• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait BTB is 8v8 again? Thank the lord.

Laggy as hell. Wtf

Yep. Had a BTB match earlier in the day. Had the options of Slayer on Bloodline, Assault on Last Resort, or Slayer on Daybreak. For some stupid reason, Daybreak got 8 votes. No lag whatsoever, but it was only one match.

Mix

He died as he lived. Being a huge butt.

giphy.gif

Elzar was my original bae, hope you're doing well <3

RowdyReverb

I wonder if this will be the last CU for MCC. I'm not sure what else needs fixing/adding at this point aside from the occaisional UI bug. 8v8 BTB and file share were the last things I was waiting on and the other issues like AR starts in H3 objective have more to do with playlist management than functionality.

Madness

I wonder if this will be the last CU for MCC. I'm not sure what else needs fixing/adding at this point aside from the occaisional UI bug. 8v8 BTB and file share were the last things I was waiting on and the other issues like AR starts in H3 objective have more to do with playlist management than functionality.

One issue I hope they can tackle is the emblems in game during Halo 2 and Halo 3. Also, maybe try and figure out some way to get the Champions DLC of Halo 4 back in the game. Mark V armor etc. There's more stuff for sure but I can't remember it right now.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Sagan's ban message

You have been banned for the following reason: You jumped the gun on creating a scaremongering thread about the release of ODST and then continued to post in bad faith and backpedal when your hypothesis was proven incorrect. Take some time off, and don't make any rumor-mongering threads like this again. Date the ban will be lifted: 06-30-2015, 07:00 PM

#NotAllGoatse

Karl2177

Sagan's ban message

You have been banned for the following reason: You jumped the gun on creating a scaremongering thread about the release of ODST and then continued to post in bad faith and backpedal when your hypothesis was proven incorrect. Take some time off, and don't make any rumor-mongering threads like this again. Date the ban will be lifted: 06-30-2015, 07:00 PM

#NotAllGoatse

Bad faith == butt faith

Still performance issues in campaigns and 2 of the H2 - anniversary maps.

Plus you don't stick with a party in matchmaking, it kicks you back to the playlist select. The game is getting better, but it is still far from finished.

Cow

This latest patch was the biggest improvement yet. Gone from struggling to get a game in one playlist to easily getting a game in any playlist. Games load consistently, menus are more consistent, MCC definitely worth it now.

RowdyReverb

One issue I hope they can tackle is the emblems in game during Halo 2 and Halo 3. Also, maybe try and figure out some way to get the Champions DLC of Halo 4 back in the game. Mark V armor etc. There's more stuff for sure but I can't remember it right now.
Oh yeah, that's right. I had grown so accustomed to never seeing custom emblems in-game that I forgot it wasn't intended behavior.

Still performance issues in campaigns and 2 of the H2 - anniversary maps.

Plus you don't stick with a party in matchmaking, it kicks you back to the playlist select. The game is getting better, but it is still far from finished.
Are you talking about rematches with the same group of people? It was speculated that it might be difficult to implement that feature from H3/H4 in a way that worked with XB1's changes to parties and have it work across 5 different games. It would be nice to have, but I don't know if I'd go as far as to call it a missing feature.
Performance issues are there on some of the H2A maps though, especially in split screen. There's also some visible low LOD when you look across long expanses on Bloodline (e.g. from behind one base to the wall behind the other). I wouldn't expect a patch for that stuff though since it usually works well enough.

TheXbox

Halo 3 needs another patch. Aim acceleration is still fucky, as is the audio. Not to mention the HUD doesn't fit screens that aren't 1080. Lots of lighting issues as well, which I'm not sure are easily resolvable. Frequent crashing in MM might still be a problem as well. I don't know if this last patch took care of that.

At any rate the aim acceleration and audio are absolute musts.

blamite

Why is one-sided Territories on Avalanche in BTB? It's such a lame, slow gametype.

More inportantly, are H3's Hornet controls ever going to be fixed? In the original game you controlled altitude by holding up or down on the right stick, but in the MCC, Ruffian for some reason decided to replace this with H4's Pelican controls, where ascending and descending are each mapped to a separate button. With Recon this means A to go up, X to go down, which makes combat takeoffs and landings almost impossible without using some kind of crazy claw maneuver to aim. At this point I'm chalking this up as something that's just going to be ignored forever (like using LB to swap grenades in H2A), but it's a little change that makes a HUGE difference in how the Hornet functions, and it's definitely NOT "exactly as you remember it."

Cow

I wonder if that post mortem will be coming soon. Would you guys say the MCC is finally in an acceptable state?

The hero we need

Yeah wonder how that post mortem is going. MCC is in an acceptable state I'd say now, just needs a few tweaks here and there. Matchmaking is so much better.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Don't worry, once the buyout is finished, biggy'll have the same problems.

Hopefully they buy Comcast next so everyone can be up shit creek together.

Yeah wonder how that post mortem is going. MCC is in an acceptable state I'd say now, just needs a few tweaks here and there. Matchmaking is so much better.

It's probably in cert right now.

dwells

I wonder if that post mortem will be coming soon. Would you guys say the MCC is finally in an acceptable state?
If they fixed the ranking system and did some decent playlist management, it would be close. Still some glaring issues though.

EDIT: Scratch that. I've been searching BTB for fifteen minutes now without a game. Four times it's made it to the map voting screen and then crashed back to searching. Come on.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I don't think you realize how big Comcast is...

My ISP is apparently 7th-largest in the country, and I have nothing but praise to be perfectly honest.

TDS keeps trying to break into a smaller city nearby with a fiber network, but I think their workers keep "committing suicide" or something since it hasn't gotten anywhere in nearly a decade.
Either that or Charter owns the city council and is having non of that.

-Ryn

Banned
I imagine it'll probably be released sometime after E3 when people are in better spirits. Which I mean, I wouldn't blame him.

If they fixed the ranking system and did some decent playlist management, it would be close. Still some glaring issues though.

EDIT: Scratch that. I've been searching BTB for fifteen minutes now without a game. Four times it's made it to the map voting screen and then crashed back to searching. Come on.
Yikes

Hopefully things will start to smooth out soon. I feel like I've heard that some playlists are more stable than others. Or am I crazy?

I don't think you realize how big Comcast is...

My ISP is apparently 7th-largest in the country, and I have nothing but praise to be perfectly honest.
Do you have the Baja Blast package?

Omni

ODST doesn't hold up as well as I thought it did. Even visually it looks worse than Halo 3 to me. Seems to be some kind of weird filter over everything... And the text is making my eyes sore.

Also. I was excited to play Relic but BTB still doesn't work for me apparently. I don't even know. I've waited a good 10 minutes now... Says "players found" but never goes beyond that. I know it's not my connection. Oh well. Back to Witcher 3.

dwells

Searched matchmaking with a team of four, it said restarting search, made an awful screeching noise, and all four of us had the game hard crash to dashboard. Excellent.

HTupolev

Started ODST.

Looks like the shadow rendering offset bug has been fixed, and in Halo 3 as well. Nice.

The ODST cutscene animations ported so poorly to 60fps that I think I might prefer 30fps cutscenes.

Seems like there might be some gameplay changes? i.e. the brute in the pack at the start of the game seems to like being way ahead of his buddies on lower difficulties. o_O

The brightness curves are bad for Mombasa Streets. Ugh.

Still issues with sound mixing and filtering.

AlStrong

Started ODST.

Looks like the shadow rendering offset bug has been fixed, and in Halo 3 as well. Nice.

Gooood.

The ODST cutscene animations ported so poorly to 60fps that I think I might prefer 30fps cutscenes.

:(

Seems like there might be some gameplay changes? i.e. the brute in the pack at the start of the game seems to like being way ahead of his buddies on lower difficulties. o_O

D:

jem0208

Started ODST.

I didn't notice any of this...

What's wrong with the cutscenes?

Akai__

So, the latest patch reset a coupple of Playlist checkpoints. I have a buddy who was at Halo 4 Composer and on Halo CE Two Betrayals in the LASO playlists and now it shows the 1st missions for him again, with the progress reset to 0. I also saw somebody mentioning it in one of the ODST threads, but I had no clue if it actually was the patch casuing it or a corrupt save file. Anyone else affected?

Pretty frustrating for him, because it took him quite some time to get there. I'm glad I did them in time
, eventhough I cheated.

Edit: Just checked my dummy account and the progress is gone. Except for Halo 3.

Gandie

I really got bad at Halo. Struggling with the first hunter encounter in ODST on Legendary. Am I supposed to just run past them?

FyreWulff

I really got bad at Halo. Struggling with the first hunter encounter in ODST on Legendary. Am I supposed to just run past them?

Yeah. You can run and hide in the building behind them

And then they'll follow you in and make you jump when you realized they got better AI since 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom