• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Where's that damn halogaf drama gif when you need it?

civil_war.gif

giphy.gif

woodland

Ahahaha so many sensitive souls in here. I crossed a line! Lmao

Get back to me when 343 can update their own playlists half a year after launch.

Spot on with your posts. It's pretty sad when people think the Halo 4 launched in a good state (no ranks, shit playlist management, FILE SHARE?, no red x's) and 343 has consistently not given us patches promised (H3) or botched them (Reach).

Even Halo 5 beta had issues - having to back out almost after every game was my issue. Yes, it's a beta and I'm willing to give them the doubt for that - but what about playlist management for it? Why take away BR/AR starts at the end? What about MCC?

Like you mentioned, H3 still hasn't been updated, most of H2 is still SMG starts, and Team Hardcore still has no H3 in it. Which was promised from launch.

There's being skeptical with good reasoning, which is what Henery does, and then there's people ignoring how the devs can't even update their playlists for fucks sake. If they can't - give us a reason why? Where's that write-up we were promised back in Nov/December? Anyone?

It's unfair how all I want to do is play some Halo CE BTB, but I'm at the mercy of others. They should really separate CE and H4 into their own 2v2, 4v4 and BTB playlists because chances are those who want to play CE or H4 want shit all to do with H2/A and H3. I think that's a pretty fair assumption.

Then H2/H3/H2A can live as they have. I feel like fans of Halo 2 and Halo 3 are alright with overlap, like if a vote has Team BR's Guardian and Team BR's Midship, whatever wins everyone will be fine with, but the poor sap who wanted Team Slayer on Chill Out now has to suffer for 12 minutes or deal with quit penalties at the expense of others. Makes it even worse for BTB because CE rarely appears, and when it does good luck getting enough votes. And Halo 4 fans have to deal with no 2v2, no TS and no 4v4's.

Matchmaking in TMCC is terrible.

You're on TB. Plenty of CE players on there you can ask to play with.
Not talking about 2v2's. No one on that forum would want to play CE BTB Custom Games, especially not more than once or twice, same probably goes for 4v4.

"You came to the wrong hood, son." I feel like I'm asking to sacrifice a baby goat whenever asking a CE fan to play another Halo game, and I'm sure Halo 4 fans probably feel the same when people vote for Halo 3 BTB AR starts lol

What a strange community.

Is it always like this?

Yes
No
Maybe...
What's it to ya new guy? Huh!

Who could anyone think Halo 4 has the best BTB. I don't think I've seen anyone ever say that

I wouldn't say the best BTB, that's reserved for Halo 2/3, 3 by a nose though. Halo 4 BTB hit some really decent highs, a few maps and objective games were quite fun and if you had a good team match competitiveness was there. Regarding BTB it's H3 > H2 clan objective > H4 Turbo & legendary settings > CE. I have high hopes for H5 BTB/new mode on dedis, very high hopes.

I'm wondering where the next bulletin/blog is? When the next MCC playlist update is? We're almost at 2 weeks with no blogs and almost a month for video bulletin. I'm sure they're still busy patching and prepping E3 but damned if I don't want that objective playlist real bad. Also keeping a party together and having to restart MCC/console still after this latest update really sucks. Last night we had a good party of 8 organised and the night before a party of 6 but both night had to abandon playing MCC because we couldn't even play customs. Getting 8 players to restart MCC just to play customs that work 1 in 3 times while still having latency nowhere near a local Melbourne Azure DC just isn't fun or in a working condition.

We love Halo and want to play MCC plenty. Right now it's 1 patch forward and 1 patch backwards.

-Ryn

Banned
Spot on with your posts. It's pretty sad when people think the Halo 4 launched in a good state (no ranks, shit playlist management, FILE SHARE?, no red x's) and 343 has consistently not given us patches promised (H3) or botched them (Reach).

Even Halo 5 beta had issues - having to back out almost after every game was my issue. Yes, it's a beta and I'm willing to give them the doubt for that - but what about playlist management for it? Why take away BR/AR starts at the end? What about MCC?

Like you mentioned, H3 still hasn't been updated, most of H2 is still SMG starts, and Team Hardcore still has no H3 in it. Which was promised from launch.

There's being skeptical with good reasoning, which is what Henery does, and then there's people ignoring how the devs can't even update their playlists for fucks sake. If they can't - give us a reason why? Where's that write-up we were promised back in Nov/December? Anyone?
Henery does make some perfectly valid points and his position to hold off on hype is a sound one.

However

It also makes just as much sense to be hyped for H5. The beta's issues could've stemmed from multiple sources such as (the obvious one) it was a beta, it was being run through a crap ass platform that had a dozen of its own issues, or even the Xbox itself being shit because of them supposedly testing out a new matchmaking whatchamajigger.

343 has had a crazy history

Halo 4 was made whilst they were still getting the studio together and had to be outsourced a bit. There was a lot of bullshit going on during that time (on the game and PR sides of things) that left a lot of us pissed off (myself included) and salty as all hell. Still though, even at launch the game was functional. It just sucked.

343 slowly started to get better after that and even improved H4 pretty nicely (I still don't really like the game but whatevs).

Then the MCC was announced and holy shit it was like Father Christmas had gone and had a threesome with Microsoft and 343; banging them with the gift of giving. Our dream had come true that we never thought possible. Eventually it was released though and it turned out that Father Christmas forgot the gift of hindsight and so for whatever reason the MCC was rushed out for a holiday release without even getting to brush its teeth or wake up for that matter.

After this people were (and still are) rightfully salty about the whole ordeal and very unsure who to trust.

Nobody knows what the fuck happened to this dream project or who's at fault. Some peoples choose to believe 343 is at fault to varying degrees but ultimately should take full responsibility. Others are more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt since the MCC was outsourced to hell apparently and 343 already had a full plate with Halo 5 and the beta. It's really hard to say because it's such an unclear mess.

Then there's the beta. Which happened. And holy sweet butter balls it was glorious (apparently). People were posting like crazy with cool ass clips, screenshots, making montages, and even saying it may be one of the best Halo's yet. Felt like for the first time in a while you could say #weback without irony. Sure there were some issues but the game itself was solid and between the beta feedback and the great communication from 343 it was a ride. Supposedly H5 is the first Halo completely developed in house. So now people are excited by it and willing to give 343 another shot.

Some are cautiously optimistic, others are riding the Hype train like Father Christmas on Microsofts ass. And some still aren't ready to trust 343 again. All valid positions. Each with their own well reasoned arguments. So let's try to avoid shitting on each other for feeling one way or another and instead

D I S C U S S.

As for the explanation, Frankie said he would give it once the MCC was in an acceptable state and from what I can tell, it isn't.

What a strange community.

Is it always like this?
You have no idea

Henery does make some perfectly valid points and his position to hold off on hype is a sound one.

However

It also makes just as much sense to be hyped for H5. The beta's issues could've stemmed from multiple sources such as (the obvious one) it was a beta, it was being run through a crap ass platform that had a dozen of its own issues, or even the Xbox itself being shit because of them supposedly testing out a new matchmaking whatchamajigger.

Halo 4 was made whilst they were still getting the studio together and had to be outsourced a bit. There was a lot of bullshit going on during that time (on the game and PR sides of things) that left a lot of us pissed off (myself included) and salty as all hell. Still though, even at launch the game was functional. It just sucked.

343 slowly started to get better after that and even improved H4 pretty nicely (I still don't really like the game but whatevs).

Then the MCC was announced and holy shit it was like Father Christmas had gone and had a threesome with Microsoft and 343; banging them with the gift of giving. Our dream had come true that we never thought possible. Eventually it was released though and it turned out that Father Christmas forgot the gift of hindsight and so for whatever reason the MCC was rushed out for a holiday release without even getting to brush its teeth or wake up for that matter.

After this people were (and still are) rightfully salty about the whole ordeal and very unsure who to trust.

Nobody knows what the fuck happened to this dream project or who's at fault. Some peoples choose to believe 343 is at fault to varying degrees but ultimately should take full responsibility. Others are more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt since the MCC was outsourced to hell apparently and 343 already had a full plate with Halo 5 and the beta. It's really hard to say because it's such an unclear mess.

Then there's the beta. Which happened. And holy sweet butter balls it was glorious (apparently). People were posting like crazy with cool ass clips, screenshots, making montages, and even saying it may be one of the best Halo's yet. Felt like for the first time in a while you could say #weback without irony. Sure there were some issues but the game itself was solid and between the beta feedback and the great communication from 343 it was a ride. Supposedly H5 is the first Halo completely developed in house. So now people are excited by it and willing to give 343 another shot.

Some are cautiously optimistic, others are riding the Hype train like Father Christmas on Microsofts ass. And some still aren't ready to trust 343 again. All valid positions. Each with their own well reasoned arguments. So let's try to avoid shitting on each other for feeling one way or another and instead

D I S C U S S.

As for the explanation, Frankie said he would give it once the MCC was in an acceptable state and from what I can tell, it isn't.

qqTHpWk.gif

However

D I S C U S S.

You have no idea

Your complementary HaloFest branded knee pads are in the mail.

Yo, there should be a rule with gifs being a certain size (<5mb). RIP Chrome. Come on now fellas.

Honestly. I've made posts with almost 500MB worth of gifs in them. I feel terrible about it to this day. GAF needs to get on that webm support real bad. I've compared, and one of my favourite Halo gifs is 42MB and less than 500KB as a webm.

The mind game here is that it's never going to be fixed.

I'm telling you, Frank chose to be banned. He doesn't make mistakes anymore, he's learned from his years at Bungie. Reason he doesn't care about posting here anymore is because his homies are all banned or nonexistent. He's a Halo 3 HaloGAF BK too, Josh is the True Homie of HaloGAF. How he called people out with escaping always being a thing in Halo was hilarious, and very true. Sprint hardly makes it any worse than the long kill times of previous Halo games, at least now we see Halo gameplay won't be an inconsistent, sluggish snoozefest.

I've just learned why Josh is the Internet Batman.

EDIT:
Try all you want, but the CE pistol is never coming back.
I'm feeling good about this one.

FyreWulff

I know, Destiny post, but since it's related to potential Halo DLC discussion, they announced today that they're making Destiny's first PvP DLC free to everyone once the new DLC releases. That's pretty cool and they get what they wanted to do with Halo 3's DLC back.

Hopefully 343 is seeing this and is going to work on not splitting Halo 5's userbase with the Mattrick-era DLC policy again.

-Ryn

Banned
The power of Microsoft Edge.
2edgy4me

Really love the look but dammit Spartan sounded better

Well I haven't been here for a day and this is pages late at this point, but fuck it.

NEW THREAD HYPE!
somethingsomethingbetteroutthaninsomethingbutts

The mind game here is that it's never going to be fixed.

I'm telling you, Frank chose to be banned. He doesn't make mistakes anymore, he's learned from his years at Bungie. Reason he doesn't care about posting here anymore is because his homies are all banned or nonexistent. He's a Halo 3 HaloGAF BK too, Josh is the True Homie of HaloGAF. How he called people out with escaping always being a thing in Halo was hilarious, and very true. Sprint hardly makes it any worse than the long kill times of previous Halo games, at least now we see Halo gameplay won't be an inconsistent, sluggish snoozefest.

I've just learned why Josh is the Internet Batman.

EDIT:
I'm feeling good about this one.
Truth

Frankie is still our homie though. Dude's probably got some bombastic plans up in that glorious chrome dome.

Hire me Frankie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom