• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booties

Banned
I remember being excited for this game, but the price tag makes me think it sucks. I also think I heard the story was dumb and the gameplay still as clunky as it was in Bioshock 1

Nebula

As annoying as it can be, having to wait longer for an announced game means potentially more dev time and/or testing time. I'd rather see 3 year cycles for moat releases to be honest. Depending on the size of the project of course.

Saw the blog for 2014 games from MS. Halo is not there. Stealth delay?

http://news.xbox.com/2013/12/games-the-best-of-2014-on-xbox

Weird. I doubt it, but hey, if it needs it I won't complain.

Didn't CBOAT refer to 343 as a "sinking ship" or something?

CBOAT definitely is reliable, but perhaps a bit dramatic at times. It wouldn't surprise me if things were a pinch hectic at 343, they have gone through a lot of key member changes. That said, I'll remain optimistic.

Nebula

I8xFdua.png

Fuchsdh

I remember being excited for this game, but the price tag makes me think it sucks. I also think I heard the story was dumb and the gameplay still as clunky as it was in Bioshock 1

The gunplay is loads better than it was in Bioshock 1--you only carry two weapons at a time, upgrading is much simpler, and you actually have ranged weapons like carbines and sniper rifles. The replacements for plasmids basically all work the same in terms of using them or setting traps with them and again you only have two to quick-wield so you don't have to jump out of combat to juggle your items as much. Skyhooks aren't all that amazing but they offer some additional sandbox options for engaging enemies. You can call in weapons or NPCs that make the most strategic sense for your play style during battles.

It's not a sandbox game like Halo, but then again it doesn't try to be. The story is solid, if a bit pretentious, but the characters make up for most of the silliness. I got it at $50 and considered it worth the price, it's worth it at $15.

I tried the Bioshock demo(first one) and loved it. The game came out and never got around to it. Played it at a friend's house and hated it. It was clunky, not fun, and boring.

Haven't been interested in the series since.

daedalius

So who's getting Halo Spartan Assault?

For the Bone? For the 360?

I'm looking to hear if the controls have been improved, my gamepad on my computer was pretty spotty when I played it on Win8.

If it has been improved, I'd rather get it on the bone but scrubby friends will probly make me get it on 360.

Happy holidays to you too, gotta try this bad boy soon
EDIT: lol no image from that tequila.

So who's getting Halo Spartan Assault?

For the Bone? For the 360?

I honestly didnt pass of the 6 missions, just unlocked the dlc stuff and never play it again and the "new" price wont help to buy it

I tried the Bioshock demo(first one) and loved it. The game came out and never got around to it. Played it at a friend's house and hated it. It was clunky, not fun, and boring.

Haven't been interested in the series since.

If the lore dont interest you to play the game, yeah its hella slow and boring its just the same bioshock but in the sky
and more racism

nillapuddin

DeadNames being a badass, thanks for the FEZ bud
Very excited, will play with my girlfriend for sure, better quality time than her watching my EOD bot escapades

OIAH just uploaded some gameplay from Hotshot Slayer

Edit: I'll be updaing Headhunter and VIP before releasing Sabotage. The complete list is as follows:

Headhunter 1.1:

Added support for Teams.
Added "Confirmed Kill" option so picked skulls instantly add up to your player score (Confirmed kill won't be the final name).
Scoring system updated
VIP 1.1

Added option for One Sided VIP

If you have any other suggestions now it's the ideal moment.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I doubt it means anything but I wouldn't be too surprised, especially if Titanfall is a success.

Didn't CBOAT refer to 343 as a "sinking ship" or something?

I don't think he ever mentioned us. BTW, for the record, CBOAT's good batting average was about the same as say, a tester based in a 2nd or 3rd party studio who was hearing some items through the grapevine and often not understanding what the shipping version would be. Then when his average declined, it was really apparent he was getting really half assed, weeks out of date reports from somebody else on or near the frontlines. Eventually it was apparent he was in no meaningful way, in possession of any current knowledge whatsoever.

As for 343, we're growing and hiring. So maybe the 343BOAT will sink because we overloaded it with people.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
How is the Max game? What game is it like?

Gameplay is very much a blend of chill-paced "easy controlling" platformers (Limbo, Braid, but really lots of older 90s efforts) with a "cute" game mechanic for solving puzzles - while you are jumping and climbing, you hold the right trigger to manipulate a magic marker that can draw objects into existence or delete them. Sooo dumb example - you can't make a jump, so you draw a new platform out of the ground to span the gap. But the puzzles ramp up in complexity all the time.

The cinematics and presentation are nice. My daughter LOVES it.

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't think he ever mentioned us. BTW, for the record, CBOAT's good batting average was about the same as say, a tester based in a 2nd or 3rd party studio who was hearing some items through the grapevine and often not understanding what the shipping version would be. Then when his average declined, it was really apparent he was getting really half assed, weeks out of date reports from somebody else on or near the frontlines. Eventually it was apparent he was in no meaningful way, in possession of any current knowledge whatsoever.

As for 343, we're growing and hiring. So maybe the 343BOAT will sink because we overloaded it with people.

The thing with CBOAT was like you said in the early phases of console reveals he had a good chane to hit on the head, but as more was known and finalized the more vague he became.

The sentence "leavin the sinking ship" related to Corrinne's change of studios could be interpreted in so many ways that he could easily say later "that's what I meant".

He for sure is in the industry, but he is no big player.

Fracas

#fuckonami

He was definitely wrong about what was described as glaring problems concerning the XB1's launch, but I still feel he knows some things. I don't doubt that snapping and other OS issues existed at one point (it's obvious that both consoles were rushed), but I'm not surprised that these issues were fixed.

Of course, you know more than I do.

Uncalled for Cboat to jump the gun on you guys. Kind of on his high horse to make statements the way he did on Gaf.

Glad to hear 343 is progressing more and more

Uncalled for Cboat to jump the gun on you guys. Kind of on his high horse to make statements the way he did on Gaf.

Glad to hear 343 is progressing more and more

Well it doesn't help that tons and tons of people were gobbling up everything he said like it was the gospel from sweet baby Jesus.

Sure, I tuned in to what he said but as time went on it became more and more apparent that we couldn't really trust everything he was saying.

TheOddOne

On a scale of 1 to Mikkelsen, how hyped are you for season 2 of Hannibal?

Karl2177

Rush Slayer

As for Anniversary Slayer... I currently have no plans for it, it'd require me to learn about the TU values which I'm not familiarized with.

At least One Sided Sabotage and Team Sabotage are shaping up nicely :/

Messing with the bloom and damage values is really erratic. It successfully compiled twice for me out of about twenty or thirty tries.

Also, I picked up Universe Sandbox in the Steam sale and one of the scenarios is Halo at the L1 of Threshold and Basis. So I decided to open it and naturally I blew up the Halo ring. Since Universe Sandbox is basically a gravity simulator, I blew it up into 13 pieces and most of the pieces would end up on Basis, except for one, which would continue its orbit. So I restarted it, and just let the ring circle around until I came up with an idea. I started looking something up on Google and returned to the simulator to see that the ring was gone. I restarted it again, and at the L1 point, the Halo ring will crash into Basis after a short time. So I determined that based on a physics simulator, Halo 1 is impossible.

IS THIS THE ASS STORM?

I never took anything CBOAT said as more than speculation, until more sources came out suggesting the same rumors CBOAT did. Everything was either very vague, pretty obvious, or already been hinted at before by other leaks/rumors. Stuff like Mirror's Edge was hinted by Amazon beforehand, stuff like "It will get worse" is an obvious claim anyone can say. Stuff like "Kinectless SKU" is obvious speculation. Anyone can guess Microsoft would drop the Kinect if required by bad sales. Stuff like "Family Sharing was 60 minute demos" was already suggested beforehand by another report.

Most of the "leaks" were really vague, and if they were specific, they were never anything too revealing and just still pretty easy. "Microsoft is partnering with Platinum for an Exclusive". Cool, what exclusive? :)

I'm seriously laughing at how there are so many posters, when ANYTHING negative, small or big, for the Xbox One is brought up, they post "Is this the ass storm?". It's so silly.

I was wondering how it felt to be working at Microsoft and read his leaks that were obviously wrong. Did you guys just laugh or did it worry you that users would actually believe it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom