• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidetaka Miyazaki spotted in LA

Bartski

Gold Member
This is important.

With Shadow of the Erdtree preview events out of the way, the only reasonable guest appearance event seems like tomorrow's Xbox showcase. Could those old rumors about FROM concocting something with team green be true?

SJRB

Gold Member
If he's there for a public event I'm sure it's "just" Elden Ring-related.

The DLC comes out in two weeks, it's the perfect moment for some promotion.

Xbox drags him on stage, "look everyone we have the Elden Ring guy, you love Elden Ring don't you", Miyazaki says "Elden Ring DLC is the pinnacle of Fromsoftware development, please enjoy", Phil Spencer feigns something exclusive by talking about a world premiere and "Elden Ring for Xbox" to leave people semi-confused and it's another Elden Ring trailer.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
There to introduce an Xbox exclusive FROM Soulslike?
I don't think so, but the outrage potential would be off the charts. Talking 50 page GAF thread with incoherent babbling and gnashing of the teeth.

Why would he announce an exclusive for a console that nobody is buying? There are less developers wanting to put their games on XBox these days, not more.

Last edited:
Why would he announce an exclusive for a console that nobody is buying? There are less developers wanting to put their games on XBox these days, not more.
Because Microsoft will pay him for it, presumably. Also if the game is also on PC it'll still make them more money than Bloodborne.

GrayChild

SAVE US, MASTER! BRING US SALVATION, DELIVER US FROM THE DECAYING ABYSS OF MONOTONY, WARD OFF THE SICKNESS BESTOWED UPON US BY THE SOUL-DRAINING DEI-INFUSED WORKS OF TRANSGRESSION, AND MAKE THE PAIN OF OUR MUNDANE EXISTENCE GO AWAY!

Ahem...

I don't expect much, but if it's not related to Shadow of the Erdtree (is there anything left to show apart from your typical launch trailer), I hope for some new Armored Core stuff, or even a short teaser for some of their next projects.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
SAVE US, MASTER! BRING US SALVATION, DELIVER US FROM THE DECAYING ABYSS OF MONOTONY, WARD OFF THE SICKNESS BESTOWED UPON US BY THE SOUL-DRAINING DEI-INFUSED WORKS OF TRANSGRESSION, AND MAKE THE PAIN OF OUR MUNDANE EXISTENCE GO AWAY!

Ahem...

I don't expect much, but if it's not related to Shadow of the Erdtree (is there anything left to show apart from your typical launch trailer), I hope for some new Armored Core stuff, or even a short teaser for some of their next projects.

And this is why he likely had a restraining order in place against certain people here before he even landed.

tommib

Gold Member
Can someone in LA ask him about King's Field?
Major League Baseball Please GIF by Detroit Tigers

digdug2

He is dropping bllodborne 2 exclusively for Xbox.
That's actually how they're going to spell it too so that there's no copyright infringement. Bllodborne 2, taking place in Yamham. You'll take on enemies such as Father Gastank, Margo's Day Nurse, and the Man Prescence.

Hopefully while he's in the states he takes the opportunity to drown in the absolute buckets and buckets load of egirl poontang I'm sure he would get for being the creator the egirl catnip that is Dark Souls and Elden Ring.

Last edited:

Neff

If Phil does one thing right during his miserable decade-long tenure, then bagging an exclusive Soulsbourniro would be it.

Top Bottom