• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I got Spire on BTB last night. Does it not come up that often? No one seemed to know where the vehicles/power weapons were, I kept cycling through sniper/rockets and no one else ever touched them.

I treat multi-team sort of like the action sack playlist. I mainly mess around and dong on randoms. Although sometimes you can get a competitive match, and it's a lot of fun.
that's kind of how all the playlists are. except that the randoms are more often than not on my team in addition to the other team

To this day I haven't gotten a single jackpot in any playlist (read: firefight). Reach truly puts the "jack" in jackpot.

Just felt like sharing ;P

What level are you? Have you never gotten a 4 digit slot machine? I've gotten at least 5, and I don't play terribly often.
Colonel Grade 1 (had to look that up).

I might have gotten a 1200 pointer once, but that didn't feel too jackpot-ish. I was really going for that firefight jackpot this last weekend to no avail. Not that I minded playing the shit out of firefight mind you.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

I might have gotten a 1200 pointer once, but that didn't feel too jackpot-ish. I was really going for that firefight jackpot this last weekend to no avail. Not that I minded playing the shit out of firefight mind you.

Yeah, I think at the lower levels like that 4 digits is a "jackpot."

Hey I seem to have 100ish dollars for a Microsoft Marketplace purchase. I can't recall purchasing anything and need to have this fixed. Except Xbox.com and Microsoft is giving me link after link and its not getting me anywhere. Is there a number I can call?

GhaleonEB

Yeah, I think at the lower levels like that 4 digits is a "jackpot."

The jackpot is 3,000 cR in most playlists; I've only gotten it a couple times in Firefight. I don't think it's tied to level. This weekend the super jackpot (something like 20,000 cR) was in Firefight. I played several games but didn't get it either. I also have terrible luck with them.

"No plans" is not a strong enough dismissal for me. Stamp any possibility of bots into oblivion.
I'd love bots, if even to play the part in multiplayer tutorials for new players. Those (optional) tutorials would fit into the red vs. blue fiction as well.

But I never expected them.

Slot machine payouts are a random cR amount from 0 to 3000. All players that complete the match are awarded the same amount regardless of rank, winning, or losing. A match must last at least 90 seconds to qualify. Some playlists double this amount.

Super Jackpots are very rare (I would estimate 0.1%, or once every thousand games) and they pay out a static amount specified by 343. Super Jackpot weekends work the same way, paying a specified amount to a specific player, although you are 50 times more likely to receive it (5%, or 1 in 20 games, once per day). The amount specified is the same in both instances.

When you receive the Super Jackpot, the amount is displayed in the bottom left at game over, and is added to the slot machine line at the payout screen.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Yup, that's Halo 4.

unhalo.png

Slot machine payouts are a random cR amount from 0 to 3000. All players that complete the match are awarded the same amount regardless of rank, winning, or losing. A match must last at least 90 seconds to qualify. Some playlists double this amount.

Super Jackpots are very rare (I would estimate 0.1%, or once every thousand games) and they pay out a static amount specified by 343. Super Jackpot weekends work the same way, paying a specified amount to a specific player, although you are 50 times more likely to receive it (5%, or 1 in 20 games, once per day). The amount specified is the same in both instances.

When you receive the Super Jackpot, the amount is displayed in the bottom left at game over, and is added to the slot machine line at the payout screen.
Nice details. Still think I should've earned one from my covenant kills this weekend but I'll live. They've just lost any luster in driving me to a playlist.

Yeah. His comment was very specific to the multiplayer map. It's a named vehicle, so it probably plays a role in Campaign.

My first instinct at the idea of controlling some sort of mech in campaign isn't a good one. Mechs, from my experience in games, are slow, clumsy – not fun to fight in.

My first instinct at the idea of controlling some sort of mech in campaign isn't a good one. Mechs, from my experience in games, are slow, clumsy, and so aren't fun to fight in.
Exactly. They're usually just a gimped shooter experience, unless you have tons of destruction involved (red faction guerrilla) or if they're just used as a let-it-all-out reward (escape from butcher bay).

Arnie

The guy personally revealed a new Halo 4 screenshot after my comment this morning but it seems like nobody in the media picked up on it. For shame, gaming journliamsdslfjskjlfsdf

Now that you mention it I'm genuinely surprised someone hasn't.

GhaleonEB

My first instinct at the idea of controlling some sort of mech in campaign isn't a good one. Mechs, from my experience in games, are slow, clumsy – not fun to fight in.

I tried to word my post carefully: I didn't say we'd use them, just that they play a role. Pellicans play a role in campaign as well, but we don't fly them (awesome Reach egg aside). I'm expecting to see those in action at some point. But I agree with you assesment of mechs: it screams slow and clumsy, and if that's the case I don't want it in a Halo campaign.

Top Bottom