 3h3 hours ago
Playlists are currently set at 10 max, but we'll be bringing this down to 4v4 once playlist-specific fixes have been made. Stay tuned.

Just keep lowering that player count. Maybe your piece of shit might start working. 16 doesnt work? Try 12.
12 doesnt work? Try 10.
10 doesnt work? Try 8.

Just skip ahead 343 and make the player count zero.

You wont have to, it'll be there soon enough. Good fucking game.

Besides matchmaking, I can't pick up my progress from the master chief saga campaign playlist either, it keeps saying "Updating mission playlist data".

Just keep lowering that player count. Maybe your piece of shit might start working. 16 doesnt work? Try 12.
12 doesnt work? Try 10.
10 doesnt work? Try 8.

Just skip ahead 343 and make the player count zero.

You wont have to, it'll be there soon enough. Good fucking game.

I'm still confused why Team Slayer is 5v5. Most of the maps are not built to support they many players in a fun, balanced manner.

Kssio_Aug

Found a match instantly and played my first 5 on 5 and it was amazing but now it's saying "downloading the latest matchmaking data"

So its not just with me. Getting exactly the same. Tried to wait unsucessfully, tried closing the game, and even rebooting the XB1. Still " downloading the latest data".

Unbelievable. Gonna sleep now, and am not sure if Im gonna touch this game MP again until starting to read everything is fine. What Im mostly sure it wont be any time soon!

I gave my vote to 343 that they would fix things with that patch. They were able to make finding mathes much more consistent... But now I can see how it is broken. It is still unplayble overall. Im tired of this...

Was expecting to have plenty of fun with Halo MCC, and am being much more stressed then enjoying it. Will only touch the SP now... And when I get plenty of time to play an entire chapter so I dont lose my progress.

Biggest disappointment of the year for me! Probably even more then DriveClub since I was expecting much more from Halo. What a shame... Honestly.

All these reports of campaign saves resetting have me terrified. I'm at Two Betrayals LASO and I can't find the strength to check the playlist after the patch...

tumblr_mbrh4gZISy1rftd23o1_500.gif

I finally went to check... it's been updating mission playlist data for a couple minutes now... May need to be put on watch if this resets all my LASO progress...

This is just strange. How do you fuck up HALO if you are Microsoft? This is your flagship IP. Makes me wonder if the MCC was thrown together a lot fasterthan they let on to have something ready for Holiday '14. Did something else get delayed or something?

It wasn't ready but they had to make the release date.

Server issues I can see them missing because of scale but there is a ton of bugs they had to have known about but released anyways.

Nephtes

WTF... Before patch I could at least play playlists and some multiplayer.

Now it just sits at "Downloading Latest matchmaking data." Or "Updating mission playlist data."

So went from broke but playable to unplayable.

Fantastic.

Computer

I cant even search for a game. Keeps saying its downloading the latest match making data. Please wait....

I have waited a week and a half.

Did I just hang at 'downloading latest data'?!!? This is going into it's case and back to the store for my guaranteed fourty dollars. Fucking embarrassment. No amount of bribery would get me to return.

Bsigg12

Did I just hang at 'downloading latest data'?!!? This is going into it's case and back to the store for my guaranteed fourty dollars. Fucking embarrassment. No amount of bribery would get me to return.

Eh, it was working better up until 10 minutes ago. Looks like they tried to push a server update and broke it again.

Kssio_Aug

Eh, it was working better up until 10 minutes ago. Looks like they tried to push a server update and broke it again.

My latest match, a btb, I got plenty of lag. Like, seeing things teleporting and all... Could that be due to server issues?

Before that I played some matches just fine. Werent BTB though.

neurophd

Got into an even match of one flag CTF, even teams, played all the way through, great fun...then crashed at end of the match...now endlessly downloading latest data. This thing is such a tease...I have to call tomorrow to get my money back. I just don't have time for this nonsense. I have such limited time to game and I have already wasted so much time with MCC. I was really looking forward to this compilation, such a shame.

SO fucking frustrating for us users. How was something like this even passed? Was no one testing? Did people just say oh it's Halo who cares? I really am against just trading my games in but this is pushing me. Really far.

Kssio_Aug

I bought digital, and where I live I cant imagine getting a refund without headaches. If I knew it would be easy, I would definitely ask for a refund now. Then I would buy it back when the MP get completly fixed or when the SP has no more progress issues.

mood

Bravo, 343. Bravo. You took the franchise that is the only reason Xbox enjoyed any amount of success, sharted all over it and called it The Master Chief Collection.

Bsigg12

SO fucking frustrating for us users. How was something like this even passed? Was no one testing? Did people just say oh it's Halo who cares? I really am against just trading my games in but this is pushing me. Really far.

No I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm guessing things worked perfectly fine when testing at the various studios working on the game but when they finally brought it all together it just crushed the infrastructure that was being built to house everything.

DC R1D3R

Banned
fuck this and fuck the halo beta!
trading this in for credits whilst the going's still hot.

how did 343 think they could get away with this?

Sephzilla

If everything passes through testing perfectly fine but shots once it gets to the live servers they obviously need to take a look at the differences between testing and live. There's clearly something lingering there that's fucking with them.

Toothpick

Got the 'matchmaking data' notification preventing me from playing. what a joke.

343 deserves all the shit theyre getting lol

Don't make the fans a promise if you know you can't keep it

Kssio_Aug

now don't be hasty we just had Driveclub and Assassin's Creed Unity

this be a fanciful magical year of high profile fuck ups!

DriveClub wasnt as "high profile" as Halo. And AC Unity is much more playable by what Ive been reading. Yeah... All of those are pretty bad, but fuck things up that much with a franchise as big as Halo is pretty damn serious.

Amir0x

Banned
DriveClub wasnt as "high profile" as Halo. And AC Unity is much more playable by what Ive been reading. Yeah... All of those are pretty bad, but fuck things up that much with a franchise as big as Halo is pretty damn serious.

Well yeah I'll give you that... but man next-generation is lovely so far for AAA's, innit?

Top Bottom