• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats up with the bullseye icons you all got there Ozzy

Glitch I suppose. I wear this bomb icon.

9W1m7C7.jpg

complaining about a developer not respecting its fans in a 2015 Halo thread

lol
posting in a thread about a franchise you don't believe deserves its success, a franchise you also complain about, yet will still be purchasing a new Halo game and talking about it in a 2015 Halo thread

lol

We need to combine both of these Bungie created franchise OTs. It'll just be a mess of complaints and "Looking for group for repetitive grind activity/need 3/I'm on now/sorry joined someone else/np lol"

Nowise10

We'll Year 1 players of Destiny have a chance at winning some special emblem, so something must be going happening on Bungie day. Probably not something like Steaks being given out, though.

Booshka

We'll Year 1 players of Destiny have a chance at winning some special emblem, so something must be going happening on Bungie day. Probably not something like Steaks being given out, though.

Let's just hope Bungie are nice enough to allow people to buy that special emblem down the road.

I thought it was a joke!

I think they restricted winners to North America or similar, given food goods and shipping etc. Awesome stuff to see though, always loved the Bungie vs. the World days. It's a shame I don't have the will to post over at B.net anymore, lack of moderation turned it into a waste of space for the most part IMO (forums wise).

Also played 8 games solo in MCC last night > slayer un-ranked and found all games with full players in less than 1 minute. Zero crashes and very little quitters too. Good stuff.

I think they restricted winners to North America or similar, given food goods and shipping etc. Awesome stuff to see though, always loved the Bungie vs. the World days. It's a shame I don't have the will to post over at B.net anymore, lack of moderation turned it into a waste of space for the most part IMO (forums wise).

Most official forums are pretty appalling. Just look at Waypoint, at least here on GAF I can have decent conversations.

Also played 8 games solo in MCC last night > slayer un-ranked and found all games with full players in less than 1 minute. Zero crashes and very little quitters too. Good stuff.

NVM, B.net. I thought for a second you were complaining about the moderation at the forum you moderate.

SaganIsGOAT

Man I can't wait to buy some microtransactions for post game celebrations. For a steak dinner victory the Spartans walk out with white bibs on holding a fork a steak knife in hand, sharpening them against each other.

And I'll take all the "bro" celebrations back as default too please.

Man I can't wait to buy some microtransactions for post game celebrations. For a steak dinner victory the Spartans walk out with white bibs on holding a fork a steak knife in hand, sharpening them against each other.

And I'll take all the "bro" celebrations back as default too please.

EE1D08C3D17DDB8B57ADD85F0E3CD6320AD74691

I liked my "bro" celebrations, don't see why they removed them, hopefully you can get them from req packs. However, I'm also the same type of player that liked Grunt Birthday Party in Reach, I know a lot of people got annoyed by that.

Welfare

I liked my "bro" celebrations, don't see why they removed them, hopefully you can get them from req packs. However, I'm also the same type of player that liked Grunt Birthday Party in Reach, I know a lot of people got annoyed by that.

Turned me away from Swat when all I heard was "HOORAY!"

Fracas

#fuckonami
The bro stuff was the best part about the beta. Cheesy as it was, it fit well with the whole MP as a spectator sport theme.

Booshka

How about a post game victory celebration where Spartans grub on some Dorito's, chug on some Mountain Dew, and hit another dose of Adderrall.

That's a glorious cover. Wow.

Sparth is king supreme with his art.
The cover is not by Sparth. It clearly has John Liberto's style. But yes. Sparta is god tier in concept arts. I love his style.

I uh, wat.

343 needs to get some better quality control for the expanded universe.

And 343 allowed this to go to print?!

It sounds like bad fanfiction!!

What the fuck?!
The book is not that bad except for the whole Spartan Kodiak which feels very forced.
Working together with that Elite who cut off his arm or finding his brother in a experimental state was pretty stupid.
And that cheesy line by Olympia. Otherwise I thought the journey was fun with a lot of interesting characters like the Elites or Olympia Vale. Furthermore the book captures the Halo 3 missions really well and has some pretty good callouts back to the campaign.

-Ryn

Banned
Halo era Bungie is the best Bungie.

All of these bro pose ideas are making me really hope that 343 makes them customizable. Let both parties win. If someone doesn't want their Spartan doing high fives and them other jams, then whatevs. If they don't want ANY of the Spartans to be able to do that then they can go suck a Grunts carefully sculpted ass.

Surprised how nice Reach still looks.
It's a lovely game. It's main weakness visually is that it's just too desaturated imo.

The reactions to the "bro" stuff were so dumb. Honestly, it's something I would have never even paid attention to were it not for the fact that people kept bitching/making fun. I didn't care about it all either way, and it was so bizarre to me seeing such strong responses.

