• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Patch 1.30 adds New Game+, Ultra Hard difficulty and lots more

Just_one

So... How hard is this "ultra hard" mode ?
For people on NG+

just started the game and done the mission where you have to kill a Sawtooth for the first time (before the challenges) and i got hit once and it took all my armor away (got the shield armor) so it´s more difficult for sure.

Also noticed that machines can sense you from a far distance now to you have to be careful walking around.

Now im familiar with the controls of the game so its a good challenge... so far lol

Bramble

For people on NG+

I played a few hours yesterday. Didn't take any hits but I noticed you get spotted much faster. Enemies are also more aggressive and can take a lot more damage.

Sawtooth mission at the beginning was a piece of cake though. I blew of some parts with a tear arrow form the top of the hill where you start. Then I jumped down and unloaded some fire arrows at it so it went into elemental state. After that I threw in a sticky bomb and grabbed my ropecaster, but it was already destroyed after that.

Thanks Guerilla. You added this but you still don't want to add model/character viewer mode eventhough you have been showing what looks like it even before the game release?
I still hope they reconsider their decision.

Playsage

For people on NG+

Machine do more damage and are more aggressive (sometimes I can't even use a strong melee attack between the recovery for a move and their next attack)

Still late-game gear is going to wreck the Nora lands machines
I was able to take down the first Corruptor in less than 30 seconds

Machine do more damage and are more aggressive (sometimes I can't even use a strong melee attack between the recovery for a move and their next attack)

Still late-game gear is going to wreck the Nora lands machines
I was able to take down the first Corruptor in less than 30 seconds

Yeah, and I expect an aggressive damage/handling Sharpshooter loadout will continue to make short work of the Deathbringer encounters all the way through the game.

I just downloaded the patch, super excited to start NG+

But apparently my save is gone. I already have the platinum but all I can find are some save games from the very beginning and one from about halfway through the game where I am lv 41.

Thats a huge bummer. I don't think I'll have the motivation to finish the game again only to play it again in NG+.

A friend of mine played through the beginning of the game a few weeks ago. I guess he accidentally overwrote my main save game -.-

But apparently my save is gone. I already have the platinum but all I can find are some save games from the very beginning and one from about halfway through the game where I am lv 41.

Thats a huge bummer. I don't think I'll have the motivation to finish the game again only to play it again in NG+.

A friend of mine played through the beginning of the game a few weeks ago. I guess he accidentally overwrote my main save game -.-

Oh nooooooo 😢

They got rid of immediately selling a full stack with a second press of the square button.

That really grinds my gears. To a halt, while I move the slider over and then wait for the X press to finish the transaction. Bah!

tumblr_omyzavKLBp1t00bifo3_540.gif

Any excuse for more Vanasha love is worth it. Abs for DAYS.

I actually think that looks pretty gross on women.

Aloy's abs are much nicer.

I saw that Horizon got patched last night, this seems like pretty cool stuff. Ultra Hard sounds great. I bumped the game up to the max about halfway through and it still left me a bit wanting by the end.

Love seeing postgame support like this. I'm not quite ready to jump back into Horizon quite yet, but I'm sure I'll give it another playthrough before the sequel hits.

SirNinja

Damn, the first major DLC isn't even out and this game has already received more post-launch support than most games receive in total.

Melchiah

The same happened to me on the PS1, and ever since no-one plays on my system unsupervised. People can be disappointingly inconsiderate.

Dr.Sanchez

Neo Member
For people on NG+

The machines seem to spot me easier than before(though the stealth armor is still broken). They're more aggressive too. Regardless, it isn't that bad, but I have yet to fight the tougher machines like the stormbird.

DrFurbs

Hi guys.

I'm watching a video by Jorraptor about what's new in HZD and he's going through the armor, mods and weapons etc. I don't have this game btw, but it is all very monster hunterish.

Is this game somewhat close to MH? If it's not, do you think Gurellia games has a frame work close to MH whereby in future updates they could make it an integral part of the game (armor and weapons upgrades) to kill harder monsters?

That's because the patriarchy has reinforced that women who are physically imposing be viewed as "ugly" in order to maintain physical supremacy

Your brain is not your own

crystal-black-andbougie-theyre-the-best-gymnasts-in-the-world-3353326.png

People cannot have their own preferences and opinions because patriarchy, got it. I don't find "cut" women attractive either but I don't find it "gross" or ugly, just not for me.

hydruxo

Ultra Hard really isn't too bad so far. Enemies spot you quicker and it takes some getting used to not knowing how much health they have left since the health bars are disabled. It's a huge help that you have all your gear already in NG+ though, makes most encounters pretty easy. Ultra Hard from the very start with the limited gear from starting a fresh playthrough would be rough, I'd imagine.

Definitely recommend not using the Shieldweaver armor if you plan on doing Ultra Hard and want a challenge. It trivializes it just as much as it did in the other difficulties.

Definitely recommend not using the Shieldweaver armor if you plan on doing Ultra Hard and want a challenge. It trivializes it just as much as it did in the other difficulties.
That's really not true. 1 hit is absorbed, everything else is getting through. You can die very quickly with it on and I have.

On other difficulties it basically made you immune. That's not the case now.

JusDoIt

People cannot have their own preferences and opinions because patriarchy, got it. I don't find "cut" women attractive either but I don't find it "gross" or ugly, just not for me.

People can have preferences and opinions, but people who live in patriarchal societies often have patriarchal preferences and opinions.

Not

Banned
People cannot have their own preferences and opinions because patriarchy, got it.

That's right.

Your brain developed in our society. Your opinions are because of what you see.

Anyway, Vanasha's hot in both outfits. Hope she's in the DLC somehow? Want to see the cold weather version!

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
They got rid of immediately selling a full stack with a second press of the square button.

That really grinds my gears. To a halt, while I move the slider over and then wait for the X press to finish the transaction. Bah!
Just press triangle over it to highlight X to delete/sell etc

bombshell

The same happened to me on the PS1, and ever since no-one plays on my system unsupervised. People can be disappointingly inconsiderate.

You guys should make it a habit to backup your saves. With the new shortcut on every game tile it's now even easier to upload saves to the PS+ cloud, or if you're not a member you can just backup to a USB stick.

That will prevent future head aches of losing important saves.

hbkdx12

Decided to jump into NG+ ultra hard after coming off my normal playthrough

So far, things things feel fair but each interaction feels like it requires a fairly serious degree of fore thought and planning in how you want to tackle the situation. I never used a single trap on my normal playthrough and now im constantly running out of them and have to craft them on the fly.

Bandits on normal were boring and tedious and now they're just frustratingly tedious. Dealing with them often times feels more difficult than dealing with the machines because they do a lot of bobbing and weaving and have more health and it can feel like it's a drain on your resources if you're not nailing all your shots. I've been avoiding bandit camps for this reason. I might be going crazy but it seems like their hitboxes have shrunk. I feel like i've missed plenty of shots that look like they graze them and it some how completely wiffs.

Melchiah

You guys should make it a habit to backup your saves. With the new shortcut on every game tile it's now even easier to upload saves to the PS+ cloud, or if you're not a member you can just backup to a USB stick.

It's easy now, but back in the PS1 days my only save file was on the card that was attached to the system, as I had just started the game. The guy just saved his progress on it, erasing mine in the process. It was also costly to have backup save cards on the PS1/2, given how few files they could hold.

bombshell

It's easy now, but back in the PS1 days my only save file was on the card that was attached to the system, as I had just started the game. The guy just saved his progress on it, erasing mine in the process. It was also costly to have backup save cards on the PS1/2, given how few files they could hold.

Oh definitely a problem back then, but you phrased it like it's still a problem today, which I don't find it to be with the easy backup options.

Melchiah

Oh definitely a problem back then, but you phrased it like it's still a problem today, which I don't find it to be with the easy backup options.

I tend to think it's better to be safe than sorry. Eventhough the backup saves are uploaded automatically to the server, there have been few times when they haven't, and I don't tend to check them all the time. Then there are online games, like Destiny and Let It Die, where you could easily erase someone's progress, including gear and characters, and there's no backup for them.

I guess that the lesson I should learn from this.
But damn... I spent at least 20 hours after I had finished the game to collect the best mods.

Cyborg

This is why I love GG. Great update.

They took a risk and tried something new and it pays off. I will support this no matter what. Keep up the good work.

hydruxo

That's really not true. 1 hit is absorbed, everything else is getting through. You can die very quickly with it on and I have.

On other difficulties it basically made you immune. That's not the case now.

No, it is true. That one extra hit helps a lot.

Gold_Loot

That's right.

Your brain developed in our society. Your opinions are because of what you see.

Anyway, Vanasha's hot in both outfits. Hope she's in the DLC somehow? Want to see the cold weather version!
I'm sure it's pretty human to have different tastes and attractions to different kinds of people.

Tovarisc

I'm sure it's pretty human to have different tastes and attractions to different kinds of people.

But you can't ignore that society and its standards shape views on e.g. what kind physical appearance is found attractive and healthy by large majority. It isn't sole defining factor for things like that e.g., but plays part in it.

But you can't ignore that society and its standards shape views on e.g. what kind physical appearance is found attractive and healthy by large majority. It isn't sole defining factor for things like that e.g., but plays part in it.

The intake of calories necessary to maintain such a body is unlikely to be healthy and probably will result in a shorter life. Men or women that push there body to the limits in any way are likely not healthy and are likely to be less attractive to the majority of society because of it. I find men who are overly built kinda odd looking but since I'm only sexually attracted to women, as most men are, Its hard to really give my perspective on the attractiveness of the male body since I don't naturally feel much, if any attraction to the body type to begin with. You can say that maybe it is about society, but I think its more of a evolutionary gift, not that its necessarily good that we don't see overweight or overly built people as unattractive, as a slightly overweight person I wish it was not so, but it is a positive when looking at survival of the species, something we are less worried about today but was definitely important to us still being around.

Idk I could be wrong, I am more interested In economics then I am social and cultural issues and norms, So i don't really think about it that often.

Ultimadrago

I'm failing to see where the issue is in that, for this particular situation. Is the takeaway that people who find ripped females most attractive are sole heroes freed from society's oppressive shackles? Because that's nonsense.

Tovarisc

I'm failing to see where the issue is in that, for this particular situation. Is the takeaway that people who find ripped females attractive are sole heroes freed from society's oppressive shackles? Because that's nonsense.

I'm not making such argument, no. My point is that society and its norms does have influence on what people view e.g. as attractive. I also acknowledge that it isn't only influencing or defining element to it, but its part can't be ignored.

Ultimadrago

I'm not making such argument, no. My point is that society and its norms does have influence on what people view e.g. as attractive. I also acknowledge that it isn't only influencing or defining element to it, but its part can't be ignored.

I see, apologies for the brief assumption. I just didn't know where it was going; I can certainly agree with that.

Gold_Loot

Sure sure no doubt that trends, media and society in general does have some sway in what people view as attractive, but we can still be diverse in our opinions and tastes.

Top Bottom