• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

m23

I agree, but if Canada is so awesome why does the majority of the population live near the U.S border?

;)

Also, everyone knows French Canada is best Canada.

Well most of the business in Canada is done with the US, business locating themselves near the border makes it easier to work with US businesses. In order to make money people need jobs, and most jobs are close to the border, therefore most of our population lives near the border for the sole purpose of making a comfortable amount of money.

Plus its cold as hell up here, how far North do we need to live?

kylej

Banned
Anyone see this montage yet?

Its fricking insane.

Either After Effects has become really easy to use, or some hella talented people are making montages these days. That was amazing.

edit. dude needs to slow down a bit on some of those cuts though, rewatching and I can't even enjoy some of the clips because the cuts are too fast.

heckfu

Banned
Either After Effects has become really easy to use, or some hella talented people are making montages these days. That was amazing.

edit. dude needs to slow down a bit on some of those cuts though, rewatching and I can't even enjoy some of the clips because the cuts are too fast.

And cut the length. Cool effects and video, but Tashi seemed to have the right length down.

that was pretty epic. amazing editing. any other must see halo related montages, reach or otherwise?
Sandman Pure is my favorite, from the Reach Beta.

Doesn't spend a whole minute on "Presented by" wankery, isn't overproduced, and has plenty of snippets of uncut gameplay - not just individual kills, but entire killtrocities and the like. Like any montage video though, the music may or may not drive you nuts. I'm fine with it.

Stick around after the credits too ;P

heckfu

Banned
Favorite of all time is Maptacular by Insidious. Before all the after effects garbage and fancy graphic modifiers. Just classic gameplay and home brewed ingenuity.

edit: Jesus, I can tell when I'm procrastinating because I blow up HaloGAF. Apologies for over-posting.

Fuchsdh

Doesn't spend a whole minute on "Presented by" wankery, isn't overproduced, and has plenty of snippets of uncut gameplay - not just individual kills, but entire killtrocities and the like. Like any montage video though, the music may or may not drive you nuts. I'm fine with it.

Even if it's not your cup of tea, the music wins points by not being dramatically offensive. My issue with montages is not that the music is horrible, necessarily, it's that it's loud and detracts from the screen action.

Definitely appreciate intros that aren't 1/3 of the 'tage length :)

Man, I must have forgot the beta for this shitty game, but MAN that pistol was godlike.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
thanks for all the suggestions, added them all to watch latter. keep em coming

zap

Zap's expectations

None-----------------Reasonable---------------------------x-Batshit

:lol

Drop the campaigns from Halo games, perfectly recreate every good Halo 2 and Halo 3 map, include in game. Ignore the cries from nerds who read Halo novels and post on HBO. Ship it, guaranteed 20+ million seller.

This would be AMAZING, but unfortunately it'd probably only sell 2-5mill :(

I just wish there was some kind of "import previous maps" system in each game, ala Rock Band.

I realise that the maps wouldn't necessarily work due to tweaks and changes, but damn if it wouldn't be great to be playing Halo 6 with all maps from prior Halo games. I don't care if the Halo 1 and 2 maps look bad, they play amazing. Also, they look better than Forge maps.

This would be AMAZING, but unfortunately it'd probably only sell 2-5mill :(

I just wish there was some kind of "import previous maps" system in each game, ala Rock Band.

I realise that the maps wouldn't necessarily work due to tweaks and changes, but damn if it wouldn't be great to be playing Halo 6 with all maps from prior Halo games. I don't care if the Halo 1 and 2 maps look bad, they play amazing. Also, they look better than Forge maps.

I agree with you on the import maps feature, but not the strip out campaign.

Don't most people who play the game just play Campaign? I thought that was the whole reason for Spartan Ops.

Lord Mongoose's First Goosetage : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPdIRCUigJA

Gaf's own phatcorns's Beastly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDgUU7PiMnI

Oh I remember that Goostage. Awesome stuff there, that is what I find unique and entertaining in montages.

zap

I agree with you on the import maps feature, but not the strip out campaign.

Don't most people who play the game just play Campaign? I thought that was the whole reason for Spartan Ops.

Oh I remember that Goostage. Awesome stuff there, that is what I find unique and entertaining in montages.

Oh I do enjoy Campaign, but I don't get anywhere near as much value out of it as I do multiplayer.

I play through the story twice, then only play multiplayer from then on. If all resources were spent on multiplayer, I would get a lot more enjoyment out of it. I realise this would never happen, but it's nice to dream.

Oh I do enjoy Campaign, but I don't get anywhere near as much value out of it as I do multiplayer.

I play through the story twice, then only play multiplayer from then on. If all resources were spent on multiplayer, I would get a lot more enjoyment out of it. I realise this would never happen, but it's nice to dream.

What about a "core edition" that only includes multiplayer and is sold over Games on Demand for $30-$40?

I've gone for 3 or 4 runs with each campaign starting with Halo 3. Solo heroic, solo legendary, co-op heroic, co-op legendary. Co-op heroic can be too easy at times but its still fun.

That number would go up dramatically if we could customize our loadouts when replaying missions - and that goes for all shooters really.

FyreWulff

something something no more than 20-25% of sales of Halo game results in a unique gamertag appearing online something something

Not even CoD can break 50%.

Yes, this means that, going by each Halo title, a majority of people that bought Halo Anniversary can't even use the 3SK Pistol mode because they can't or do not take their copy online, because 343 left it off the disc. A multiplayer-only Halo would go over as well as a Shadowrun-sized sized bag of bricks.

Every time I dabble in Multiplayer, I'm reminded just how terrible it really is in this game. There's not a playlist in Reach I can have fun in, at all.

You can't even have fun in Halo 3 anymore because you're sitting at the "Finding other players" screen for 30 minutes and 343 won't come back and focus the population down.

zap

What about a "core edition" that only includes multiplayer and is sold over Games on Demand for $30-$40?

I'd still buy campaign version. That would be better (maybe $20-$30) to try and increase the install base to keep multiplayer numbers up, but it doesn't do what removing campaign would do.

Basically I am saying (and I know that I am in the minority here - I realise this will never happen) that I would prefer a Halo game with no campaign, only a solid multiplayer with 20-30 maps, rather than a 10 hour campaign and 10-12 maps (assuming quality is relatively equal).

GhaleonEB

Every time I dabble in Multiplayer, I'm reminded just how terrible it really is in this game. There's not a playlist in Reach I can have fun in, at all.

heckfu

Banned
I'd still buy campaign version. That would be better (maybe $20-$30) to try and increase the install base to keep multiplayer numbers up, but it doesn't do what removing campaign would do.

Basically I am saying (and I know that I am in the minority here - I realise this will never happen) that I would prefer a Halo game with no campaign, only a solid multiplayer with 20-30 maps, rather than a 10 hour campaign and 10-12 maps (assuming quality is relatively equal).

30 maps?

Related: just how much weed do you smoke regularly?

zap

something something no more than 20-25% of sales of Halo game results in a unique gamertag appearing online something something

Not even CoD can break 50%.

Yes, this means that, going by each Halo title, a majority of people that bought Halo Anniversary can't even use the 3SK Pistol mode because they can't or do not take their copy online, because 343 left it off the disc. A multiplayer-only Halo would go over as well as a Shadowrun-sized sized bag of bricks.

I realise that, it's purely a "this is what I would like" - I realise it would never happen and my opinions do not represent the majority of HaloGAF, let alone Halo buyers.

However, what SHOULD happen is a map import tool. There's probably some .map issues though, right? :/

30 maps?

Related: just how much weed do you smoke regularly?

Heh. Think about all the time and effort put into making campaign, cutscenes etc. There is 5-10 hours worth of material there - I would assume that if you redirected all of campaign's resources, you would get at least 20-30 maps in the game (I mean the multi team puts out ~15 right?)

Hey Cyren what's up with game battles it's like I get a dispute every single match and premium members get an advantage over non premium members. Anyways excited for the halo 4 e3 reveal

Top Bottom