• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Talents

Banned

Wow, that was surprisingly short for a dualtage. But the gameplay was good. Someones going to have an epileptic fit over that editing.

Won't matter, the first few weeks is gonna be a wape/dong/shit fest of new players anyway. Everyone is gonna love those first few weeks.

I didn't even think there was new players to Halo anymore, I thought they all went to CoD.

And I'm not even joking.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Wow, that was surprisingly short for a dualtage. But the gameplay was good. Someones going to have an epileptic fit over that editing.

I didn't even think there was new players to Halo anymore, I thought they all went to CoD.

And I'm not even joking.

Every game has new players in it when it releases. Gears 3 was a fucking glorious blood bath for the first few months. It was awesome.

Talents

Banned
I hate when montages are so heavily over edited like that. Too many filters, fast forwards, etc. You can't see everything that is going on and it gives me a headache. I had to stop watching not even half way through. Shame because it looked like it had some cool clips.

If you haven't watched Roadblocks montage, watch it. It's awesome, it has hardly any major editing in it, yet it is probably one of the best montages I've seen.

Here.

Every game has new players in it when it releases. Gears 3 was a fucking glorious blood bath for the first few months. It was awesome.

Yea, what annoys the hell outta me though is that a couple of my friends are holding off on halo to go black ops. They've been doing stuff like that for past halo games, and when they finally get the game they're really behind the curve. And that mainly leads them to believe that Halo has unbalanced multiplayer...which is ridiculous because they play Call of Duty.

Monocle

So the grenade launcher really isn't coming back? That's a pretty big disappointment. It was by far my favorite of Reach's new weapons.

I like fiction discussion but I hate nitpicking. Remember the pointless discussion between those two users about Halsey's characterization in Glasslands? Oh god. That went over more than three pages.
It wasn't pointless just because you didn't enjoy it. In fact, when a key character is clearly out of joint with all of her earlier portrayals, that's about as fertile a topic for discussion as you could ask for.

So the grenade launcher really isn't coming back? That's a pretty big disappointment. It was by far my favorite of Reach's new weapons.

It wasn't pointless just because you didn't enjoy it.
No. It was pointless because it had been the same arguments. Not posted once but posted again and again.

Karl2177

It wasn't pointless just because you didn't enjoy it.
Trust us, that conversation went on far longer than it needed to. I enjoyed the first few posts, but it seriously continued reiterating the same points for another 100 posts.

Yeah, I know. Breaking Bad trumps everything.

Won't matter, the first few weeks is gonna be a wape/dong/shit fest of new players anyway. Everyone is gonna love those first few weeks.

My response to both:

jusmw.gif

GhaleonEB

Page 390.
50ppp wanna fight about it?

When is it an acceptable time to start posting OT9 headers?

Also want to ask, what's gonna be the deal with Halo 4 thread? A Halo 4 thread on gaming side, or just keep everything here?

I have the OT9 title picked. And the Halo 4 (initial) thread title, for that matter.

I'll post the new OT as soon as I can when this hits 20k.
Dax

Current thinking regarding Halo 4/Halo OT's.

The Halo 4 OT will be posted a week before the game comes out. Per current GAF policy, the Halo 4 OT will get moved to Community after one month. I don't think it makes a lot of sense to have two Halo threads in Community, so we'll have a series of Halo 4 threads for a while.

The reason we shifted to Halo OT threads rather than continuing with Reach is because discussion branched out - books, Halo 4, etc. were a very large part of the conversation. I think when Halo 4 comes out, the mix will shift back to being almost entirely about Halo 4, with some other Halo topics in the mix. Over time, especially as Halo 5 moves along, discussion will drift back to richer mix of non-Halo 4 talk, at which point we'll go back to interim general Halo threads until Halo 5 hits.

In the end, it's all a label. We'll still have one Halo thread in OT to call home.

I have the OT9 title picked. And the Halo 4 (initial) thread title, for that matter.

Dax
You should PM me your preferred title. Just in case. ;)

The Halo 4 OT will be posted a week before the game comes out. Per current GAF policy, the Halo 4 OT will get moved to Community after one month. I don't think it makes a lot of sense to have two Halo threads in Community, so we'll have a series of Halo 4 threads for a while.

The reason we shifted to Halo OT threads rather than continuing with Reach is because discussion branched out - books, Halo 4, etc. were a very large part of the conversation. I think when Halo 4 comes out, the mix will shift back to being almost entirely about Halo 4, with some other Halo topics in the mix. Over time, especially as Halo 5 moves along, discussion will drift back to richer mix of non-Halo 4 talk, at which point we'll go back to interim general Halo threads until Halo 5 hits.

In the end, it's all a label. We'll still have one Halo thread in OT to call home.
This was more or less what I was going to say. Good thing I refreshed the page before responding.

IHaveIce

Banned

Dax

I think we should go the normal way. One week ahead of release a OT in the gaming side and one Spoiler thread( it already exists).

After a month put the the OT in Community and this would be the first Halo 4 |OT|.

But I could be totally wrong, I'm still new here.

next OT title should be something with "dropping the flag", need to hold the salt levels high

Yeah nailed it.

So I'm right now on my second playthrough of Darksiders 2 and it gets reaaaally boring.
I need Borderlands 2 right now :(

Louis Wu

If you haven't watched Roadblocks montage, watch it. It's awesome, it has hardly any major editing in it, yet it is probably one of the best montages I've seen.

Here.
Dang, that was some amazing gameplay. (There's an exterm on Onslaught CTF about a minute and a half in, and I was thinking "where the HELL is the rest of his team? Good thing he doesn't need 'em...")

Funny thing is, I mentioned that vid in passing, when it first came out:

http://halo.bungie.org/news.html?item=30134

Didn't really have anything to say about it then. Guess I'd been watching too many montages. :(

Even though you picked it already....

Halo OT9 | A Flag Story: Till Death Do Us Part
Heh, not bad. My spin on it:

Halo OT9 | A Flag Story: Till Functionality Do Us Part
Halo OT9 | A Flag Story: Till Customs Do Us Part
Halo OT9 | A Flag Story: Till Design Do Us Part

Never put the label of HaloGAF "metagame" to this until now.

nillapuddin

Dear Hypertrooper,

I was hoping for more recent direct feed. To my understanding we got one video with direct footage of exile.

Sincerely,
Swarmerr

Don't be a little babby about it.
You want feed, he gave you feed.

You get shown up, then change your story.

(Good job Hyper)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Now

Halo |OT9| Hire Juices

Halo |OT9| People Stil Play Halo?*

* It will be on gaming side. TTDD (Time To Dismissive Diss) from some Junior who has never played it and furthermore, has never owned an Xbox, will be less than three minutes. First page is where the smart money is.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
God damn each and every one of you 'spamming' my inbox with that murder miners message!

I got one from Biggy and Monkey. Happened right when Frankie signed in. Was hoping it was a Halo 4 beta code.

Now that I think of it, Frankie sending his Live friends a Halo 4 invite would be pretty funny.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Not sure if anyone knows... Multiplayer requires 8GB of memory

But does that include co-op too? Or is that strictly VS?

Trying to get a friend to play halo 4 with me while he's in military training :p

Top Bottom