• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I never got my ODST code, weird. But if it doesn't have Bumper Jumper then I guess I'm in no rush to play it, lol.

SaganIsGOAT

Looks like the lighting is broken on uplift reserve...

18273075912_0baa00981f_o.png

18089062688_6c5d8c5b7d_o.png

18089145180_93dd96215b_o.png

Henery, what did the patch do? Any real improvements?

CE pistol felt about as effective as the Halo 3 one in the single match I played of it. At least the zoom sound effect has been reinstated. I agree that the hit detection beep should be an option. Overall I just feel like CE over XBL isn't meant to be. It wasn't designed for it and the 'rules' change drastically every game depending on who's host, at least in my perception. I unloaded 12 magnum rounds on a guy not strafing, which only appeared to pop his shields, then smacked him dead on and he didn't even flinch.

There's a nice touch in the lobby where it'll only display 'player found' until the game's locked in. Helps prevent players backing out if they see someone they don't like.

Proper speech notifiers made a marked difference; I heard more people talking today than the last six months of MCC.

The biggest disappointment - and I just knew they were going to leave it like this - is that the good work of putting Objective gametypes at the front of the voting screen in the Halo 3 list is rendered completely pointless because every single Objective variant is still exclusively an AR start. So as it stands there is no way to play the timeless classic that is CTF on The Pit with a BR start. Yes, the guarantee of a Slayer BR start in the second slot is welcome progress over six months of all too often seeing 3 different varieties of AR starts in that list. However, two thirds of the options are now always AR starts.

I'd genuinely love to get some insight from 343 as to why this is? It's a conspicuous divergence from the other games in the collection: CE always has its precision pistol start, Halo 2C/A have BR start objectives and Halo 4 offers the players the flexibility and choice of the load out system. Why are Halo 3 fans not allowed to play playable objective settings when every other game is catered to? Is it intentional or is it an over sight? It's something that really ought to be cleared up before the playlist goes ranked in the next few days. Halo 3 is also the only game in the collection which isn't configured to have a precision weapon start in Rumble Pit, effectively making its inclusion in FFA a write off for large swathes of long term Halo fans, who, presumably, are the target audience of a legacy collection product.

zychi

Banned
I wish Halo MCC had not launched a steaming disaster so much so that I sold my XB1 and have 0 hype for Halo 5 as a result.

:(

#HaloIsDeadToMe

Not here to be a jerk. Just yeah... Sold my XB1 because of the heartache that game gave me. I'll probably watch a play through of H5 so I'm up on the story, but that's about it.

Right there with you man. Bought the x1 for the MCC. Gears remaster might bring me back, but I'm done with Xbox as a brand for a while.

To be fair, there's really nothing on ps4 I want either. Pretty much just Disgaea 5 and Uncharted 4. Really hoping either company blows me away come e3.

SaganIsGOAT

So looks like 343 fucked up Halo 1 once again by changing things that didn't need to be changed. Who the hell is working over there? It's honestly embarassing at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWoE12kle0s

YouTube Description

I think maybe the devs looked at the magnetism/auto-aim code again and said "I don't know what these numbers mean. This is too complicated. Just set magnetism to OFF. That will probably fix it."

I am assuming this is you?

Marty O'Donnell, Martin O'Donnell, The Elder?

That was his dancing easter egg, they replaced him with Frank O'Connor's Character "Beamish" from Forward Unto Dawn.

I like to know why or at least theorize on it.

Frank O'Connor is the composer of the Halo games though, he's always been there/

jem0208

So looks like 343 fucked up Halo 1 once again by changing things that didn't need to be changed. Who the hell is working over there? It's honestly embarassing at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWoE12kle0s

Git gud.

Seriously though, I played a game on HeH just a few minutes ago and whilst it's definitely harder to hit I was still hitting a lot more consistently than that. Got a few cross map kills at least.

Akai__

CE pistol felt about as effective as the Halo 3 one in the single match I played of it. At least the zoom sound effect has been reinstated. I agree that the hit detection beep should be an option. Overall I just feel like CE over XBL isn't meant to be. It wasn't designed for it and the 'rules' change drastically every game depending on who's host, at least in my perception. I unloaded 12 magnum rounds on a guy not strafing, which only appeared to pop his shields, then smacked him dead on and he didn't even flinch.

There's a nice touch in the lobby where it'll only display 'player found' until the game's locked in. Helps prevent players backing out if they see someone they don't like.

Proper speech notifiers made a marked difference; I heard more people talking today than the last six months of MCC.

The biggest disappointment - and I just knew they were going to leave it like this - is that the good work of putting Objective gametypes at the front of the voting screen in the Halo 3 list is rendered completely pointless because every single Objective variant is still exclusively an AR start. So as it stands there is no way to play the timeless classic that is CTF on The Pit with a BR start. Yes, the guarantee of a Slayer BR start in the second slot is welcome progress over six months of all too often seeing 3 different varieties of AR starts in that list. However, two thirds of the options are now always AR starts.

I'd genuinely love to get some insight from 343 as to why this is? It's a conspicuous divergence from the other games in the collection: CE always has its precision pistol start, Halo 2C/A have BR start objectives and Halo 4 offers the players the flexibility and choice of the load out system. Why are Halo 3 fans not allowed to play playable objective settings when every other game is catered to? Is it intentional or is it an over sight? It's something that really ought to be cleared up before the playlist goes ranked in the next few days. Halo 3 is also the only game in the collection which isn't configured to have a precision weapon start in Rumble Pit, effectively making its inclusion in FFA a write off for large swathes of long term Halo fans, who, presumably, are the target audience of a legacy collection product.

Thanks. Looks like I will stay away from MP a little bit longer. Maybe I'll be back when Halo 3 gets added to Hardcore or when Objective gametypes are also BR starts.

It took 1080p for me to really appreciate the cold, soulless stare emanating from our ancestor.

Makes sense seeing how it would take a cold, soulless person to add bloom and armor abilities to Halo.

The cavemen's faces were modeled after Marcus Lehto, the Creative Director for Reach.

Just kidding, love you Marcus.

First game of BTB was three plots on Remnant. The MM only took around a minute, so that was nice. Unfortunately when the game finally loaded it was 8v6, plus someone else eventually quit, so it was 8v5.

At least the map was good!

Im really getting pissed with that Matchmaking in general. Why the fuck do i always get the kids in my team that dont fucking know how to use a controller? Oh and on top of that a guest that cant distinguish between enemy and his own team. So i have to deal with a kid that betrays...

I really dont care about this quit penalties when i always get matched witch such kids. Thats fucking annoying anf not fun.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Im really getting pissed with that Matchmaking in general. Why the fuck do i always get the kids in my team that dont fucking know how to use a controller? Oh and on top of that a guest that cant distinguish between enemy and his own team. So i have to deal with a kid that betrays...

I really dont care about this quit penalties when i always get matched witch such kids. Thats fucking annoying anf not fun.
Those are questions that have existed for as long as Halo as been online. Shit happens.

git bad.

Play with a party.

Those are questions that have existed for as long as Halo as been online. Shit happens.

Uhm ive never experienced it so many times on 360... it feels like this new generation of consoles is the generation of kids with no thumbs.

It shouldnt be impossible to play alone and still having competent team mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom