• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
New HtT image (brought up in the HtT thread originally)

tumblr_nnn2xgEUz51uokpa1o1_1280.png

Here’s the Notice of Violation and penalty I got slapped with for “unruly and uncooperative behavior.” Not a nice note to wake up to after getting tranquilized and knocked-out in flight.

Nowise10

I just got done playing probably the best CTF match ever of my life. And it was in Halo 4!

brb editing all my sick plays in Upload Studio if it can handle it.

I just got done playing probably the best CTF match ever of my life. And it was in Halo 4!

brb editing all my sick plays in Upload Studio if it can handle it.

Impossible, the only thing worse than Halo 4 is Halo 4 in MCC
and Destiny
. Everything pertaining to it is automatically shit.

(only just noticed this haha)

Raid bosses are far better, since there are steps that you have to take to damage them, and it's not spelled out for the player. No idea if/how it'd work in Halo though.

Atheon maybe? since you would probably fight the forerunner war ship unless 343i wouls screw up and gives another Predator QTE

-Ryn

Banned
There's no way that ticket isn't a joke about his ban. It's just too perfect not to be.

Now I'm wondering what the likelihood of a Hamish Easter egg in H5 is. Walk into a secret corridor or vent to find a disgruntled Beamish cleaning up dead people.

Damn, missed the first page. Oh well. New OT hype.
Better late than never I always say

Anyone know if a PDF-417 reader for phones exists? I want to see if the code on the left is one, though they look pretty different from one another.

Hey everyone, another dissatisfied MCC customer. Move along.

Frustration is totally acceptable but going on long angry tirades and pissing and moaning that people are excited for Halo 5 is ridiculous.

Not moaning at you for H5 excitement, laughing at you. 343 are a fundamentally incompetent triple A developer. They get the product out but they consistently fail to meet the gold standard. Reach update was a schizophrenic and clumsily handled affair with a 3, 4 and 5 shot pistol in the same game, health pack glitches, ludicrous vanilla/TU/non-bleed through TU playlist splits. TU BETA SLAYER. Etc

Halo 4 was an abomination until 6 months post release turbo update. No red X's for months after release (extremely basic stuff).

MCC: Couldn't even get matchmaking to work.

H5 beta was good because it HAD to be good. There'd be critically low levels of interest if it was equivalent to a month of playing Haven, Abandon and Solace with instant respawn and random weapon drops. They had to make the beta tight and lean otherwise the cash would be compromised in September.

Anyway, I don't hold a grudge against anyone here and I hope for everyone who's excited sakes that they aren't let down by 343's handling of halo 5, a game which I thought played excellently and has the potential to be a top 3 Halo game. Just don't be surprised when there's brand new, big problems with the game for the first 6 months. You don't know what they'll be now; nobody sees them coming until after release and you're waiting on a Bravo tweet.

No one's denying that 343's handling of this has been utter dog shite (if you are then stop being silly). However some people don't let themselves get hung up over a video game.

Yes I'm excited for 5, yes I'm almost certainly going to buy it. Why? Because I want to have fun playing Halo, there's not much fun in getting pissed off about a broken 6 month old game.

Didn't address any of the points I made. And Of course everyone knows that 343 botched it. And of course I know all the reasons why Halo 5 is different. But if people are ok with what's happened playlist wise with MCC, which is completely within their remit as a company with hundreds of employees, then don't complain about anything else that goes wrong imo.

VinFTW

H5 beta was good because it HAD to be good.

Lol, what?

Shitting on people for being excited for a game is just about the lowest thing you can do around here.

I get that you're mad, and you have a right to be, but making people feel dumb for being excited about H5 isn't cool.

Being irate about MCC is just about the most justifiable thing in gaming right now, it's abysmal. So I don't blame you on that front.

But come on now, H5 is going to be solid if the Beta is a decent indication to go by. If that upsets you, then... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jem0208

Didn't address any of the points I made. And Of course everyone knows that 343 botched it. And of course I know all the reasons why Halo 5 is different. But if people are ok with what's happened playlist wise with MCC, which is completely within their remit as a company with hundreds of employees, then don't complain about anything else that goes wrong imo.
You didn't make any points to address.

H5 beta was good because it HAD to be good.
Also, what?

He literally spent a paragraph complaining about the same shit everyone has been complaining about for the past 6 months. We know.

Also none of it was relevant to the fact that H5 and the MCC are completely different games

Not moaning at you for H5 excitement, laughing at you. 343 are a fundamentally incompetent triple A developer. They get the product out but they consistently fail to meet the gold standard. Reach update was a schizophrenic and clumsily handled affair with a 3, 4 and 5 shot pistol in the same game, health pack glitches, ludicrous vanilla/TU/non-bleed through TU playlist splits. TU BETA SLAYER. Etc

Halo 4 was an abomination until 6 months post release turbo update. No red X's for months after release (extremely basic stuff).

MCC: Couldn't even get matchmaking to work.

H5 beta was good because it HAD to be good. There'd be critically low levels of interest if it was equivalent to a month of playing Haven, Abandon and Solace with instant respawn and random weapon drops. They had to make the beta tight and lean otherwise the cash would be compromised in September.

Anyway, I don't hold a grudge against anyone here and I hope for everyone who's excited sakes that they aren't let down by 343's handling of halo 5, a game which I thought played excellently and has the potential to be a top 3 Halo game. Just don't be surprised when there's brand new, big problems with the game for the first 6 months. You don't know what they'll be now; nobody sees them coming until after release and you're waiting on a Bravo tweet.

giphy.gif

Not moaning at you for H5 excitement, laughing at you. 343 are a fundamentally incompetent triple A developer.

And Of course everyone knows that 343 botched it. And of course I know all the reasons why Halo 5 is different.

Oh, you speak for everyone and know all the things?

tumblr_inline_mrwyfrdoBO1qz4rgp.gif

Popping a squat on people that don't see things the way you see them is kinda silly, isn't it? I realize I'm a bit more forgiving than most when it comes to what has gone wrong in the MCC, and that my favorite Halo game happens to have a big number 4 in the title, but I also realize why people have been upset and didn't like certain things, or were really pissed off about MCC. I get it. Doesn't mean I can just shart all over their opinions and pointedly laugh at them.

o_O

Madness

Henery consistently makes great posts, and even backs up his posts with video or photos. Instead of being incredulous, maybe read again what he's saying. It's quite easy to be positive for Halo 5, but temper your excitement with what Reach, post-Bungie was, Halo 4 at launch, and then MCC in terms of playlist management, launch issues.

Halo 5 beta had its own hiccups too. I give them the benefit of the doubt seeing as how it was a beta, but having to wait 5 minutes while matchmaking because someone left, or then having to hard quit, and then rejoining, and having the same happen again was only amplified because of MCC issues. There were a few party joining issues too, but I'm starting to think it's MS that has the issue with how poorly party chat, joining and OS are working.

H5 beta had to be good because an incompetent dev finally realised it couldn't get away with pouring millions of hours and dollars into a series, so it finally decided to say y'know, now we'll try!

Jesus wept. You can dislike stuff and still be sensible about it. Saying Halo 4 is an 'abomination' is different to complaining about the MCC: One is a set of design decisions you disagree with, the other is a botched job. Of course, the end result is still '343 teh sux', but heyho.

Edit: also, I realise this is the hardcore end of the Halo spectrum in here, but you talk to my friends who play Halo: MCC pissed them off, whereas Reach playlist management? Halo 4? They couldn't give a toss, they enjoyed it. We are not everybody. I guess the point is this: broken game? Don't stand for it. AR starts in BTB? Unnngggh. But I'll still play the damn game.

VinFTW

Henery consistently makes great posts, and even backs up his posts with video or photos. Instead of being incredulous, maybe read again what he's saying. It's quite easy to be positive for Halo 5, but temper your excitement with what Reach, post-Bungie was, Halo 4 at launch, and then MCC in terms of playlist management, launch issues.

Halo 5 beta had its own hiccups too. I give them the benefit of the doubt seeing as how it was a beta, but having to wait 5 minutes while matchmaking because someone left, or then having to hard quit, and then rejoining, and having the same happen again was only amplified because of MCC issues. There were a few party joining issues too, but I'm starting to think it's MS that has the issue with how poorly party chat, joining and OS are working.

I've never had any issues with Henery's posts. He's one of the few sensible, realistic and truthful posters around here...

...but there's no excuse you can give that makes it okay to make people feel like dumb for being excited about Halo 5. Be skeptical, don't preorder, and wait at launch to make sure it works. That's completely fair... but, IMO, the game will be fine, it's a completely different beast than MCC/H4.

This is their first MAJOR, 3 year, fully in-house developed game. This is why (personally) it's okay for me to be hyped (not to mention I enjoyed the Beta immensely and I like where the story is going). Make no mistake though, this is their last chance for me.

Take it seriously? Mkay let's see...

Reach was bad... 343 didn't make it biotch. Your opinion is subjective. Aside from armor lock I thoroughly enjoyed it. Im laughing at you now (what a dumb expression).

Halo 4 was great in many people's eyes but didn't have longevity for obvious reasons. Campaign was solid. They pushed the gfx on the 360. MM worked at launch. Some consider Halo 4 to have the best BTB.

MCC was originally meant to be just a remastered Halo 2. There was/is issues with MS's party system. MCC is made by a different team and in order to meet demand to get all games working they had to outsource most of it. Sucks it still don't work perfectly, but i mainly got it for campaign. That works great. I'm laughing at you now.

Halo 5 beta was widely accepted as great. The changes being made post beta sound great. Campaign seems far more interesting than Halo 4s. E3 is yet to come. I'm not pre-ordering, but I'm hyped for what this team at 343 has to offer.

Shame on us, we are such pitiful fools. We love Halo and are excited for Halo 5. Go post your hate on the gaming side, they love extra sodium in their forum diet.

Ahahaha so many sensitive souls in here. I crossed a line! Lmao

Get back to me when 343 can update their own playlists half a year after launch.

jem0208

Take it seriously? Mkay let's see...

Reach was bad... 343 didn't make it biotch. Your opinion is subjective. Aside from armor lock I thoroughly enjoyed it. Im laughing at you now (what a dumb expression).

Halo 4 was great in many people's eyes but didn't have longevity for obvious reasons. Campaign was solid. They pushed the gfx on the 360. MM worked at launch. Some consider Halo 4 to have the best BTB.

MCC was originally meant to be just a remastered Halo 2. There was/is issues with MS's party system. MCC is made by a different team and in order to meet demand to get all games working they had to outsource most of it. Sucks it still don't work perfectly, but i mainly got it for campaign. That works great. I'm laughing at you now.

Halo 5 beta was widely accepted as great. The changes being made post beta sound great. Campaign seems far more interesting than Halo 4s. E3 is yet to come. I'm not pre-ordering, but I'm hyped for what this team at 343 has to offer.

Shame on us, we are such pitiful fools. We love Halo and are excited for Halo 5. Go post your hate on the gaming side, they love extra sodium in their forum diet.

NdNGbXC.gif

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Ahahaha so many sensitive souls in here. I crossed a line! Lmao

Get back to me when 343 can update their own playlists half a year after launch.

It's not the we're sensitive. Most of us have given up what little tiny shred of hope there once was for Halo.

Zeouterlimits was right. This is now best used as a fancy image board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom