• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Eleven |OT| Jean-Philippe IS BACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris121580

Those shots of Mary sticking her tongue out were hilarious. I never noticed it before. By the way, I still think Jon has this locked up

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So I'm watching an episode from season one of Hell's Kitchen.

Pretty wild how the series has changed. This gives you the glimpse of the real Gordon before he became a character on Fox.

He's really not bad on Kitchen Nightmares/Masterchef. Hell's Kitchen is the only show where he really freaks out.

Vibranium

Banned
So I'm watching an episode from season one of Hell's Kitchen.

Pretty wild how the series has changed. This gives you the glimpse of the real Gordon before he became a character on Fox.

Watch Kitchen Nightmares UK and you see more of the natural Ramsay with freakouts too, and waaay less editing than the US shows. I still like all his shows haha.

UberTag

No comments on tonight's episode? Everyone have E3 on the brain?
Zachy Wachy is no more. And, my oh my, is Susan getting cocky.

Grinchy

Banned
Zach needed to go. Ramsey did say he only had 4 black jackets, so I guess the next thing they're doing is another competition to get rid of one more person?

I wish they'd just get rid of Mary already. Her voice makes me want to drink gasoline.

Taborcarn

I liked that comment from Cyndi about Susan and Mary:

"I could leave right now and open my own restaurant. If you left right now you could barely be a line cook."

I liked that comment from Cyndi about Susan and Mary:

"I could leave right now and open my own restaurant. If you left right now you could barely be a line cook."
God that's great.
01laugh.gif

UberTag

I like Cyndi a lot. I'm not entirely buying the Jon hype with how badly the men performed as a collective unit.

Ja'Nel is still my fave... but I think Cyn could give her a solid run in the finale.

It's probably just me but no one has really been standing out to me as the person that will win this. They all seem kind of weak to me.

Anyone else think that or am I off?

Effnine

It's probably just me but no one has really been standing out to me as the person that will win this. They all seem kind of weak to me.

This has got to be one of the weakest cast of chefs I've seen on Hell's Kitchen. Not just you. I'm guessing they were going for people who would be over-the-top personalities for TV and didn't care much about cooking skills. Yeah, I know that's probably par for the course for Hell's Kitchen, but this year seems to take that idea to the extreme.

Grinchy

Banned
I have had a much harder time respecting the chefs on this show ever since I started watching Masterchef. The strongest chefs on this show don't seem like they would even last 2 days on the other show.

I have had a much harder time respecting the chefs on this show ever since I started watching Masterchef. The strongest chefs on this show don't seem like they would even last 2 days on the other show.

Completely different concepts when you think about it though. The core of Hells Kitchen is real world cooking in a high traffic restaurant. If anything, the previous episode of Master Chef with the bottom 4 in a 2 team cook off at BURGR is proof that they would likely struggle more in a real kitchen. And all they were making were hamburgers... Even Luca, who supposedly works in a restaurant struggled in this. I also think that they often get a lot more time to cook their dishes on Master Chef than the chefs in Hell's Kitchen get.

Grinchy

Banned
That's true, but I just mean I respect the level of culinary knowledge the people on Masterchef have compared to Hells Kitchen contestants. You brought up Luca, do you think most of the Hells Kitchen contestants would have been able to cook the lobster as well as he did at the end of the last episode?

beastworship

Neo Member
is this season worth watching? the moment i started the first episode i tuned out. something rubbed me the wrong way about having the signature dish challenge in front of a live audience since it is one of my favorite HK moments. i've considered revisiting it since i've seen every HK season up until now but that really annoyed me to the point of tapping out.

benjipwns

Banned
One thing to remember about MasterChef is that they're getting tons of off camera training, including how to produce each dish they'll face (just not knowing when) among other basics like cooking lobster or pasta or steak or whatever, whereas on Hell's Kitchen I'm not sure they receive anything more than the binders and their "training" is then in the services.

A good number of the HK cooks seem to do okay when given MasterChef like challenges to produce one dish, but then they fuck up hard in services because they have shitty time management and multitasking skills.

Ja'Nel is maybe the only one who even comes close to seeming like this and even she's had her fuckups.

That's true, but I just mean I respect the level of culinary knowledge the people on Masterchef have compared to Hells Kitchen contestants. You brought up Luca, do you think most of the Hells Kitchen contestants would have been able to cook the lobster as well as he did at the end of the last episode?

I think the technique would have been better, but odds are they would have under or over cooked it. The hells kitchen chefs really have no sense of timing.

Grinchy

Banned
lol Raj. I remember him. It's amazing when people post clips from past seasons that I watched, and I realize I don't remember a single person in the kitchen anymore.

Grinchy

Banned
lol was it any surprise that Susan started wearing her black glasses right when she got her black jacket?

Mary's dish with the homemade noodles looked really good. It's a shame her voice taints everything within a 2 mile radius.

Tamanon

Banned
It has been really weird how many times we don't even get service. They just know Gordon's one of their only consistent draws and it's cheap to produce. Just stretch it!

It has been really weird how many times we don't even get service. They just know Gordon's one of their only consistent draws and it's cheap to produce. Just stretch it!

HOTEL, HOTEL HELL! IF YOU THINK THE BEER IS ROTTEN YOU SHOULD SEE THE CLIENTELE! HOTEL, HOTEL HELL!

RangersFan

Is the audio sketchy for anyone else? My center channel is getting lower dialogue every few seconds. About to switch to a non surround set.

RangersFan

lol another filler episode lol. yeah, this is the last season of HK i'm watching. too much tv, not enough time to watch them all. this season has put HK on the chopping block for me.

Mudkips

Banned
Can't even believe they brought back the useless girl that stole the win from Petrozza.
Should have just brought back Robert for the 37th time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom