• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyReN

Warwood, I'm only free tonight, tomorrow night starting around 7 CST, Friday morning/noon and then Saturday/Sunday night starting around midnight. I understand that barely leaves any room to finish our match, so if I need to get replaced by a backup or something I understand. Sorry guys. :(

I can play whenever.

bunnsize

Neo Member
I'm proud of you, but that's old.

EDIT: You should post more.

Old but appropriate.

Can't post more, I know where/when I'm not wanted.

You know a few weeks back I was thinking it would be cool to have an adopt a junior thing for some of the older members here (not me, I'm relatively new). They adopters could invite them to play some games and introduce them to people in games. They would just kind of help them out.

But then we got these juniors and I realized that my idea only works if we get people who are somewhat mature.

This is very thoughtful, especially with all the anti-junior sentiments around these parts. But what if some of us are here for Halo, but not necessarily Halo multiplayer?

FyreWulff

BRING BACK SQUAD SLAYER

Reach Consolidation Update Notes:

* Deleted the following playlists:

Action Sack
Squad DLC
Anniversary BTB
Anniversary FFA
Multi Team

* Added Squad Slayer
* Added Super Squad Slayer, which is Squad Slayer with Vanilla settings
* Made Slot 1, 2, and 3 Slayer in BTB
* Invasion playlist is now only Invasion Slayer
* Slayer gametypes added to Team Objective

You know a few weeks back I was thinking it would be cool to have an adopt a junior thing for some of the older members here (not me, I'm relatively new). They adopters could invite them to play some games and introduce them to people in games. They would just kind of help them out.

But then we got these juniors and I realized that my idea only works if we get people who are somewhat mature.
I'll adopt Frankie and Heckfu

Striker

In all seriousness, Multi Team is locked into Reach forever due to the Rocket Race achievement.

Action Sack is the definition of missed opportunity, though.
Havok and I talked briefly about it the other day. I did forget about the Rocket Race achievement, so Multi-team has to stay. But they can feasibly cut about six or seven playlists right now with no harm done.

Havok and I talked briefly about it the other day. I did forget about the Rocket Race achievement, so Multi-team has to stay. But they can feasibly cut about six or seven playlists right now with no harm done.

What did you guys cut?

I just took a glance at Reach's playlist. The first, and most obvious issue is that there are 3 4v4 slayer playlists that are almost identical. Cut Super, make Team TU, and honestly just cut the Arena playlist at this point. No one plays it, and the settings and maps are mostly the same as Super Slayer. The the strict trueskill and party matching, that playlist basically has to get cut once Halo 4 hits. It will be unsustainable.

Awh man, I got Dino Blasters on Uncaged earlier. Bad times.

Dino Blasters is fun on anything! At anytime!

Nah, Cage ruins life itself.

What did you guys cut?

I just took a glance at Reach's playlist. The first, and most obvious issue is that there are 3 4v4 slayer playlists that are almost identical. Cut Super, make Team TU, and honestly just cut the Arena playlist at this point. No one plays it, and the settings and maps are mostly the same as Super Slayer. The the strict trueskill and party matching, that playlist basically has to get cut once Halo 4 hits. It will be unsustainable.

Dino Blasters is fun on anything! At anytime!

Nah, Cage ruins life itself.
Arena probably has the best settings (other than mlg)

FyreWulff

Playlists locked into Reach by achievements:

Disc achievements:
Invasion ( Be My Wingman Anytime, Skunked)

DLC achievements:

BTB (Cross Mappin', Poppin' & Lockin', License to Kill)
Multi Team (Offensive Driver)
Invasion (You Blew It Up!)
Living Dead (All Alone, Emergency Room)

Gametypes locked into Reach matchmaking via DLC achievements:

Stockpile ( Candy from a Baby, You Ate All the Chips)
CTF (Don't Touch That, Return to Sender)
Oddball (Crackin' Skulls)
Headhunter (Bounty Hunter)

Components that must always exist in Reach due to DLC achievements

Armor Lock ( Poppin' & Lockin', Paper Beats Rock)
Jetpack ( Dive Bomber)

FYI, there are actually no achievements or anything that requires Arena, so Reach could in theory, not have Arena any longer. On the other hand, Firefight can also be completely eliminated from both mainstream Reach and Anni Disc MM and not affect the ability to obtain achievements.

Awh man, I got Dino Blasters on Uncaged earlier. Bad times.

My first game of dino blasters was on uncaged, and everyone spent all their time jetpacking over top mid, so it really didn't make a difference.

FyreWulff said:
Playlists locked into Reach by achievements:

Disc achievements:
Invasion ( Be My Wingman Anytime, Skunked)

DLC achievements:

BTB (Cross Mappin', Poppin' & Lockin', License to Kill)
Multi Team (Offensive Driver)
Invasion (You Blew It Up!)
Living Dead (All Alone, Emergency Room)

Gametypes locked into Reach matchmaking via DLC achievements:

Stockpile ( Candy from a Baby, You Ate All the Chips)
CTF (Don't Touch That, Return to Sender)
Oddball (Crackin' Skulls)
Headhunter (Bounty Hunter)

Components that must always exist in Reach due to DLC achievements

Armor Lock ( Poppin' & Lockin', Paper Beats Rock)
Jetpack ( Dive Bomber)

I'm pretty sure I have like none of these achievements because I don't play any of the DLC playlists. Yay me!

FyreWulff

My first game of dino blasters was on uncaged, and everyone spent all their time jetpacking over top mid, so it really didn't make a difference.

I'm pretty sure I have like none of these achievements because I don't play any of the DLC playlists. Yay me!

I don't blame you, the Anniversary and Defiant achievements are terrible. Kill someone while punching them in the back but CANNOT be an assassination WHILE actively pressing the jetpack button? Really? Assassinate someone that comes out of armor lock.. an ability in which they can spin the camera around and immediately face you once they come out of it? Do tell.

Kajiba

This needs to be here.

iogO9lKHV6yiS.gif

Should've been dax(nathan) and ghaleon(alan)name on it. Him giving the thread away again.

Need to play some halo tonight.

I don't blame you, the Anniversary and Defiant achievements are terrible. Kill someone while punching them in the back but CANNOT be an assassination WHILE actively pressing the jetpack button? Really? Assassinate someone that comes out of armor lock.. an ability in which they can spin the camera around and immediately face you once they come out of it? Do tell.

I'm normally against boosting achievements but shit like that, go right ahead.

At this point there's just too many for me to even try to get.

I just played BTB and I grabbed the wraith. Apparently someone on my team felt entitled to the wraith and began pushing me with his ghost. Then, he began to emp my wraith with a plasma pistol. Finally, I betrayed him so he would not get me killed by the other team. He then proceeded to jump on top of my wraith and stand in the gun just as I was shooting so he could boot me, which he did. On top of that he quit early.

343 is there anything you can do to stop this sort of thing in Halo 4? This has been a problem since Halo 2.

Overdoziz

Banned
Getting stuck by a guy who hasn't been done damage to by anyone and making him suicide with his own grenade.

Don't know 343 was smoking.

I just played BTB and I grabbed the wraith. Apparently someone on my team felt entitled to the wraith and began pushing me with his ghost. Then, he began to emp my wraith with a plasma pistol. Finally, I betrayed him so he would not get me killed by the other team. He then proceeded to jump on top of my wraith and stand in the gun just as I was shooting so he could boot me, which he did. On top of that he quit early.

343 is there anything you can do to stop this sort of thing in Halo 4? This has been a problem since Halo 2.
IQ test?

789shadow

Banned

Remove friendly fire?

Would instantly solve the problem of betrayal weirdness by making them impossible.

Honestly, I don't know why friendly fire needs to exist. Could someone enlighten me as to what purpose it serves?
To avoid launching teammates across the map with vehicles. Or maybe just to make you carefully consider certain situations where your teammates are close to enemies.

ElRenoRaven

Yea, any longer and I'll be tempted to stay up too late. I am pretty much an old man when it comes to my bed time the night before I work.

Can't blame you on that. I'm the same way myself. Figure I have to wake up at 6AM so that means to bed by midnight at the latest for me. lol

FyreWulff

To avoid launching teammates across the map with vehicles. Or maybe just to make you carefully consider certain situations where your teammates are close to enemies.

Besides the sticking teammates and having them run around the corner or just blindly grenading / rocketing your flag carrier so nobody can get near him, the launching thing would definitely be a concern. You could already do it with the handicap setting in Halo 2 - if you rammed the hog into a teammate against certain objects, you could do stuff like launch someone across Coag or launch the bomber carrier from the beach to the arm spot on Zanzibar (since they also got "bonus" resistance from being your teammate)

m23

Thinking of getting Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition for Xbox to play during the summer, I've heard a lot of good things about the game, anyone here play it?

Arena probably has the best settings (other than mlg)

I agree, but looking realistically at the future of MM for Reach, especially considering serious condensing for H4's release, it seems to be the more realistic and broader appealing to go forward with the regular TU settings as apposed to the Arena ones.

Aggrotek

Can't blame you on that. I'm the same way myself. Figure I have to wake up at 6AM so that means to bed by midnight at the latest for me. lol

I have no fucking idea how I went through college going to bed at 3am and later... I couldn't do that every night if I tried.

ElRenoRaven

I have no fucking idea how I went through college going to bed at 3am and later... I couldn't do that every night if I tried.

Because you were young. I remember being in my teens and twenties and going on very little sleep was easy. But the older you get the tougher that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom