• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidden command to unlock Wonder Bayonetta (and others) in The Wondeful 101 released!

thefro

Is there a Sega copyright anywhere in W101? Because Sega owns the character Bayonetta.

It's in both the instructional manual & the credits (Bayonetta characters (C) Sega). We knew that from launch date, but some people thought it might be referring to Luka (who does look like a kid version of Luka from Bayonetta).

Krejlooc

Banned
It's in both the instructional manual & the credits (Bayonetta characters (C) Sega). We knew that from launch date, but some people thought it might be referring to Luka (who does look like a kid version of Luka from Bayonetta).

sneaky sneak :)

Ventara

Oh shit! This is awesome! I really need to get around to playing this game, though it'll have to wait until I finish Bayonetta1 & 2.

SegaShack

Man it makes me so happy to have secret cheat codes in games still. Makes me miss the old days.

I remember browsing sites for codes for my Gameboy games, good times.

Zubz

Banned
Well, I know what I'm doing while I wait for that Hard Drive USB connector to download Bayonettas 1 & 2 with. Seriously, I love W101, but I'll admit I don't have the skills to get some of these characters, and unlocking Bayonetta requires you to 100% the game anyway; by that point, I'd probably just stop playing the game for a good while and she'd only be there for bragging rights!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Just tried them out. Impressive that this secret went unnoticed for a year.
Granted, most of it is that barely anyone played it. Hopefully now they will.

All you "I'm only getting Wii U for Bayo 2" people are part of the problem!

Roto13

I always assumed there were cheat codes to unlock these guys. A lot of the criteria are pretty unreasonable. You could unlock everything in Bayonetta with cheats, too.

I put all of these in today. (Took a while because I wasn't sure if I had to actually finish all of these levels, so I did.) Now I feel complete.

Squishy3

Kamiya is to Luka as Swery is to Forrest Kaysen. Expect a character named Luka with the same scarf in Scalebound.

This is amazing, thanks a lot for posting these. I got all the ones I needed working, except the 06-B one. From the pic it looks like the spot just before the boss fight, right? Anyone else got it to work?

Too bad that game sucks.

Drive by posting, threadshitting and trolling are bannable offenses in this forum. Just a friendly reminder.

This is amazing, thanks a lot for posting these. I got all the ones I needed working, except the 06-B one. From the pic it looks like the spot just before the boss fight, right? Anyone else got it to work?

Anyone? :/

Edit: Finally managed it. You have to be in a super specific spot (exactly the one in the screenshot): even the dodge from holding ZR will move you too far.

Zomba13

So I tried this in the prologue but not hearing a chime. Do you need the cash on you when you do the cheat? I thought it'd unlock them to buy in the store. Anyone know a good place to grind money?

Porcile

Still not as good as Wonder Movie!

Wonder-Movie.jpg

LAA

So I tried this in the prologue but not hearing a chime. Do you need the cash on you when you do the cheat? I thought it'd unlock them to buy in the store. Anyone know a good place to grind money?

I'm having trouble using the codes too. Do you hold ZR? Are the arrow keys for the Dpad? Do you press XBYA at the same time or seperately?

Zomba13

I'm having trouble using the codes too. Do you hold ZR? Are the arrow keys for the Dpad? Do you press XBYA at the same time or seperately?

Held ZR, used D-Pad, Directions and XBYA entered both quickly and slower. No jingle and nothing upon level completion in the store. I do only have like 400,000 O-parts or whatever so I dunno if I need to have the right amount on me when I enter the code and I dunno where the best place to quickly grind out money is.

Scum

Haven't tried this out but if it's anything like the codes in Bayonetta 1 then make sure you have 1 million+ O-parts when you input the code(s).

Top Bottom