• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Twelve |OT| You steppin' on me real hard, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhood56

Banned
13 minutes in and there are already some gifable moments! But I am surprised that the en are doing so well so far, except for that idiot who talked shit behind ramsays back.

Laieon

Oh man, this came out of nowhere. I'll catch it tomorrow, I have 0 interest in cooking in real life, but I love watching Ramsey's shows. I was disappointed to hear Kitchen Nightmares had been postponed.

Scallops and risotto, the world's hardest dishes to make based on HK.

Yet on any cooking show, they are the easiest things to make.

The only thing I'd give them,if you're on a stove you never used before you may not know the real hot spots on burners and what not.

benjipwns

Banned
Yet on any cooking show, they are the easiest things to make.

The only thing I'd give them,if you're on a stove you never used before you may not know the real hot spots on burners and what not.
Yeah, the other one they're always fucking up a bunch that I can't remember is just oven timing.

bluehat9

I feel like I can make passable scallops at this point, and I am not a good cook.

But fingers in food still isn't as bad as when the one contestant took spaghetti out of the trash and wanted to serve it (and Ramsey still kept her if I remember right).

benjipwns

Banned
But fingers in food still isn't as bad as when the one contestant took spaghetti out of the trash and wanted to serve it (and Ramsey still kept her if I remember right).
Oh god, I forgot about that one. And she was a good contestant otherwise IIRC.

What I don't get in the early service episodes; the people working the meats and dessert stations never even have to do anything. Why don't they help more?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
CRAP! I Didn't even know about this.

Ummm...

I pick this guy.

QCmpFMb.png

RetroMG

Chef Richard looked really familiar, and it was driving me crazy. I finally googled him and realized he was on Chef Wanted with Anne Burrell, which my wife really likes. He won the episode that he was on.

Chef Richard looked really familiar, and it was driving me crazy. I finally googled him and realized he was on Chef Wanted with Anne Burrell, which my wife really likes. He won the episode that he was on.
it's a different ball game when ramsay is all over your shit though lol

After last night's episode I have to make a few comments.

Do NONE of the chef's going into this competition do any fucking research at all? Have they even watched the show before? They all just seem so unprepared like they were told 30 minutes before they left for it that they were going to be on it. Not that I'm a chef but if it was me, I'd be practicing scallops, risotto, beef wellington, and meat temps 5 fucking days a week.

I totally get that when you're under the pressure, and Ramsay is screaming at you things are MUCH MUCH harder. That said though if you've practice making scallops 5 days a week for the last 6 months you're going to be running on instinct at that point, and the pressure and yelling is going to effect you less.

Then like some one else mentioned there's the standing around and doing nothing while your ship crashes and burns. Every season Ramsay basically comes out and says he's looking not just for some one who can cook but some one who can lead a team. He wants some one that when scallops have come back a 3rd time is going to jump on that station and fix shit.

If it was me, I'd be watching Ramsay's other shows to find out what he likes, and tailor my signature dish to that. I'd also be working on perfecting that 5 days a week. That's me though man, if I was competing for 250k I'd be fucking prepared.

It just seems like each season they get about 5 maybe 6 decent quality chefs, and the rest are just complete fuck ups.

Least no one went home by illness or by choice on the first episode this time.

Taborcarn

Heh, the packaged tortellini guy is from the next town over from where I live. Just another guy giving the Jersey shore a bad name.

Gothos

This show completely flew under my radar, jumping in now, I love Ramsey shows :D Hotel Hell was awesome!
Anyway, which seasons of Hell's Kitchen would you guys recommend to watch?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This show completely flew under my radar, jumping in now, I love Ramsey shows :D Hotel Hell was awesome!
Anyway, which seasons of Hell's Kitchen would you guys recommend to watch?

Season 6 was by far the best year.
Along with having the best winner, it had the greatest meltdowns.

RetroMG

So happy Jean Phillipe is back. Watching season 8 right now on Hulu, and James just isn't cutting it. JP is one of the things that makes the show.

Aside from an absentee JP, Season 8 is pretty awesome. It has probably the craziest cook they've had so far (Raj) and the best "I love to hate you" contestant. (Sabrina)

Worst opening though. The Gulliver's Travels thing was stupid.

Camwi

After last night's episode I have to make a few comments.

Do NONE of the chef's going into this competition do any fucking research at all? Have they even watched the show before? They all just seem so unprepared like they were told 30 minutes before they left for it that they were going to be on it. Not that I'm a chef but if it was me, I'd be practicing scallops, risotto, beef wellington, and meat temps 5 fucking days a week.

I totally get that when you're under the pressure, and Ramsay is screaming at you things are MUCH MUCH harder. That said though if you've practice making scallops 5 days a week for the last 6 months you're going to be running on instinct at that point, and the pressure and yelling is going to effect you less.

Then like some one else mentioned there's the standing around and doing nothing while your ship crashes and burns. Every season Ramsay basically comes out and says he's looking not just for some one who can cook but some one who can lead a team. He wants some one that when scallops have come back a 3rd time is going to jump on that station and fix shit.

If it was me, I'd be watching Ramsay's other shows to find out what he likes, and tailor my signature dish to that. I'd also be working on perfecting that 5 days a week. That's me though man, if I was competing for 250k I'd be fucking prepared.

It just seems like each season they get about 5 maybe 6 decent quality chefs, and the rest are just complete fuck ups.

Least no one went home by illness or by choice on the first episode this time.

I think I mention that to my wife again when a new season starts. If you know you're going to be on the show, buy a few pounds of scallops and cook them over and over again until it becomes automatic. It's like learning how to build a fire if you know you're going to be on Survivor. Common sense shit.

So happy Jean Phillipe is back. Watching season 8 right now on Hulu, and James just isn't cutting it. JP is one of the things that makes the show.

Aside from an absentee JP, Season 8 is pretty awesome. It has probably the craziest cook they've had so far (Raj) and the best "I love to hate you" contestant. (Sabrina)

Worst opening though. The Gulliver's Travels thing was stupid.

James sucked. Glad he's gone.

Anyways, fucking LOVED the first episode and you just know this is going to be a great season. They got a lot of psychos this time. That trio of women who were fighting are all fucking nuts, though I have no idea how Chef didn't pick Nicole to go first. Who just up and quits their station like that? Plus she couldn't cook a thing! Oh well, I'm sure she'll be the first of the women to go.

Also, I'm having flashbacks of last season with this men's team mostly looking awful. They're going to get demolished again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom