• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe i'm just easy to please, but i like every redesign 343 has done except for cortana.

the elite, the grunt, the jackal. the BR, the DMR, the sniper, the shotgun. master chief's armor. etc, it all looks really great to me. i also really like the reach models as well, but there just a different style, i don't like one over the other.

TheOddOne

maybe i'm just easy to please, but i like every redesign 343 has done except for cortana.

the elite, the grunt, the jackal. the BR, the DMR, the sniper, the shotgun. master chief's armor. etc, it all looks really great to me. i also really like the reach models as well, but there just a different style, i don't like one over the other.
Cortana looks fine. I dislike the Sniper and elite design so far, the rest have been "ok" to "awesome".

GhaleonEB

With the Campaign and kill Challenges down, I'm 13/16 for the weekly. To risk going into tomorrow with that, or to push for 4 wins in MP. Hrrmmmm.

i see someone noticed the scoring thing too. i don't like the new one, it just says whose in first or second, etc. but no clue how close you are to winning. the whole video was in FFA though, so maybe thats only for FFA games.

new snipe looks great.

I liked the filling bars, but I would like to see them change a bit. It is very hard to tell how far ahead a team is just by looking at the bar, which should be the benefit of using a filling bar. The reason is because there is a thick session that displays the number score that starts out filled. This messes with the bar's perceived length.

After getting used to it this may change but I remember seeing a match on longbow that was a total blowout, but I actually thought it was close for decent chunk of time simply because the bars were so physically close.

kJPFu.png

It doesn't look like blue team is nearly doubling red team's score.

Overdoziz

Banned
I liked the filling bars, but I would like to see them change a bit. It is very hard to tell how far ahead a team is just by looking at the bar, which should be the benefit of using a filling bar. The reason is because there is a thick session that displays the number score that starts out filled. This messes with the bar's perceived length.

After getting used to it this may change but I remember seeing a match on longbow that was a total blowout, but I actually thought it was close for decent chunk of time simply because the bars were so physically close.

kJPFu.png

Also, that bar doesn't seem to show how close you are to the score limit.

kJPFu.png

Isn't the score 10-6? Not that much of a blow out

Overdoziz

Banned
I was fine without having a bar that progressively covers more and more of the screen (albeit very tiny.) I don't know about you guys, but numbers convey enough information for me.
Just displaying numbers doesn't tell you how many points each team still needs to get in order to win. The bar gave you an idea of how close you were to winning or losing. It's minor but quite helpful, especially in custom games with different settings. I honestly don't get why Bungie removed in going from Halo 3 to Reach. But then again there wasn't even a flag-away notification either.

I guess it would be less of an issue if there was some information about the gametype in the lobby before a match starts. I don't see that happening though as 343 seems to prefer covering the entire screen with about 3 buttons.

Just displaying numbers doesn't tell you how many points each team still needs to get in order to win. The bar gave you an idea of how close you were to winning or losing. It's minor but quite helpful, especially in custom games with different settings. I honestly don't get why Bungie removed in going from Halo 3 to Reach. But then again there wasn't even a flag-away notification either.

I guess it would be less of an issue if there was some information about the gametype in the lobby before a match starts. I don't see that happening though as 343 seems to prefer covering the entire screen with about 3 buttons.

I think it had something to do with meglago (or whatever the hell it's called) according to FyreWulff.

I'm having more fun playing Pokemon Black right now then I have been playing Reach.

This, this is a weird feeling. I'm scared.

Nothing wrong with that. Pokemon black (white's better though :p) is an awesome game.

Enfinit

Nothing wrong with that. Pokemon black (white's better though :p) is an awesome game.
It's pretty damn fun. I bought a 3DS when it was released last summer, but I never got around to playing it. Just picked it back up today and this thing is a helluva lotta fun.

The only thing that wasn't fun was sitting through an hour-long system update because I haven't played the thing in a year.

ZgAQ5.png

They have this before every match, should eliminate a lot of confusion.

What exactly are you referring to?

I don't really know what it is but I can remember FyreWulff saying something about Reach not having those progressing bars because of meglago ( I really don't know how to spell it, I'm just writing it down how I pronounced it).I thought it was a system Bungie implemented in Reach that allowed them to make all those weird gametypes like chess.

It's pretty damn fun. I bought a 3DS when it was released last summer, but I never got around to playing it. Just picked it back up today and this thing is a helluva lotta fun.

The only thing that wasn't fun was sitting through an hour-long system update because I haven't played the thing in a year.

Ah man, I think it would've been better if you bought black 2. It has tons of new features and some extra areas to discover.

You being racist man!?! lol

Lol no. I just prefer the legendary and version exclusive pokemon in white.

I mean, what would you rather have?

This
braviary.jpg

or this...
Mandibuzz.jpg

Enfinit

Ah man, I think it would've been better if you bought black 2. It has tons of new features and some extra areas to discover.

I bought Black last summer, but never got around to playing it until now. I'll probably pick up Black II anyways.

Also, remember when Nintendo dropped the price of the 3DS and instead of saying "Fuck You!" to the people that bought the original full-price 3DS, they allowed them to download a crap-ton of games from the virtual console/Nintendo market? Also never got around to doing that. Can it still be done?

DeadNames

Banned
I've been thinking about getting a 3DS... Is it worth it, Enfinit? It seems to be getting some good games.

Plus there's gonna be Animal Crossing. Don't judge, that game is addicting.

Karl2177

I don't really know what it is but I can remember FyreWulff saying something about Reach not having those progressing bars because of meglago ( I really don't know how to spell it, I'm just writing it down how I pronounced it).I thought it was a system Bungie implemented in Reach that allowed them to make all those weird gametypes like chess.

Megalo. Basically certain gametypes can be scripted to end after a requirement has been met. If Megalo didn't exist gametypes like Flag Slayer and Chess couldn't have come out after release.

Enfinit

I've been thinking about getting a 3DS... Is it worth it, Enfinit? It seems to be getting some good games.

Plus there's gonna be Animal Crossing. Don't judge, that game is addicting.

When I saw it debut at E3 a few years back, it got me all hyped up. Went out and got it the week of release and it's the first handheld I've owned sine the Gameboy SP. Picked up some DS and 3DS titles that I missed out on (Pokemon Black, Ocarina of Time, Kingdom Hearts, etc.) and went home. When I heard that the next Kingdom Hearts game was coming to 3DS, that's what sold me on it, and that's pretty much the reason I got it.

That was a year ago. I've put a total of 12 hours of playtime into my 3DS over the course of a year. It's an amazing device, and it has a really, really fantastic catalog of games (3DS not so much, but it's catching up to the DS). The virtual market is pretty sweet, and they have a slew of retro games (that I love) available.

The problem is, over the past year I just haven't had the desire to play it. I'm not sure why, but I just didn't feel like playing any of my DS or 3DS games. I have a number of titles that I bought a year ago and haven't even touched.

However, I picked it back up today and am currently playing through Pokemon Black. Still super fun. If you're into Nintendo games, and you like handheld gaming, I definitely recommend it. It's not too expensive, and Nintendo just announced that they're coming out with the 3DS XL. The DS/3DS has a fantastic catalog of titles, not to mention DS/3DS games are a helluva lot cheaper than 360 games. But yea, it's worth buying for sure.

And Animal Crossing is the shit.

Mothafucka, Squirttle will always be the best. Not only is he adorable, but he can transform into a giant turtle with water cannons

let me say that again for everybody hard of hearing: A GIANT TURTLE WITH WATER CANNONS

29750_med.png

shiny+blastoise.gif

When you're that badass, you can be as smug as you want

Fuchsdh

Pokemon lost me after Silver/Gold because all the Pokemon began to look the same, and the game mechanics never changed. I can still go back and play Yellow so why bother with the new ones?

If they want full 3D environments and real time battles I could be lured back.

Also, I catch all 151 Pokemon and the only thing I get is some certificate I'm supposed to print out on your crappy printer? That was some childhood disappointment right there.

wwm0nkey

Pokemon lost me after Silver/Gold because all the Pokemon began to look the same, and the game mechanics never changed. I can still go back and play Yellow so why bother with the new ones?

If they want full 3D environments and real time battles I could be lured back.

Also, I catch all 151 Pokemon and the only thing I get is some certificate I'm supposed to print out on your crappy printer? That was some childhood disappointment right there.

Next Pokemon game will likely be in full 3D also you now get a device which increases your chance of finding shinny Pokemon after your PokeDex is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom