• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Dug

Banned
Halo 2 Vista had N extra skull? what did it do
I searched about it and got this:

Directions: When you reach the large underwater room with the Giant hologram of the Prophet of Regret, the skull is located on the top of the pillar, right next to the hologram. As the name implies, it can only be obtained in the PC version of Halo 2.

Effect: This skull's effect, if any, is unknown.

Fracas

#fuckonami
If the title wasn't what it is now, I would've suggested Halo |OT9| Our Flag Is Under A Salt.

edit: also neoism got banned :/

I am not following the blops dev, if you round up all of the direct feed developer released gameplay and it exceeds that of 343 than you have my apology, but if it doesnt then I think you should be happy with what we have.

Its an uneasy thing releasing direct feed gameplay where you cant hide imperfections during a project that isnt completed yet.

This just in from our reporter embedded in HaloGaf:

"EXTRA !EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT! 343i CAN'T BE ASKED TO RELEASE MORE DIRECT FEED GAMEPLAY UNLESS THE BLOPS2 TEAM HAS ALREADY RELEASED MORE THAN THEY HAVE!"

Swarmerr

I am not following the blops dev, if you round up all of the direct feed developer released gameplay and it exceeds that of 343 than you have my apology, but if it doesnt then I think you should be happy with what we have.

Its an uneasy thing releasing direct feed gameplay where you cant hide imperfections during a project that isnt completed yet.

Just look around youtube a little bit for I think its like gamescon or something. One video shows blops 2 multiplayer for an hour and some change. (the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r81HuOx4BY&list=UUCWJOD-PJiARMniJYpSkGGw&index=11&feature=plcp)

Look at this channel and scroll down a couple of videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/cod?annotation_id=annotation_399515&feature=iv&src_vid=hhiaSIoOuGc

(there are actually a couple of 1 hour long videos on the channel in direct feed)

Basically I wish we got more direct feed footage (at pax) than we did. To your last point I understand what your saying but as long as the developer notes that the game is not out yet and subject to change I don't see how it could be a problem.

Halo |OT9| Now Physically Impossible to Drop it Like it's Hot.
Halo |OT9| Throwing Skulls & Flagssassinating Fools
Halo |OT9| Slurpees Currently only Available in Salt Flavour
Halo |OT9| Its not just Ryaan14 You Need to Worry About Carrying
Halo |OT9| Murdering Miners
Halo |OT9| We mostly play at night.. mostly.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Question spawned by the gaming side thread. Why is 343i labeling the new base enemies "Prometheans" when in reality the Didact is a Promethean and the watcher/crawler/knights/etc are all AI units under Promethean control?

So they don't have to explain what I just explained to every non-book reader?

Halo |OT9| Murder Minors
Halo |OT9| Were It On Easy
Halo |OT9| This Gametype Has Been Flagged as Inappropriate
Halo |OT9| A New Album by Kid A, Moby, and Billy Corgan
Halo |OT9| We've Got 343 Beards On Tap
Halo |OT9| Adventures in Forerunner Weapon Diversity
Halo |OT9| Consolidation Prize
Halo |OT9| We're Changing Our Story & We're Sticking to It

senador

Banned
Question spawned by the gaming side thread. Why is 343i labeling the new base enemies "Prometheans" when in reality the Didact is a Promethean and the watcher/crawler/knights/etc are all AI units under Promethean control?

Prometheans by extension?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Prometheans by extension?

I think that must be it. The more I look 343i has labeled them as Promethean machines, even so much as saying "While these Prometheans are significantly different from the legendary Forerunner Warrior-Servants of ages past, these Knights are no less harrowing."

In the media that doesn't come through though. You see "Halo 4's enemies are the Prometheans" when in reality we have yet to see an actual Promethean.

Maybe it gets revealed in the game?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I don't really understand the difference between the enemies in 4, Prometheans, and Forerunners to be honest

As far as I know...

Dude in ball = Didact (most likely, we don't know 100%) = Promethean
Promethean = Warrior class of the Forerunners
Watcher/Crawler/Knight = Mechanical units used by Prometheans.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Guys, Ghal has a title already. We're going to break 20k just on OT title suggestions...

Halo |OT9| - Ghaleon Has a Thread Title Already

Fuchsdh

Guys, Ghal has a title already. We're going to break 20k just on OT title suggestions...

Halo |OT9| - Ghaleon Has a Thread Title Already

Well where's the fun in that?

I do think the Promethean thing is a bit confusing but I'm sure the game itself clarifies that pretty well.

Top Bottom