Honestly I think it was one of those things where people just needed to have an issue with something. It reminds me of how when Reach had its campaign gameplay reveal a lot people were going on and on about Jorge's line "This is how we get it done, Spartan!" (or something like that). It was a punch-line on forums/comment sections for a good while.

Akai__

The bro stuff was the best part about the beta. Cheesy as it was, it fit well with the whole MP as a spectator sport theme.

I don't mind the celebrating stuff, but I thought it got old pretty quick. In every match, you will have the introduction "Team Slayer! Control power weapons to win the game." first, followed by the end game "Game Over. Victory!!!" and posing. Stuff like this just adds up unnecessary time to your play session. Why not just load the match like in Halo 1-3 and end it as quick as possible? I hope this is actually toggle-able or vanishes after you have been ranked. I know what to do in matches and I know if I lost or won the game, but I understand that their new audience might not know what to do.

I just want fast matches, without looking at 10 seconds intro/10 seconds outro screens.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I don't mind the celebrating stuff, but I thought it got old pretty quick. In every match, you will have the introduction "Team Slayer! Control power weapons to win the game." first, followed by the end game "Game Over. Victory!!!" and posing. Stuff like this just adds up unnecessary time to your play session. Why not just load the match like in Halo 1-3 and end it as quick as possible? I hope this is actually toggle-able or vanishes after you have been ranked. I know what to do in matches and I know if I lost or won the game, but I understand that their new audience might not know what to do.

I just want fast matches, without looking at 10 seconds intro/10 seconds outro screens.

Those intro/outro sequences actually allow us to load/unload maps faster in the background and give players something more dynamic to occupy their attention than a menu screen in between matches.

Pretty sure our party just got a P2P game and proceeded to get cheated AKA standby in quick succession the entire game. Fun stuff with one of their guys going 46 out of 60 kills.

Screenshot-Original.png

On the plus side 4 games in a row with fast matches in ranked and parties with zero quitters in what felt like good to great dedis. C'est la vie.

Those intro/outro sequences actually allow us to load/unload maps faster in the background and give players something more dynamic to occupy their attention than a menu screen in between matches.

Drop an 8-bit shared game in the loading/finding player screens :)

Akai__

How long does it take to load a map on average? That's a CPU intensive process, right?

Any chance, that there's going to be a toggle for the intro/outro at least? I know it won't kill the time that it will take to load or unload the map, but like I said, I think it got old pretty quick.

What's the point of a toggle? If the sequence is playing for one person, that time has to be taken up for all. Do you really want a black screen instead of that intro/outro? Maybe so, but is it worth the effort of a toggle?

The point is, that I know what the gametype is about. I don't have to be told in every match and yes I would rather see the usual Team Red/Team Blue screen, than listening to the same sequence over and over again.

It's probably not worth a toggle, but it's also not worth creating visiually busy looking maps with tons of things going on the actual map, in my eyes. It's not about how the map looks in MP, it's about how it plays. I don't understand the need of grenade sized bugs walking arround on Regret for example or crazy effects that are going on on other maps. The best maps are simple ones, where people wouldn't get distracted by things going on on the map (see Halo 1-3). Just my opinion.

What's the point of a toggle? If the sequence is playing for one person, that time has to be taken up for all. Do you really want a black screen instead of that intro/outro? Maybe so, but is it worth the effort of a toggle?

I for one didn't like the bro stuff. It's not a ridiculous position.

The only "annoying" thing about the beta was the music that played every time you died. Also the forced killcam. Oh, and your stupid nades blowing up because of random spraying gunfire.

I'm pretty sure all of those are being addressed.

=)

In the latest Halo book, set a few years before Halo 5, the
monitor of Installation 00, Tragic Solitude, kills a team sent to Ark after the events of Halo 3. He spares one of the team and uses him to reactivate the Halo firing sequence. This is a plot to force the Ark's portal to Earth to be re-opened, as the monitor wishes to seek revenge against Humanity for damaging the Ark. He plans to sent thousands of Retrievers - Forerunner bots, to harvest Earth for resources, along with the rest of the Sol system, before re-firing the entire Halo array for shits and giggles.

Instead of just keeping the sole survivor alive, TS turns him into a shitty version of Robocop, with knives and blades in his hands. He needed a human to activate the firing sequence, as that's how the system works.

MmayW6rcng-2.png

He also happens to be the brother of the
second team member they send to Ark to stop the array firing. Funny how he always talks about his brother in case you forget that they are brothers. They are related. Brothers. Bros. Family. Brothers. He is brainwashed to kill on command! He defeats Tragic Solitude via his love and humanity. Ugh.
Not for 343 sensitive eyes:
It feels like the Forerunners have gone through some form of 343 meat grinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom