• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

jem0208

The music elevates the warthog runs and trench run. I don't think they are particularly special levels.

I wish there was a no vehicle damage skull, different physics or custom option so we can mess about more in campaign.
The physics skulls in the H2A campaign are pretty hilarious.

One grenade can send the covenant across the map. Also if you shoot an elite in the air with the SMG you can essentially juggle them with the SMG.

Sprint is a make or break feature now. If you don't have it, it's not relevant. I've been playing Destiny endlessly, and anytime I go back to anything other than Halo 4, it feels like mud. Not to say anything negative about past halo games as I enjoy them all, but sprint is just.. Fantastic.

Whut? Come on now, that's just silly.

Glass

ogf9mIj.jpg

Reversible cover art, lets make it happen.
Source

lol, they still haven't fixed that massive Reclaimer bug in Halo 4? Playing through this solo legendary and I get to the lich, blow it up, and then the next part of the mission won't load and absolutely nothing is helping to subvert it. What's the point of resetting if it can happen again? Wasting away hours here.

That looks niiiiiiice. Though I find it funny how much more pronounced all of the 343 characters are.
Not saying it means anything.

Barrel is to small and has no venting so I highly doubt it. Looks fairly reminiscent of the Halo 4 shotgun.

Plus it looks like its pump action.

Oh really. And railgun is totally different...

This art seems to infer that Thorne was meant to be in Fireteam Osiris before they added Buck.

They were ramping Thorne up a lot- I wonder if he'll be in Halo 5 in some capacity, even though Buck took the spot.

Also, was looking at the art book on amazon and saw this:

YV5F5CQ.jpg

That's gotta be a decent sign for the reception of the Elite Controller. Any of you guys getting it? I definitely am.

Kibbles

They were ramping Thorne up a lot- I wonder if he'll be in Halo 5 in some capacity, even though Buck took the spot.

YV5F5CQ.jpg

That's gotta be a decent sign for the reception of the Elite Controller. Any of you guys getting it? I definitely am.
I got it preordered even though I'm not happy about throwing away $150 on it...

The Flash

Banned

YV5F5CQ.jpg

It was in the Amazon UK Top 10 Video Game list thingy for a while as well.

Come October, I, like you, will become and Elite Gamer by purchasing this Elite Controller.

Akai__

I don't know what event this is from, but this concept art seems to indicate Buck took his role entirely.
H5GC-TimLongo%26Osiris.png

Nice grab. Definitely seems to be the case. I wonder how early on this was.

I got it preordered even though I'm not happy about throwing away $150 on it...

My wallet stings, but I'm pretty excited for it. Was actually looking at the Scuff controllers a couple months ago and decided to wait when I heard rumors that Msoft had a new controller to show off. Glad I waited.

It was in the Amazon UK Top 10 Video Game list thingy for a while as well.

Come October, I, like you, will become and Elite Gamer by purchasing this Elite Controller.

Haha! I think some people are going to buy it thinking it'll make them play better.

Why the need to activate overshield? Is it a powerup that you can carry around. Please tell me it isn't and I was just looking at it wrong.

Looked like you have to hold x to activate it or you'll just walk through it and it does nothing?

GutZ31

Old news. It was already confirmed, that it comes with a Steelbook and a Digital Code. However, it does ship a week earlier so the guys getting this collection can pre-load the game.

My bad, didnt hear about it.
Haven't been keeping up with Halo 5 news lately. :/

Fuchsdh

I don't know what event this is from, but this concept art seems to indicate Buck took his role entirely.
H5GC-TimLongo%26Osiris.png

Yeah I noticed that as well. It's a shame, because at least with what we've got going into Halo 5 I think Thorne was a more interesting character than either Vale or Tanaka (albeit we've had more time with Thorne in Spartan Ops and Escalation.) Hopefully he gets some roles in the universe going forward though—I think he served as a nice bridge between the Spartan IIs and IVs.

Akai__

My bad, didnt hear about it.
Haven't been keeping up with Halo 5 news lately. :/

No worries. I find the decision still very odd. They should have at least let people choose if they want a code or the copy. Like, you are expecting the actual disc with the Steelbook.

Yeah I noticed that as well. It's a shame, because at least with what we've got going into Halo 5 I think Thorne was a more interesting character than either Vale or Tanaka (albeit we've had more time with Thorne in Spartan Ops and Escalation.) Hopefully he gets some roles in the universe going forward though—I think he served as a nice bridge between the Spartan IIs and IVs.

He definitely was a nice bridge. Had a lot of development, and I particularly liked his back and forth with Halsey in Spops. Hopefully he'll still be used and have stuff to do. Not sure how I feel about Tanaka yet as she's only had a minor showing in Escalation. I like Vale so far-
in Hunters in the Dark she's not a Spartan yet, but she's an interesting character. She's 100% fluent in Sanghelli, but since the Elites speak English again I wonder if that'll come up in the game or not

Speaking of Hunters in the Dark-
someone said many pages ago that there's a lot of walking. Finished it the other day... And yes. There was a lot of walking lol. At least with Primordium, it was engaging, and carried the story and it gave you a vivid sense of scale. In this, seemed more of a placeholder to get characters from A to B, and I had a hard time imagining where the hell they were in regards to Ark locales.

- 000 Tragic Solitude was cool.

- Where the heck is Mendicant Bias already?

- I groaned a little when Kodiak's brother was confirmed to be the meatborg. Really, really convenient plot point.

Happy to have it on my shelf, but it's far from being a favorite.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
God I was looking for subtle digs at 343/MS all over that art. Didn't realize it was just the orange/blue.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How're yall gonna use the paddles on the Elite Controller with Halo 5? I'm thinking:

- Thrust on the upper left
- Swap grenades on the bottom left
- Swap weapons on the upper right

And then I'll try reload on the bottom right, but I'll probably just leave it unassigned. This is using bumper jumper, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom