• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prophets forbid we have a positive Halo community like RUL, even Cortana's ghost knows we need more salty communities to really send the message home.

Shit I like RUL's positivity and production quality. Greenskull rounds out the player demographics reflection nicely IMO.

Prophets forbid we have a positive Halo community like RUL, even Cortana's ghost knows we need more salty communities to really send the message home.

Shit I like RUL's positivity and production quality. Greenskull rounds out the player demographics reflection nicely IMO.

yeah, for the most part I like the guy. He can just lay it on a bit strong at times.

he's not as bad as most. his voice can get to me at times though.

Yea that <343 video and clickbait titles/thumbnails are top notch.

You can be positive and still evaluate issues in a game, or at least take an unbiased approach and just state facts.

Halo 2 on the MCC is still a hit reg HELL.

I just realized that through playing these old Halo MP's that the main issue I have with them was virtually gone in the Halo 5 beta: spawn kills.

I mean I can't think of a time where it was a problem.

Worst i had it in the beta was truth, but that was less on spawns and more on grenade spam and lack of suitable cover outside the lift rooms.

hope for arena you spawn with one sticky and in BTB you get your basic 2 frags.

dwells

You shoulda got that refund before Christmas, bro.
I was dumb enough to buy a physical copy, so I basically got the finger as far as returns go.

Went out and bought an Xbox One, used a vacation day for the MCC launch, showed up at midnight to get the map book and my physical copy, received crushing disappointment.

Halo 2 on the MCC is still a hit reg HELL.
Currently one of my biggest gripes with the game and I can't even enjoy Halo 2 Classic because of it. Seven months in and the game it's supposed to be paying tribute to still doesn't work right online.

It especially sucks now that the Team Hardcore and Halo 2 playlists are ranked. I'd be all over that if the shot registration weren't worse than it was over ten years ago on far worse internet connections.

Worst i had it in the beta was truth, but that was less on spawns and more on grenade spam and lack of suitable cover outside the lift rooms.

hope for arena you spawn with one sticky and in BTB you get your basic 2 frags.

With the removal of grenade hit markers it should help.

They are gone correct?

Is the Arbiter supposed to have a big role in H5? Seems like all emphasis is being placed on Blue Team and Osiris.

I would say the H2A bookends featuring Osiris and the Arbiter would point to the answer being yes.

Speaking of which... Did they ever fix H2A so it actually played the new epilogue upon completion, rather than requiring you to go to the Halo Channel? That was... Weird...

Well it's no barn leak but it's a leak. Seems everything is set and ready for E3.

So Rags, mah bro, are you tryingn to catch up on missed salt or what's the deal here?
Its what's expected of me, so I'll do it to keep the legend (albeit a poor legend) alive.

Plus what's the point in trying to post constructive criticism?

Is the Arbiter supposed to have a big role in H5? Seems like all emphasis is being placed on Blue Team and Osiris.

He was in the background of the Gamestop Locke ad, pwning n00bs.

I would say the H2A bookends featuring Osiris and the Arbiter would point to the answer being yes.

Speaking of which... Did they ever fix H2A so it actually played the new epilogue upon completion, rather than requiring you to go to the Halo Channel? That was... Weird...

Idk, I hope so. I'll have to try it tomorrow and see.

:'] 343's hitting some key notes in my book.

Almost everything I disliked from Halo 4 seems to be improved upon for Halo 5, there are some additions I don't necessarily care for but overall I'm pretty excited. From the sounds of things and what I played in the beta I have high hopes that this could end up being one of the best games in the series, only time will tell.

TesQYGW.png

:'] 343's hitting some key notes in my book.

Halo choir with heavy drums while donging grunts with a zoomed in pistol...

giphy.gif

I wonder how many ideas for H5 were chopped or withheld from H4 or MCC so H5 could deliver on so many key notes. It's shaping up to be a dream campaign for me.

Chopped seems more likely, considering Halo 4 was extremely late in the Xbox 360's lifecycle. Bit more power and "the Cloud" probably helps realize a lot of their ideas. Plus Tim Longo's background with Republic Commando probably helped the direction.

I was dumb enough to buy a physical copy, so I basically got the finger as far as returns go.

Went out and bought an Xbox One, used a vacation day for the MCC launch, showed up at midnight to get the map book and my physical copy, received crushing disappointment.

Currently one of my biggest gripes with the game and I can't even enjoy Halo 2 Classic because of it. Seven months in and the game it's supposed to be paying tribute to still doesn't work right online.

It especially sucks now that the Team Hardcore and Halo 2 playlists are ranked. I'd be all over that if the shot registration weren't worse than it was over ten years ago on far worse internet connections.

Yup. I mean, it's not always a nightmare, but the fact that host is still so obvious and getting spawned killed is so frequent in that game...So the need to defend yourself properly is amplified by the speed of the game. Lack of hit reg really just makes frustration soul crushing. I played 5 games tonight. It's so great I can get into a game. It taps into my nostalgia and I get giddy. Unfortunately, hit reg like I experienced when Halo 2 first launched is still an issue. Maybe our ambitions/expectations for the MCC experience was overblown....

I wonder how many ideas for H5 were chopped or withheld from H4 or MCC so H5 could deliver on so many key notes. It's shaping up to be a dream campaign for me.

Yeah...having buck back...getting the blue team...ALL of that with more iconic music and outstanding gunplay and movement... I'm so hyped.

Chopped seems more likely, considering Halo 4 was extremely late in the Xbox 360's lifecycle. Bit more power and "the Cloud" probably helps realize a lot of their ideas. Plus Tim Longo's background with Republic Commando probably helped the direction.

Oh wow! I didn't know this. Very cool! He probably influenced the more "tactical" nature that this game seems to be heading toward.

Thank goodness for the weapon outlines and reducing the obstructiveness of the DMR scope.
Disappointed in the lack of new weapons news. Well, that is next weeks stuff then I guess.

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member
Greetings, HaloGAF. Long time lurker, finally got approved to post (on my birthday of all days, that was an interesting surprise). Wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone.

Uh... Anyone got that HaloGAF questionnaire thing I can fill out?

,,spartan bro moments cut down. game ending segment is just your spartans walking towards the screen, no more highfives and shit"

OMG, thank you God, that was not funny for me.

Welfare

Greetings, HaloGAF. Long time lurker, finally got approved to post (on my birthday of all days, that was an interesting surprise). Wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone.

Here

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)

What is your favorite playlist?
(i.e. MLG, Action Sack)

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)
Examples of things to include:
– Any HaloGaffers you know in real life.
– Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
– Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
– Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)

Keep in mind – the shorter your post, the more likely HaloGaffers will read it.

JDHarbs

That name has alt written all over it.

It's Stinkles

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member

Many thanks.

I've been lurking since around the time Halo 4 was first teased at E3.

26, as of today.
Alabama, USA
Get me out of this state

Been a fan since Halo CE. I've played everything except that new Spartan Strike, and MCC since I haven't had Internet other than my phone data for about a year now.

Multiplayer.

(i.e. MLG, Action Sack)

Team Slayer, followed closely by BTB.

Mecha is love. Mecha is life.

EDIT:
Welcome. To Pistol or not to Pistol?

To Pistol. Always.

That name has alt written all over it.

It's Stinkles

Your imagination is profound.

Hi. Does anyone know how long it takes in MCC for the "downloading latest matchmaking data" to complete? I let it sit for ten minutes and it was still there but I can't tell if it's actually doing anything or not. I can cancel the message and then search for games but it just endlessly finds players and resets matchmaking.

Yup, probably. And if they really wanna build some hype, a new vehicle.

Welcome. Get out while you're still desalinated.

Don't forget we saw the Promethean Phaeton gunship in those toys a while back as well as an unidentified humanoid / bipedal Promethean unit, possibly the (Hunters in the Dark spoilers)
Armiger unit.

Glad to have a new voice here =)

My only request...please don't feed the salt train here. We could use some level headed nice people around here ;)

Akai__

Does anybody want to help us with the Déjà Vu Vidmaster Challenge in Halo 3 ODST today? We would need 2 other people from Europe and we want to start at 4pm CET (~5 hours from now), but times can be discussed anyways.

Message me or reply to this post, if you have interest. Thanks. :)

Random17

Saw this on reddit:

I really hope they keep all the music linked to different things e.g. Didact's shield worlds would have halo 4 themes, and anything built by the faber would have the gregorian chants etc..

---
-1 year now? Lurked for a few years before that

-NZ >18

-Played CE in 2002
-Yes except Spartan Strike

-Campaign in the recent games

-Invasion, followed by TS

Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
-Bnet, THC, r/Halo, Waypoint a few years ago...

Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
-I've played lots of Age of Empires 2, COD, Battlefield, Mass Effect etc

Hello HaloGAF

It's time for me to introduce myself too!

A month or two... A year or two !

I'm 25 and I live in France (Lyon)

2002 maybe, I've played every games until now, except Spartan Assault/Strike

Campaign (solo, coop' and split screen for Halo 1/2) and Multiplayer (split screen and LAN for Halo 1/2/3, and online for Halo Reach/4/Wars)

(i.e. MLG, Action Sack)

Mmmm... Don't know. Team Slayer, SWAT, Double Team (Rocket Hog Race!!!), Grifball...

I usually spend a lot of time on Jeuxvideo.com, a French forum, where I talk with Halofans (or not) on what I can call "HaloJVC" (compared to HaloGAF). I own a PS4 and a XBO, and I am mostly a solo-player. The only games I play a lot online are Halo and Gears. Titanfall and Destiny last year too (but not as an hardcore player).

UKUMI0

I guess its new members day here, guess its my turn:

I've been a member since today, but I've lurked since 2011.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?
I'm 23 and I live in Tasmania, which is a little island that is technically Australia, but most Aussies won't admit that.

I've been a Halo fan since 2003 when my Uncle introduced it to me on the PC, didn't get to finish the fight until 2011 when I finally saved up enough to buy my own Xbox 360 (my parents wouldn't buy me one and at the time I was living in WA aka the Middle of nowhere so most of my friends were online at the time). As soon as I had an Xbox 360 (that came with Reach and ME3) I hunted down the rest of the series until I finally had them all and played them in chronological order.

Multiplayer but I love the lore, read all the books and I love the campaigns.

What is your favourite playlist?
SWAT and Objective though I like BTB and Slayer as well.

Help us get to know you better.
I started out as a writer for my own blog, which grew until I had about 15ish writers, but that fell apart when I had to move. About a year after my move I wrote for HaloFollower before being picked up by a Xbox focused Podcast, who wanted to start their own site, as Editor in Chief. Some of our team are heading to E3 this year and I'm going next year (due to lack of funds on my part).

EDIT: Of course I get the top of a new page -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom