• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

Roubjon

Whelp, I just spent $100 importing this game. I really liked 1 and 2, so I can only assume I'll like this one a lot too. Plus, there is the bonus factor that there isn't much on the Vita that I'm playing right now, so it makes it all the better.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
You can make the PV (dancing, staging, etc) as well as gameplay to accompany it.

Sharing of edits is built in for Project DIVA f; previous games had you sharing the files and placing them into your memory stick manually.

I do have to say that in my first round of downloading 3 random edits, one of them was ok, one was just about looking up the vocaloid's skirts, and the last was actually very well done, but was about a romance between Kagamine Rin and Len which ended with the two of them kissing.

So yeah, basically the usual user generated stuff. You should probably continue to look for edits outside of just randomly clicking stuff in the in game browser. At least you can look up the edits you do want in the game fairly easily as long as you have the username of the person that made the edit.

I got my copy yesterday:

20120917213001.jpg

I have to say it is the first time I play a game from this series. So I started with the tutorial and... humm... ok, I got it.

Then I started the first music (on normal) and WHAT THE HELL I JUST PLAYED! It was.... intense... 10 times more than any western rhythm game I have played. I could not finish the music even after several tries. But it was so satisfacting. So additive. So good.

Any tips for beginners?

(and I hated the star implementation, I keep missing them)

Beckx

I have to say it is the first time I play a game from this series. So I started with the tutorial and... humm... ok, I got it.

Then I started the first music (on normal) and WHAT THE HELL I JUST PLAYED! It was.... intense... 10 times more than any western rhythm game I have played. I could not finish the music even after several tries. But it was so satisfacting. So additive. So good.

Any tips for beginners?

Ha! Same here - and for the stars, the best tip I've found is to put your thumb on the screen before the stars are going to hit, then begin to swipe up and down as each star hits, without removing your thumb.

The other thing that I've found is that if you don't get at least one Technical Zone perfect & max out the star during Chance Time, you have no chance of clearing the song.

Ha! Same here - and for the stars, the best tip I've found is to put your thumb on the screen before the stars are going to hit, then begin to swipe up and down as each star hits, without removing your thumb.

The other thing that I've found is that if you don't get at least one Technical Zone perfect & max out the star during Chance Time, you have no chance of clearing the song.

Not sure if you are overstating that last point on purpose or not, but just incase, the scoring system works like this:

89% for hitting COOL or FINE on all notes in the song.
5% bonus for hitting the Chance Time
3% bonus for hitting each Technical Zone (two per song = total 6% possible)
---
100%

To clear a song, you must get an 80% -- so, in actuality, it is perfectly reasonable to clear a song without hitting any of the bonuses, as long as you can COOL/FINE 80 notes per 89 in the song.

Wonko_C

I got my copy yesterday:

20120917213001.jpg

Any tips for beginners?

Don't be ashamed of starting on Easy! Easy only uses the circle button, Normal uses 2 buttons, Hard and Extreme use all 4 face buttons. Although easy is quite boring, trying to get perfect on every song makes it a little more fun.

I was weary about the star notes at first but now I "strum" them like a guitar hero.
:p

Beckx

Not sure if you are overstating that last point on purpose or not

Not trying too - just saying that because I am not good enough to get Fine or Cool on all notes - not even close right now - unless I nail a technical or chance time (both on some songs), I'm not clearing it.

So maybe to revise: if you're bad like me, don't screw up Technicals and Chance :)

T.O.P

Banned
Glad to see you're enjoying it!

StarCreator posted this last week, which helped me out a little bit.

Awesome, thanks :D

Ah yeah, i fuckin hate stars too, difficulty wise is not bad (i play a shitload of DjMax so i'm kinda used to it) but going to touch controls in the middle of a song is not fun at all

DjTechnika will be a pain in the ass to play on that screen ._.

@holy mutherfuckinshit i love 1640mP <3

I got my copy yesterday:

http://imageshack.us/a/img812/5333/20120917213001.jpg[img]

Any tips for beginners?

(and I hated the star implementation, I keep missing them)[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't post a picture so huge !! crop it ! Not everyone has an unlimited internet access and some of us are also broswing on our phones ...

Can anybody help me navigate the menus on Project diva f? Specifically setting up a profile and changing which vocaloid is available for communication.

Priz

Just curious - did you guys know to go into AR mode and scan the covers of the PSP games?

Don't have the previous PSP games handy? Just GIS the covers and use that with the camera. Once they're scanned you'll notice some new stuff in the shop. :)

Can anybody help me navigate the menus on Project diva f? Specifically setting up a profile and changing which vocaloid is available for communication.
Have you checked this out? http://idiothair.tumblr.com/post/31654851421/project-diva-f-rough-guide

Just curious - did you guys know to go into AR mode and scan the covers of the PSP games?

Don't have the previous PSP games handy? Just GIS the covers and use that with the camera. Once they're scanned you'll notice some new stuff in the shop. :)

and what should i do if i have a digital version of diva 2nd ? ..dammit

What's unlocked if you do that ?

Jawmuncher

Ok finally got the game and I need the starters guide if someone can help out.

-Translations of the menus
-Whats all this AR stuff about
-What is the Dreamy Theater and getting songs from the PSP versions?
-Is all this doable on my US account?

Hey Guys how do I screen in Project Diva f? O:

Can you rephrase the question?

If you're asking how to screenshot, you press the PS and Start buttons at about the same time (press the PS button slightly before so the game won't receive the input). This function works systemwide and the screenshots taken with this will be stored in the Photos app.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Can you rephrase the question?

If you're asking how to screenshot, you press the PS and Start buttons at about the same time (press the PS button slightly before so the game won't receive the input). This function works systemwide and the screenshots taken with this will be stored in the Photos app.

Yeah, I was and thank you! Thought it might be different since I kept on getting screenshots of the pause menu.

Some big news via Weekly Diva Station today (9/20):

Project DIVA f collaboration with a deck-builder game "Weiss Schwarz". Not sure about the details on this one.

PRcard.jpg.jpg

Akita Neru, Yowane Haku, and Kasane Teto will be Project DIVA f DLC. Details to be determined.

Quick reminder that this is probably only going to be available to you if you're on a Japanese PSN account.

ner001.jpg

hak001.jpg

tet001.jpg

special.jpg

Toro and Kuro accessories will be made available. Also, a Miku-themed dungeon and name cards will be added to the Minna to Issho app. (Thanks to miyuki for the clarification.)

torokuro_pv001.jpg

torokuro_pv002.jpg

torokuro_pv003.jpg

torokuro_pv004.jpg

miku_bat.jpg

I'm thinking about trying one of these.

-Do they have a lot of DLC? Will I miss out on a lot if I get the vita one (I use a US account).
-What's the difference between the 2 psp ones? Is extend a sequel or an expansion or an enhanced rerelease?

I'm thinking about trying one of these.

-Do they have a lot of DLC? Will I miss out on a lot if I get the vita one (I use a US account).
-What's the difference between the 2 psp ones? Is extend a sequel or an expansion or an enhanced rerelease?

The first wave of DLC was just announced for Project DIVA f. There's no telling at this point how much DLC there will be. You'll most likely need a Japanese PSN account attached to your Vita to be able to download any of it. I ended up getting a second memory card and will switch PSN accounts whenever I need to play Japanese games.

Project DIVA 2nd was a big leap in the series; it has more songs than any other in the series (including f) and introduced the double and hold notes, as well as the ability to play using both the d-pad and action buttons. It also has an unlock system that is actually based on performance and not the joke of a system the first game had ("clear this song with a Great on Hard and you have a 1 in 5 chance of getting this gallery picture"). It also introduced proper DLC, though only about 10 songs were ever released. All but two of these songs are in Project DIVA extend's base songlist - only the IDOLM@STER SP collaboration songs remain exclusively DLC.

Project DIVA extend is simply the third entry in the series, but was probably named as such to signify it wasn't as big a leap as the first game to 2nd was; it has about the same number of songs as the first game (and f).

The first wave of DLC was just announced for Project DIVA f. There's no telling at this point how much DLC there will be. You'll most likely need a Japanese PSN account attached to your Vita to be able to download any of it. I ended up getting a second memory card and will switch PSN accounts whenever I need to play Japanese games.

Project DIVA 2nd was a big leap in the series; it has more songs than any other in the series (including f) and introduced the double and hold notes, as well as the ability to play using both the d-pad and action buttons. It also has an unlock system that is actually based on performance and not the joke of a system the first game had ("clear this song with a Great on Hard and you have a 1 in 5 chance of getting this gallery picture"). It also introduced proper DLC, though only about 10 songs were ever released. All but two of these songs are in Project DIVA extend's base songlist - only the IDOLM@STER SP collaboration songs remain exclusively DLC.

Project DIVA extend is simply the third entry in the series, but was probably named as such to signify it wasn't as big a leap as the first game to 2nd was; it has about the same number of songs as the first game (and f).

So, if I were to get 2nd and Extend, I could essentially skip the DLC in 2nd unless I really care about idolmaster (I don't)

Does Extend have a vastly different tracklist from 2nd?
Does F have mostly new songs or is it a prettier rehash?

Stepping back a bit, looks like Sega finally uploaded the trailer for Dreamy Theater extend to YouTube a couple days ago. Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrNHczvS8UY

Going to wrap up some new and old news from Weekly Diva Station for Project DIVA Arcade:

9/21: In part 4 of news from TGS, new songs for Project DIVA Arcade were announced.: This seems to be content chosen from Project mirai:

&#9733;No Logic

&#9733;on the rocks

&#9733;&#22916;&#24819;&#12473;&#12465;&#12483;&#12481;

&#9733;&#12422;&#12417;&#12422;&#12417;

It's really neat how Yumeyume actually uses the bedroom set from the Project mirai opening movie.

9/10: New modules for Rin and Len available on 9/14. Selected images below, click through for more:

diva_module_sep_rin_blackstar_01.jpg

diva_module_sep_rin_blackstar_04.jpg

diva_module_sep_len_bluemoon_01.jpg

diva_module_sep_len_bluemoon_02.jpg

Hoping we see all the content exclusive to Arcade in a form accessible outside Japan someday!

So, if I were to get 2nd and Extend, I could essentially skip the DLC in 2nd unless I really care about idolmaster (I don't)

Does Extend have a vastly different tracklist from 2nd?
Does F have mostly new songs or is it a prettier rehash?

extend's songlist is about 1/4 DLC from 2nd, 1/3 new content, and the rest repeats from 2nd. Note that some of the songs from 2nd and about half the DLC are repeats from the first game, but with revamped charts and animations.

f's songlist is 100% new, no repeats whatsoever; but it's also the smallest songlist in the series, even fewer than extend's.

Im so confused on this Dreamy theater and using the PSP game saves for DLC stuff going on.

It's not really all that confusing.

The Dreamy Theater series works by installing a link program on your PSP (can't be a Vita). You run the link program on your PSP, while attached to the PS3 via USB, on request from the PS3 game. The link program will transfer your unlock status from your save, and can also transfer edit data and their corresponding MP3. DLC doesn't involve the link program at all; as long as you're using the same PSN account you just log into the PS Store and download free unlock keys for whatever DLC you've purchased on that account.

The only point to drive home are that Dreamy Theater is not a standalone product; ownership of the corresponding PSP game is assumed, and all unlocks have to be done on the PSP. The link program will only read game saves that were created on the same PSP it is running on.

The first Dreamy Theater required the link to be established just to proceed past the title screen; Dreamy Theater 2nd and extend only require the at-least-once unlock status transfer. There's no reason to own the first Dreamy Theater anymore anyway since Dreamy Theater 2nd contains all of its content for free.

Jawmuncher

It's not really all that confusing.

The Dreamy Theater series works by installing a link program on your PSP (can't be a Vita). You run the link program on your PSP, while attached to the PS3 via USB, on request from the PS3 game. The link program will transfer your unlock status from your save, and can also transfer edit data and their corresponding MP3. DLC doesn't involve the link program at all; as long as you're using the same PSN account you just log into the PS Store and download free unlock keys for whatever DLC you've purchased on that account.

The only point to drive home are that Dreamy Theater is not a standalone product; ownership of the corresponding PSP game is assumed, and all unlocks have to be done on the PSP. The link program will only read game saves that were created on the same PSP it is running on.

Ahhh now I get it.

Roubjon

The game came in the mail today and I've been playing it for the past hour and a half. It's so good. I've been trying to perfect the first song in the game on Expert and it's definitely a challenge.

So glad I bought this, now all I need is DJMAX and I'm in rhythm heaven.

Pun intended.

Stark

Banned
Has this been posted?

http://gematsu.com/2012/09/hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-ps3-planned-for-early-2013

The PlayStation 3 version of Hatsune Miku Project Diva F will launch in Japan next year, Sega confirmed during a stage event on the last day of the Tokyo Game Show.

“It is planned for 2013,” said the publisher. “Saying 2013 is still a big window. If at all possible, we’d like to release it in the earlier part of the year.”

The PlayStation Vita version of Hatsune Miku Project Diva F launched in Japan on August 30.

Kazzy

You don't need all the outfits? I thought that was guaranteed to be a trophy.

I've just wasted all those diva credits!

I'm getting 99. percentage ratings in most songs now, though, I slip on the most trivial of notes.

Top Bottom