• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welfare

Yup.

0bPyHxy.jpg

Just like Fallout 3.

ezgif-2034827781h5si9.gif

Exactly. I don't think people remember just how "bad" Fallout 3 looked.

Just an FYI guys: I put the Halo 5 OT back up for grabs in the OT thread. I'm just not excited enough about the game to justify making its OT.

jem0208

Just an FYI guys: I put the Halo 5 OT back up for grabs in the OT thread. I'm just not excited enough about the game to justify making its OT.

Hmm, I'd quite like to make an OT sometime... no idea whether I'd have the time to make a really good one though as I will have just started Uni when H5 comes out.

I vote for anyone instead of you. Well maybe not fracas

You're a lovely person.

If ever there was a map to use the Hologram AA on, it was Reflection.

Cue Funknown's "BK's chasing red dots line".

:p

Holograms add hours of entertainment in matchmaking, especially in 4. I've seen people unload into a hologram, repeatedly attempt to melee it, chase after it with sword, and it having a red dot on radar even makes it more convincing. So many people jump the gun when I see them duck round a corner and they try and boltshot my shadow clone or waste all of their grenades on The Pit when I send it out in rocket hall.

Gonna miss that thing once halo 5 launches.

Holograms add hours of entertainment in matchmaking, especially in 4. I've seen people unload into a hologram, repeatedly attempt to melee it, chase after it with sword, and it having a red dot on radar even makes it more convincing. So many people jump the gun when I see them duck round a corner and they try and boltshot my shadow clone or waste all of their grenades on The Pit when I send it out in rocket hall.

Gonna miss that thing once halo 5 launches.
Hologram could be turned into a Power-up or a weapon. As a Power-up it could be something where it sends out a Hologram every 5 secs for the duration of the Power-up (lol), or as a weapon the sends out a Hologram that detonates upon taking enough damage, travels a certain distance or remote detonated. Imagine a remote detonated Hologram weapon..

The concept was interesting, it'd be a shame to see it go.
I vote for anyone instead of you. Well maybe not fracas
A jem/farcas OT would be horrible.
Make it happen jem.

Nowise10

MCC has a bug in it, where campaign films won't work, if they didn't start form the beginning of a mission. So if I got on the game, and resumed from my latest checkpoint, that film will never load. Only if you begin from the mission start can you watch films, and that gets in a way with a lot of things.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Bait post? Bait post.

Nope. I played F3 for a few hours, got out of the vault, ran around outside, got lost, died and stopped playing. As far as I remember, it looked pretty much like the F4 trailer did. Was playing on PC with graphics all cranked up.

So yeah the trailer just wasn't impressive. The dog looked terrible.

Impala26

Except in Reach holograms were grey dots.

Are you sure about this?
Them being read on radar as player dots was part of the gimmick iirc, much like active camo. Do you mean grey dots on radar for you and allies?

So hyped. I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and this looks more of the same with vastly improved graphics. I hope they can somehow manage to get it out this year.

Hold on there cowboy! Let's just go with "improved graphics" until we see the final product. Pretty awesome looking thus far, I need something to scratch my retro-future itch since that twat-genius Ken Levine decided to up and close Irrational Games and basically end the Bioshock IP.

Fuchsdh

Are you sure about this?
Them being read on radar as player dots was part of the gimmick iirc, much like active camo. Do you mean grey dots on radar for you and allies?

Hold on there cowboy! Let's just go with "improved graphics" until we see the final product. Pretty awesome looking thus far, I need something to scratch my retro-future itch since that twat-genius Ken Levine decided to up and close Irrational Games and basically end the Bioshock IP.

Given how successful the series has been, I'm inclined to think that we'll see another Bioshock, and hopefully not one plagued with the development problems of Infinite.

Overdoziz

Banned
It doesn't look amazing graphically compared to some other games out there, but a huge improvement over Fallout 3/New Vegas and especially the art style seems miles and miles ahead of those two games. Hopefully they don't sneak a piss filter in there right before launch or something. Looked god awful in 3/NV.

Fuchsdh

It doesn't look amazing graphically compared to some other games out there, but a huge improvement over Fallout 3/New Vegas and especially the art style seems miles and miles ahead of those two games. Hopefully they don't sneak a piss filter in there right before launch or something. Looked god awful in 3/NV.

The doomsday filters have always been a tad excessive in the Fallout games. The mods that remove it make the game look much better, IMO.

Impala26

Given how successful the series has been, I'm inclined to think that we'll see another Bioshock, and hopefully not one plagued with the development problems of Infinite.

True, but even though I'm a big fan of the series, I'm not sure I WANT to see a new Bioshock game too soon, especially if it's not under Levine's creative control. I'm sure there are other capable writer's out there to take up his mantle, but I think it would be best for the series to sit for a bit.

Infinite was an interesting story where the overly long dev cycle actually resulted in more hype/anticipation being built up for the game--regardless of the fact that it didn't really hit the lofty (pun intended) Levine & Co. set for it. Still a fantastic game with a compelling story and one of the most original backdrops I've yet seen in a video game.

Fuchsdh

True, but even though I'm a big fan of the series, I'm not sure I WANT to see a new Bioshock game too soon, especially if it's not under Levine's creative control. I'm sure there are other capable writer's out there to take up his mantle, but I think it would be best for the series to sit for a bit.

Infinite was an interesting story where the overly long dev cycle actually resulted in more hype/anticipation being built up for the game--regardless of the fact that it didn't really hit the lofty (pun intended) Levine & Co. set for it. Still a fantastic game with a compelling story and one of the most original backdrops I've yet seen in a video game.

Well I have no doubt that Levine won't be involved—he pretty much did his best to wrap up the entire series and set fire to what was left with Burial at Sea. If he's not involved he probably won't consider it "real" Bioshock but I couldn't care less that.

Mostly I just want a concrete wrap-up to Rapture, and then I guess I'm good with the series having explored everything. It could be set in the 80s. We could have Disco Splicers, man!

Long dev times are definitely interesting, and how different studios deal with the reality of having to pare back scopes to ship is its own unique case every time. Feels like after what happened with Halo 2, just deciding that you can't do a proper ending in the game you're working on wouldn't fly with most people, even though in hindsight I think it's a more elegant solution.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Are you sure about this?
99% sure. Holograms showed up as grey in Reach and red in Halo 4.

Man, I had a horrible dream last night.

It was all of us playing Halo 4 together on Reflection (i don't even know how but whatever), we were all enjoying it and mentioning how Jem was right about 4 being the best Halo. I was trying to shoot Fracas with a pistol but I kept missing, Elzar's in the back #butts galore teabagging FUNKNOWN and Jem's flying all over the place, laughing his ass off

That's all I can remember.

Fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom