• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideaki Itsuno apoligizes for his game not being at E3.

Kyoufu

If Lord Itsuno-sama is making DMC5 then i hope it shakes up the formula, If it's another combat arena action game like DMC4 then I'm not sure I'd be very interested tbh. If anything, taking it back to its DMC1 origin with more emphasis placed on atmosphere would be more exciting than a linear, room-to-room character action game.

Espada

If Lord Itsuno-sama is making DMC5 then i hope it shakes up the formula, If it's another combat arena action game like DMC4 then I'm not sure I'd be very interested tbh. If anything, taking it back to its DMC1 origin with more emphasis placed on atmosphere would be more exciting than a linear, room-to-room character action game.

I do agree that DMC5 needs to move the series forward. It's been 9 years since DMC4 was first released, and a decent bunch of character action games have been released since then. Itsuno should be aware of this and update the series. Things like fixed camera angles need to go.

My main worry is that Capcom's latest output has had quality issues, so I'm trying to keep my expectations in check.

paolo11

Come on Itsuno, show off this badboy!

devil_may_cry_5__sons_of_sparda_logo_by_risingsun16-daj5qxt.jpg

I love that!!

KingBroly

Banned
I wanna make a Mega Man cancelled joke here, but I keep mixing up the words.

Sadly, I think if it's DMC, it's going to be a reboot and not DMC5

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Dragon's Dogma 2 is not happening.
They've said countless times that it is Dragon's Dogma Online, and Capcom recently said that they still want to bring it to the west.

Yea, it won't happen if all they're doing is releasing DDO and a remaster of DD. It's stupid. I last read that DD sales were at 2.3 million, why wouldn't they release a sequel? It's crazy to let that property sit and just sink resources into a re-release that likely won't move much software when a sequel would sale a fair amount and also expand the fanbase as well. I hope you're wrong and they do release a DD2. If Deep Down was any indication, Capcom is interested in acquiring the fans of the Souls series and so they should definitely release a Dragon's Dogma sequel, a game in the same vein but with it's own distinctive identity.

Sesha

DD2 can still happen without Itsuno directing. He didn't direct Dark Arisen, despite directing DMC3 Special Edition and DMC4 Special Edition.

The level design will probably be different. DMC4 started development in 2005 and was essentially a 2005 game in terms of design. And MT Framework at the time could mostly only support the kind of small boxed rooms that DMC3 and 4 had.

Neonep

I wanna make a Mega Man cancelled joke here, but I keep mixing up the words.

Sadly, I think if it's DMC, it's going to be a reboot and not DMC5
Explain to me why do you think it's going to be a reboot? They tried that already and failed.

Explain to me why do you think it's going to be a reboot? They tried that already and failed.
Yah I don't see it being a reboot. From twitter, youtube, etc, people are craving the old DMC to make a return. That would make a larger impact sales wise and to the public if Capcom makes a mainline DMC vs a reboot.

Anteater

is their any legitimate reason why it has not be the equal chance to be that besides other possiblites?

reason is that NT is not working on a dmc game, DmC is also not well received by its fanbase (even if it could be visual wise), if hideaki itsuno is working on a new dmc game it would be a sequel to his own, sure he could take some inspirations and some design decisions from DmC though

Sure DmC2 could still happen, but I think it'd be prioritized lower than the main dmc games for publicity reason

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
DD2 can still happen without Itsuno directing. He didn't direct Dark Arisen, despite directing DMC3 Special Edition and DMC4 Special Edition.

The level design will probably be different. DMC4 started development in 2005 and was essentially a 2005 game in terms of design. And MT Framework at the time could mostly only support the kind of small boxed rooms that DMC3 and 4 had.

I sincerely hope that the game takes place after the events of DMC2 and sees Dante journeying ever deeper into Hell and traversing the 9 Circles to find Vergil's soul and restore him to life. It's really that simple and for some reason Capcom is dragging their feet. Each circle acts as a realm that has its own distinctive enemies, who in some way reflect the cardinal sin and punishment of that area. There will be bosses, hopefully inspired by literary demons, that'd lord over the areas and feature mini-bosses that are the manifestation of a sin. The realms would connect is some way and feature hidden areas, etc.

That's what I want from the next DMC

Akiller

Kinoshita directed it, so i guess he was responsible for Bitterblack Island aka the best D'sD level.
Though, he's DDO director now.

Rncewind

reason is that NT is not working on a dmc game, DmC is also not well received by its fanbase (even if it could be visual wise), if hideaki itsuno is working on a new dmc game it would be a sequel to his own, sure he could take some inspirations and some design decisions from DmC though

Sure DmC2 could still happen, but I think it'd be prioritized lower than the main dmc games for publicity reason

true but 1. we talking about capcom 2. im not sure if this we rebooting things but then we are now cancelling the reboot thing is actually smart in itself

again not saying that what you written made no sense but it seems like people dismissing that probality to easily or maybe taking a dmc 5 continuation of the older series to certain

Neonep

true but 1. we talking about capcom 2. im not sure if this we rebooting things but then we are now cancelling the reboot thing is actually smart in itself

again not saying that what you written made no sense but it seems like people dismissing that probality to easily or maybe taking a dmc 5 continuation of the older series to certain
Capcom is probably going to pretend like that game never existed. That game was probably the worst PR situation I've ever seen for a Capcom game, head and shoulders above that SFXT thing. They don't want to have that again. Also the game didn't perform well. It barely sold more than DMC2 and DMC2 is considered the worst in the franchise and was released exclusively on the PS2. While DmC released on PS3, 360, and PC at the same time and became heavily discounted not too long after release. Capcom had to lower their sales expectations twice with that game because it was underperforming. That is the reality with that game. At the end of the day the game was a poor decision from inception and I'm sure Capcom as a company would like to take that one back.

Asking for DmC2 is like asking for some cheap inferior off brand dante instead of the real thing. I want a real action game that doesnt feel and animate like shit.

Top Bottom