• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO is airing a marathon of The Wire remastered in HD (one season per day, Dec 26-30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LosDaddie

Banned
Lame.

I just finished watching the series on HBO Go about a month ago. Great series, but I'm in no hurry to rewatch it again.

Wow, will be very hard to watch. Can't even think about how dated it will appear in our modern harmonic America where everyone respects each other.

eot

Banned
4:3 is fine, I'll never understand why people get so up in arms about aspect ratios. Not this thread specifically I guess but people seem to complain about it a lot with regards to the Wire.

CyReN

Any idea if it's coming to HBO GO, always wanted to watch it and now that it's in HD it seems like the perfect time.

shira

Carcetti is best Littlefinger.
littlefinger-8.gif

The following of this show is on another level. A level I have never witnessed. I have seen a few episodes and can see the draw and I hope to be swoon into the GOAT status.

Don't care. The show is a 7.5 at best. GAF treats it likes it's an 11

This is one of those cases where 'opinion' doesn't factor into it at all. It's a simple fact that this one of the very best TV shows ever made. And you're either a person that sees that, or you're not.

Arc

Just because someone doesn't love something doesn't mean they're a troll. Also worth noting that overrated =/= bad. I liked the show for 2-3 seasons.

The Wire is different though. It is perfect. Even the 5th season is miles better than anything on tv right now.

That's what i'm thinking. Wouldn't it just be the same thing as watching it on Amazon or whatever? Trying not to get too excited right now because in that case it's really not anything new

It's probably exactly that.

Laying 2:1 odds they're "remastering" The Wire by probably turning up the contrast and uprezzing it to 1080p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom