• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Mix

tFwIZWB.jpg

ofIwIm0.gif

Anyone have any recommendations for an HDMI splitter? I play games through my ExtremeCap U3 + OBS, but would now rather have a splitter so I won't have to play with whatever I add to the stream covering my screen.

tootsi666

What's your take on this, you Halo Lore fiends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YklFMcZ0c6s&app=desktop
"Dark secret" lol
In all seriousness I'm pretty sure this theory has circled around the Halo community for a while now. It's just a theory but it could mean Halo-series could end with Chief firing the Halos to safe the galaxy from the flood, just like Iso-Didact did. That would IMO be a good way to end the series eventually.
Halo will never get a true ending. MS gonna milk it dry and leave us hanging :(.

Did he credit anyone on the video about the theory? I just read the story from his website, but the story definitely isn't his.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
There is only one reason that Guilty Spark is talking to Chief as if he is the Iso-Didact. The Librarian imprinted Bornstellar’s geas onto Master Chief and that is who Guilty Spark is referring to. As crazy as that sounds, with this irrefutable evidence, there is no way it isn’t true.

4f9afe2f2d3ebe77f5dfd52534a8e941.jpg

iFirez

What's your take on this, you Halo Lore fiends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YklFMcZ0c6s&app=desktop

For those who dislike this YouTuber or don't want to watch, I've actually heard this theory before in a similar form and was something that actually popped in my head when reading Greg Bear's books.

Here's a breakdown of the theory:
The Librarian seeded many humans with some different geas (geases) which are like generations-long genetic commands. The Theory says that one of those seeds was the genetic memories/commands of a young Forerunner called Bornstellar who later becomes known as the Iso-Didact (through mutation with the Ur-Didact). This Iso-Didact/Bornstellar later goes on to be the one who activates the Halo array and even asks 343 Guilty Spark before he does so "What would you do?" - This comes back in Halo 1, at the very beginning of the Two Betrayals Cutscene where 343 asks Chief "Last time you asked me what I would do...etc" so this leads credence to the idea that John is possibly the/one of the humans who received the seed of Bornstellar when life was re-seeded in the Galaxy after the Halo array was fired. The Librarian almost says this or at least suggests it in the cutscene where she talks to Chief, saying that she placed these seeds to lead to an eventuality and that eventuality is Chief.

All in all, it's an interesting theory - It's fairly unexplored within the games lore to be honest so I doubt they'd jump on it without significant exploration of these characters (Iso-Didact) more in the games rather than just the novels. Also, we don't know if this was the original idea but due to so many negative comments about Halo 4's story this could have changed -- but Chief's journey in Halo 5 'could' be just that, a search for more information about the Forerunners and to figure out exactly what the Liberian and Didact said to him. Where Locke comes into all of this who knows - if it even is true - all will be revealed in Halo 5 I guess.

Oh, and the theory about Chief activating the rings to end the series could be quite a good thematic finale to the games, heck if they even did this it could just be to 'do away' with the Master Chief character wayyy down the road. They could still do other types of Halo games, spin-offs and side stories and such so. They'd really need to reintroduce the flood in a big way for the activation of the Halo rings to be necessary again though as we didn't even see them in Halo 4.

Ein Bear

"Dark secret" lol
In all seriousness I'm pretty sure this theory has circled around the Halo community for a while now. It's just a theory but it could mean Halo-series could end with Chief firing the Halos to safe the galaxy from the flood, just like Iso-Didact did. That would IMO be a good way to end the series eventually.
Halo will never get a true ending. MS gonna milk it dry and leave us hanging :(.

Whilst I'm obviously glad that they're still making new Halo games, in a way it's a shame since Halo 3 really did have the perfect ending for the series.

The universe is saved. The Flood are exterminated. The Human/Covenant war is over. "Wake me, when you need me" Just damn perfect.

tootsi666

Whilst I'm obviously glad that they're still making new Halo games, in a way it's a shame since Halo 3 really did have the perfect ending for the series.

The universe is saved. The Flood are exterminated. The Human/Covenant war is over. "Wake me, when you need me" Just damn perfect.
I agree in a way, but it didn't make any sense to all Flood in the universe to be exterminated at the end of Halo 3.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Why does everyone hate HaloFollower?

Nobody hates him. Just not many have much respect for his videos because he posts utter bullshit. Essentially, he throws every turd he can against the wall and hopes one sticks, and when it does, it empowers him onwards, like a self-sustaining infinite turd machine.

jem0208

Nobody hates him. Just not many have much respect for his videos because he posts utter bullshit. Essentially, he throws every turd he can against the wall and hopes one sticks, and when it does, it empowers him onwards, like a self-sustaining infinite turd machine.

That's very true.

I completely agree now.

Ein Bear

I agree in a way, but it didn't make any sense to all Flood in the universe to be exterminated at the end of Halo 3.

What is the status of the Flood in-universe atm anyway? I lost interest in keeping up with the lore after Halo 4 - are they still supposed to be wiped out, or have they crept back in a book or comic or something?

Fuchsdh

So today I learned that a frightening number of people, if they hear a piece of music--a piece of music they like--thousands of times, they will still not be able to sing it. At all.

Really cool documentary though.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
If there are no playable Elites in Halo 5...

Oh man 343.

You can play as elites! Beause an elite helped design the armour of the spartans you can unlock, so that means the elites are working with ONI.

This is the first time Elites have done so and so openly, so that means theres been a huge shift in Human Elite relations.

With this significant change, it changes everything. I think the shininess of the armours also points to a theory i have had. With small arena maps confirmed, i think halo 5 mp takes places in a new environments - future sports! Where people watch spartsn fight for fun, but on holodecks like star trek!

With a en elite designing the armours, that must mean the elites are part of the sport too. Maybe everyone from Sangyhelios and Earth comes together under the banner of sports and that is halo 5 mp.

Guys, we have iRrefutable proof, how can this not be true?

======

Someone reminded me Follower tried to use his, thankfully small and limited, audience to buy into a pyramid scheme called Vemma. He got called out on his MLM shit and tried to deny he ever did it. I wouldn't trust such a person.

Random17

The fact that the Arbiter is present in Halo 5 (most likely) suggests that Loyalist Elites will be present in the game, in addition to the Covenant Remnant we saw in Halo 4.

From this perspective I can see Elites being playable in Halo 5 as a probable event.

What is the status of the Flood in-universe atm anyway? I lost interest in keeping up with the lore after Halo 4 - are they still supposed to be wiped out, or have they crept back in a book or comic or something?

They got mostly wiped out, but there are still specimens on various Halos and whatnot in addition to the Spirit of Fire so they aren't gone

EDIT: Beaten

Ghazi

Someone explain that MCC download bug,
I'm considering getting it digital, but can't afford to download 100s of GB.

Ein Bear

They were shown on Escalation, on board of that Halo wars ship (Spirit of Fire?). There could also be flood on other Halos and in other galaxies.

Oh awesome they brought the Spirit of Fire back? Cheers, I might have to give Escalation a read after all.

danwarb

Someone explain that MCC download bug,
I'm considering getting it digital, but can't afford to download 100s of GB.

It seems that switching the Xbox on and off causes the download to reset in part. Leave the Xbox powered up or on standby to download in full, and it won't do that.

You can play as elites! Beause an elite helped design the armour of the spartans you can unlock, so that means the elites are working with ONI.

This is the first time Elites have done so and so openly, so that means theres been a huge shift in Human Elite relations.

With this significant change, it changes everything. I think the shininess of the armours also points to a theory i have had. With small arena maps confirmed, i think halo 5 mp takes places in a new environments - future sports! Where people watch spartsn fight for fun, but on holodecks like star trek!

With a en elite designing the armours, that must mean the elites are part of the sport too. Maybe everyone from Sangyhelios and Earth comes together under the banner of sports and that is halo 5 mp.

Guys, we have iRrefutable proof, how can this not be true?

======

Someone reminded me Follower tried to use his, thankfully small and limited, audience to buy into a pyramid scheme called Vemma. He got called out on his MLM shit and tried to deny he ever did it. I wouldn't trust such a person.
Not to mention he stole the idea for the channel and everything from a former friend on Bungie.net.

Top Bottom