• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 will soon require all Steam players to sign in with a PlayStation Network account

Pedro Motta

Eh....a joke is fine, but it is weird to say it is a joke then suggest messing with DLLs is normal. Most folks don't touch any of that stuff.
So your problem is with the DLL stuff? OK just ignore that and read the rest then :)

The point is: It's a fucking account creation, we've done that for quite some time now.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
IK3VkcQ.jpeg

Yes, yes. Well done. We can all use a meme generator, dude.

fUSmxli.png

yurinka

Genuine question.....how do players play the game online at all in countries where PSN doesn't exist?
In the same way I did to create PSN accounts of other countries both in the early PS3 days and today:

just choose one of the available countries in the list that appears when creating an account, and put a city and valid postal code from there.

Other than this it only asks for a name (you can put it there a fictional one), username and birth date.

They never verify if you live there or if you use the account from a different country, etc. They don't even ask for a credit card, your address or anything like that to create an account.

You can use a free vpn like Tunnelbear
You don't need a VPN: the process of creating an account and link it to the game takes 1 minute.

They don't verify if you play from the country you stated in the account, or if you really are from there. They never did it in decades for PS, so won't make it for PC.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
So your problem is with the DLL stuff? OK just ignore that and read the rest then :)

The point is: It's a fucking account creation, we've done that for quite some time now.

It's just a stupid meme all around. But I thought it was just a joke. Make up your mind man.

Yeah....talk about account creation then.

RyanEvans21

I do not play games on PC with that DRM. Uplay screwing me out of several games with an update that deleted my account information was the straw that broke the camel's back. This is why I buy from GOG instead of Steam when given the option and only buy games on Steam without this bloatware.
Probably you dont play online games? If you play Overwatch,Nba or GTA Online etc.. (You need an account).

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Are you dumb?

You HAVE TO sign up to a MS account to use Windows nowadays.
You HAVE TO sign up to Steam to buy and play games.
Same with EPIC Store and many others.

Love how you're defending something Sony has done... by comparing them to Microsoft's equally shitty practises.

As for Steam and Epic, yes... you sign up to those to play games on PC.

No one should be cheering when a company demands you sign up to their service months after a game releases.

Because the next time it might be the company you don't like.

Last edited:

Three

You are right, but affects me as it is gaming related.
They were part of the same breach and investigation. Sony reported PSN April 27 2011, and found that SOE were a part of that same breach May 1 2011 after an investigation. That's not "constantly leaking users info" however you like to slice it. It's like saying you're "constantly getting robbed" because you found out they also took the watch in your drawer too a day after the robbery.

Pedro Motta

Love how you're defending something Sony has done... by comparing them to Microsoft's equally shitty practises.

As for Steam and Epic, yes... you sign up to those to play games on PC.
I'm not defending anything, what I'm saying it's normal practice on PC, even on console sometimes. I had to create a Bethesda account to play Doom Eternal on Console. People are being disingenuous with this.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I'm not defending anything, what I'm saying it's normal practice on PC, even on console sometimes. I had to create a Bethesda account to play Doom Eternal on Console. People are being disingenuous with this.

Ha ha! Now comparing Sony's practises to Bethesda. This isn't the stirring defence you think it is.

So, what's the big deal?

Every big publisher forces you to create an account and install their useless launchers, even if you buy the game through Steam. The same happens on console.
Yes and in this case you don't even have to use a seperate launcher or use the psn platform itself. Just an account......

All the people bitching now will still be playing after this becomes active. Mark my words!

Hell even on Steam people who say "Uninstalled/ asked for refund" are playing this very moment.

All talk and no walk.
Whining, spineless shits the lot of them.

Last edited:

Pedro Motta

Ha ha! Now comparing Sony's practises to Bethesda. This isn't the stirring defence you think it is.
One last time, I'm not defending anything, for one I am critic of the fact they did it NOW of all times, and not at launch. This was a dumb and shitty move on their part.

Pedro Motta

e8WeNTRYHWLKgr8Voytsti-1200-80.png.webp

Jesus fucking Christ, weren't tou complaining about the DLL replacements and now you're trying to make me believe people will go to the terminal to bypass authentication on Windows? Make up your mind man.

PS: Nevermind, I'm losing brain cells discussing with you people hahaha

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
They were part of the same breach and investigation. Sony reported PSN April 27 2011, and found that SOE were a part of that same breach May 1 2011 after an investigation. That's not "constantly leaking users info" however you like to slice it. It's like saying you're "constantly getting robbed" because you found out they also took the watch in your drawer too a day after the robbery.
Hyperbolic. Happy now?

Topher

Gold Member
Jesus fucking Christ, weren't tou complaining about the DLL replacements and now you're trying to make me believe people will go to the terminal to bypass authentication on Windows? Make up your mind man.

Of course they don't. You said it couldn't be bypassed. I was showing you that it could.

Settle down man

PS: Nevermind, I'm losing brain cells discussing with you people hahaha

If you think about it, you've learned a thing or two. You're welcome.

Last edited:

Pedro Motta

Of course they don't. You said it couldn't be bypassed. I was showing you that it could.

Settle down man

If you think about it, you've learned a thing or two. You're welcome.
Yes, I learned you're incoherent and use double standards on a discussion and you're not serious people.

Topher

Gold Member
You're not in your DLLs but you're all up in your CMD with some shortcuts and obscure commands when trying to get into your new windows machine to avoid that dreaded account sign up. I ask, is it any different?

No, not much different at all. Most people are just going to create an account. Simply showing that it could be bypassed. It wasn't meant to be some grand "gotcha".

Yes, I learned you're incoherent and use double standards on a discussion and you're not serious people.

See above. You are getting bent out of shape over nothing.

You're not in your DLLs but you're all up in your CMD with some shortcuts and obscure commands when trying to get into your new windows machine to avoid that dreaded account sign up. I ask, is it any different?
Zero file management and testing. Just enter command and execute. Almost as easy as clicking on an icon.

Three

All this complaints about DLLs and CMDs when all you're doing is literally following a 2 minute step-by-step guide online. THE HORROR! NO! I LACK THE BRAINCELLS TO READ AND FOLLOW PERFECTLY LAID-OUT INSTRUCTIONS!
Now imagine the horror of inputting a username and password. That's rocket science in comparison.

Guilty_AI

Now imagine the horror of inputting a username and password. That's rocket science in comparison.
I did live through the horror of having my info leaked on that PSN hack a decade ago.

"Oh but steam also got hacked!" The point is the more accounts you have spread through services, the easier it is for you to be a victim of something like that.

shaddam

I dont see the problem. Just create a fake account in 5 minutes. And BTW I am still using my UK account as my main since in 2010 there was no decent psn support in Hungary. I have never been to the UK and I got zero drawbacks in that last 14 years.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
But you've signed up for a MS live account no problem what if that leaks? Just create a fake account ffs. Stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill with fake outrage.
Then I will worry. So far never leaked.

no surprise here, this game's been a technical nightmare since day 1--so now it's create an account or lose everything on PC? Yeah, not surprised

bender

What time is it?
I dont see the problem. Just create a fake account in 5 minutes. And BTW I am still using my UK account as my main since in 2010 there was no decent psn support in Hungary. I have never been to the UK and I got zero drawbacks in that last 14 years.

You limey bastard.

Three

I did live through the horror of having my info leaked on that PSN hack a decade ago.

"Oh but steam also got hacked!" The point is the more accounts you have spread through services, the easier it is for you to be a victim of something like that.
Steam accounts were hacked too. Stop using steam.

Somebody used a PC mod to spread password stealing malware on steam. Stop using PC mods.

You can choose to live like that I guess.

Okay...
Step 1. Click link to account creation.
Step 2. Fill out 10 minutes worth of forms with personal information.
Step 3. Open email to verify.
Step 4. Gain nothing.
Step 5. Lose account information after update.
Step 6. Fail to recover account information because verification questions do not perfectly line up.
Step 7. Spend an evening on the line with customer support.
Step 8. Spend a week waiting for your account to be reinstated.
Step 9. Never buy another Sony game on PC again.

bender

What time is it?
Okay...
Step 1. Click link to account creation.
Step 2. Fill out 10 minutes worth of forms with personal information.
Step 3. Open email to verify.
Step 4. Gain nothing.
Step 5. Lose account information after update.
Step 6. Fail to recover account information because verification questions do not perfectly line up.
Step 7. Spend an evening on the line with customer support.
Step 8. Spend a week waiting for your account to be reinstated.
Step 9. Never buy another Sony game on PC again.

Step 10. You are so stressed out form the experience you start balding.
Step 11. Your wife leaves you.
Step 12. You have a midlife crisis at 27.
Step 13. To ease the pain you try heroin.
Step 14. Six months later, wrapped up in your new found addiction you die of toxoplasmosis because you stopped emptying the kitty litter for the cat you bought on a whim to try to fill the hole in your heart from your wife leaving you.

Top Bottom