• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

jem0208

The rank grind is going to be rough in this game...

Just played a game where I went 20 and 10.

My 4 team mates had a grand total of 21 kills and 50 deaths...

If that happens more than once I give up for the day.

Which means I give up every time I play.

Yeah, the next game 2 of my team mates quit off the start so after 2 minutes of being destroyed I gave up.

jem0208

Christopher Lee died! D:

RIP Saruman...

How's Destiny goin man?

Eh, I stopped playing that game when I realised all I was doing was grinding to get cool weapons to help me grind to get more cool weapons. I'd also rather play a broken mess of Halo than Destiny's PvP. Destiny was okay, I'd give it a solid 7/10. Maybe 6.5...

That said I've hardly been playing anything recently, I'm right in the middle of exams. The only reason I was playing today was because I had an exam this morning so I had a break for an hour or so. MCC worked, it's just I'm still a really low rank so I'm matching with terrible people. Only got a week and a half left though. Then the grind begins.

Also #IToggleCrouchWithB

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If that happens more than once I give up for the day.

Which means I give up every time I play.
There was once a glorious age in which I could hop on Halo 3 and Reach and have 10+ HaloGAFers to play with at any given time. Now I'm almost always stuck with randoms. It's brutal. On a related note: 343, please include a Reach style active roster. The one in MCC is still lacking. Make it easily accessible, easily readable, and make inviting scrolling and inviting people take as few button presses as possible.

Eh, I stopped playing that game when I realised all I was doing was grinding to get cool weapons to help me grind to get more cool weapons.
I recently had the same realization. I stopped playing from October to April, and I think I'm done for good now. The game just isn't good enough to keep the grind satisfying. I have better games to play.

There was once a glorious age in which I could hop on Halo 3 and Reach and have 10+ HaloGAFers to play with at any given time. Now I'm almost always stuck with randoms. It's brutal. On a related note: 343, please include a Reach style active roster. The one in MCC is still lacking. Make it easily accessible, easily readable, and make inviting scrolling and inviting people take as few button presses as possible.
Yeah, Reach's Active Roster should be (imo) the baseline for 343's UI team in 4.
I can barely remember 4's but MCC's menus.. they are at the very least not pleasant to look at.
Something as useful and aesthetically pleasing as the Reach AR.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just realized: at this point my biggest concern about Halo 5 is the H4 style Steitzer announcements in multiplayer, lol. It's ultimately a small complaint, but they're seriously terrible. Announcements were yet another thing Reach did best (though it had a few unnecessary ones).

Madness

Biggest issues for me are still ADS and unlimited sprint. Can't wait to see toggle functionality for at least sprint, but I did like the DMR change. Still nowhere near as good as classic zoom of Reach or Halo 4, but much better than the scope in beta. The sides are completely devoid of visual info now though.

Blueblur1

Yeah, Reach's Active Roster should be (imo) the baseline for 343's UI team in 4.
I can barely remember 4's but MCC's menus.. they are at the very least not pleasant to look at.
Something as useful and aesthetically pleasing as the Reach AR.

Reach's active roster was phenomenal. I've been crossing my fingers for it or a better version of it to return in a future Halo game.

Active Roster is obviously the high point, but ANYTHING's gotta be better than the Halo 4 baseball cards with no info and that droooooooooooooooooooooning music in the lobby.

link1201

I wonder if there is any chance we'll get any new information on the ranking system during E3 week. I really enjoyed my time with the beta and I believe the ranking system was a big part of that. I am really glad they seem invested in a ranking system. I also like the idea it is primarily win/loss based.

I am curious what lessons they learned during the beta and what they have changed since. I know there are a lot of plates spinning on their end but I think getting ranking right is really important to the population. I know I enjoy my time more playing Halo having close matches with competent players rather than stomp fests whether that be getting stomped or stomping the other team. My experience during the beta was great in this regard.

jem0208

I love the way he delivers the line, but I really don't want to hear it multiple times per game.

I completely agree to be honest. I think far too many of the medals have announcer associated lines. It should be limited to multi-kills, killing sprees and game related announcements, i.e: "1 minute remaining", "the enemy team has your flag" etc. I'm fine with having medals for every last thing, but I really don't need to be shouted at whenever I get a Comeback Kill or a Hail Mary.

I liked to hear "Top Gun" the rest of the new stuff?....meh.

Top Gun is okay as well I guess. You're only going to hear it once and it's somewhat unique.

Fuchsdh

The bookend cutscenes of H2A make me guess they might be and there's even classic banshees on official art so you might not be too far off.

I dunno. There were OG Banshees in Halo 4's concept art too. I can't get my hopes up.

Also, the H2A cutscenes were being done by Blur, so it makes sense they'd use the Elite models they've got ready and waiting. Aside from the Arbiter I wouldn't use them as an indicator they will look that way in Halo 5 at all.

I completely agree to be honest. I think far too many of the medals have announcer associated lines. It should be limited to multi-kills, killing sprees and game related announcements, i.e: "1 minute remaining", "the enemy team has your flag" etc. I'm fine with having medals for every last thing, but I really don't need to be shouted at whenever I get a Comeback Kill or a Hail Mary.

I agree. There's so much going on in the audio standpoint that it's bothersome to me. I'd much rather save the VO for important game information and sprees.

link1201

I liked to hear "Top Gun" the rest of the new stuff?....meh.

Speaking of Halo 5...are grenade hit markers (visible or audible) removed?

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
fuck you

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?
fuck you

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
fuck you

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
crouch mode

What is your favourite playlist?
anything with AR starts

Help us get to know you better.
go fuck yourself

Did MasterBiggy or Ragnarok hack your account?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
fuck you

fuck you

fuck you

crouch mode

anything with AR starts

go fuck yourself

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
fuck you

fuck you

fuck you

crouch mode

anything with AR starts

go fuck yourself

giphy.gif

Impala26

fuck you

fuck you

fuck you

crouch mode

anything with AR starts

go fuck yourself

OBLIGATORY
get-out-frog.gif

Tawpgun

They said they toned down steitzer from beta feedback. same with spartan chatter

That being said Reversal and PEEERRFFFEECT were the best steitzer additions to a halo game

-Ryn

Banned
Mecha, Sum-Zero, and Ukubro

Welcome to HaloGAF
We spin right round like a record baby

Its what's expected of me, so I'll do it to keep the legend (albeit a poor legend) alive.

Plus what's the point in trying to post constructive criticism?
Fair enough

Carry on
though remember to have some moments of lucidity ;)

EDIT: Oops, didn't know it was a scan. A more classic Halo theme is returning!

:'] 343's hitting some key notes in my book.
Yeeeeessssssssss

On the topic of the classic Halo theme, I know we'll have a healthy dose of the Space Monks™, but I hope we here the full Warthog run in all of its glory, that'd get me more hyped than anything, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom