• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

The Chief's armor in CEA is so sexy. I hope that version is unlockable in Halo 4.

Also, just completed my Legendary run finally and now I've only got like 6 achievements left. So close to that 1g.

Pick up Kingdom of Heaven on Blu-Ray while you're at it. Might as well have a Ridley Scott marathon.

This I have actually seen, and I really enjoyed it. Think I might have it on DVD, though it wouldn't hurt to get it on Blu-Ray.

Whats it like under that rock?

I partially blame my parents for not letting me watch any movie that wasn't rated PG and under as a child. The past few years I've been trying to catch up on all the movies I had missed.

wwm0nkey

Prometheus does look pretty nuts, so I guess I might as well go find an Alien Blu-Ray. While I'm at it I'll probably try picking up the Blade Runner Blu-Ray as well. Haven't seen that either. :lol

You havent seen Blade Runner either!? What is wrong with you! lol

The Chief's armor in CEA is so sexy. I hope that version is unlockable in Halo 4.

Also, just completed my Legendary run finally and now I've only got like 6 achievements left. So close to that 1g.

I hope 343 makes the Mark VI available in the multiplayer. I ran around with that armor for the entirety of Halo 3's life. Didn't change it once.

This I have actually seen, and I really enjoyed it. Think I might have it on DVD, though it wouldn't hurt to get it on Blu-Ray.

Good man.

And, yes, how about them Halo's?
Still trudging through Primordium. It went and got all slow again. :(

That and I don't think this author can manage to describe anything in a way that puts a half-way decent image in my mind. I don't think I've come across an author that is so damn vague with his descriptions in my life. I mean, I know we're talking crazy Forerunner tech and the like, but damn, at least try to give me something tangible to go on.

It cracks me up to think I might actually dig this book more if it had pictures, because the words aren't doing the ideas justice. Sprinkle the thing with concept art. Something.

You havent seen Blade Runner either!? What is wrong with you! lol
My gobbs are smacked.

Still trudging through Primordium. It went and got all slow again. :(

That and I don't think this author can manage to describe anything in a way that puts a half-way decent image in my mind. I don't think I've come across an author that is so damn vague with his descriptions in my life. I mean, I know we're talking crazy Forerunner tech and the like, but damn, at least try to give me something tangible to go on.

It cracks me up to think I might actually dig this book more if it had pictures, because the words aren't doing the ideas justice. Sprinkle the thing with concept art. Something.

My gobbs are smacked.

How was cryptum for you in that regard? Imagery in that book was amazing for me. But there were only a couple of areas in the second book that reached that level IMO.

Tawpgun

Delete sword and shotgun. Replace Sword with GL, replace Shotgun with Plasma pistol.

Done.

Im curious, who actually manages those weapon placements, 343i or Certain Affinity.

I like countdown with a sniper, Sniper and rockets are the best power weapons ever.

Rockets on Sword bridge
Sniper at concussion rifle spawn
Problem?

Both good suggestions and better than what Countdown has now.

And I also want to know who put powerweapons on those maps.

If I recall the beaver creek variant had 2 grenade launchers, 2 shotguns in each base, 2 snipers, and Rockets and Sword in the middle.

Like, lets be real here.

How was cryptum for you in that regard? Imagery in that book was amazing for me. But there were only a couple of areas in the second that reached that level IMO.
A mixed bag really, like for instance I have a perfectly rendered mental image of the
War Sphinxes and various Forerunner
. His style is probably purposefully vague, but if I know the general shapes he's using it isn't so hard. Its really when he describes particular Forerunner structures - installations, transports, the
crystal city and web
that its just him throwing out geometric shapes randomly ;P Reads more like a C'thulhu fever dream than a description of physical objects inhabiting space.

WTF do you guys keep talking about delusions, first Aliens now Matrix? Do you know of some Matrix sequel that I don't know about? Animatrix doesn't count.

Next thing you know you'll be telling me they made a Devil May Cry 2.

Seriously who gets four stickies in a game let alone a night.

Now that I think about it I don't think I've gotten a sticky in weeks. They are hard in Reach.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously who gets four stickies in a game let alone a night.

Now that I think about it I don't think I've gotten a sticky in weeks. They are hard in Reach.
I only ever pull it off in Elite Slayer FFA. Which is actually somewhat of a guilty pleasure for me.

Frankie, if I say please and smile, can you wave your hand and snap your fingers to make SWAT zero bloom?

Yours truly,
Heckfu

I recall Frankie touting SWAT as a zero bloom adopter before the TU even dropped. What happened with that?

i've seen it a few times but have only played it once or twice. not arguing whether ZB is an improvement or not, but i really dont like having voting options for gametypes that change the way the core game is played. ZB should not be an option in playlists that feature TU or vanilla settings (and vice-versa)

Samesies but with Rocket Hog Race in Multi Team

I'll be honest, I despise rockets. Especially Reach rockets. They've got more splash damage than Rick Waller.

You have to be British and of a certain age to get this one. I lold

I agree with this. I remember lurking in the Halo 3/ODST days and it was almost always game related. This thread is always off topic and it's mostly about dumb stuff.

The other day I checked the thread after 12 hours away and there were 11 new pages to go through. I thought 'aw shit somethings happened here, a Halo 4 megaton has been dropped'. It was 11 pages of nothing, barely any Halo talk. Left disappointed.

Armor Lock and camo should be removed from Halo in general. Why camo is making a return in Halo 4 is beyond me. Increased shield bonuses and invis should always be pickups in my opinion.

Camo can never work as a push button, on demand ability. It is fundamentally unsound, I don't think it could work in any fps, certainly not Halo. A camo user can ruin an otherwise fun match for me. Jetpackers shouldn't be able to fire whilst thrusting.

Please don't use the term insulting. I know people that have been insulted before.

These continue to make me laugh to this day.

District 9 was boring though, so overhyped.
Nope

GravityGun-District9.gif

I really liked District 9 at first, and my appreciation for it died slowly over the course of the movie as it devolved from interesting satire on the African apartheid into Verhoeven grotesqueness and then big stupid fight scenes.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The majority of people who play multi-team are the kind of player who think the starting weapons are the only weapons in Reach and that running straight towards a guy with a shotgun is a good idea.

and that's why i'll occasionally play multi team.

kylej

Banned
The majority of people who play multi-team are the kind of player who think the starting weapons are the only weapons in Reach and that running straight towards a guy with a shotgun is a good idea.

Bungie employees?

In this party we are talking about BBW fish

And we're singing

Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba  
Sithi uhm ingonyama          

Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama

Siyo Nqoba                    
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala    

I played multi-team and Invasion gametypes because I only play Halo with one other person. That and firefight doubles of course.

Sai-kun

Banned

Multi team is great with a full 3 people who are not playing super seriously. Elite Slayer can be a ton of fun when you're just messing around.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I played multi-team and Invasion gametypes because I only play Halo with one other person. That and firefight doubles of course.

I treat multi-team sort of like the action sack playlist. I mainly mess around and dong on randoms. Although sometimes you can get a competitive match, and it's a lot of fun.

Top Bottom