• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Patch 1.30 adds New Game+, Ultra Hard difficulty and lots more

Ravelle

I'm a wimp that thinks Normal was already too unforgiving with its damage, I can understand big ass animal robots wrecking shop but human enemies did just as much for some reason.

alexbull_uk

Started my NG+ run earlier and thankfully you get to keep
Sylens' Lance
&
Shield-Weaver Armour

Also noticed that you keep earning what they call 'ghost levels' every 100k XP.

Hmm...Not sure what I should do. I beat the game on Normal, then started immediately again on Very Hard but never finished because I got burnt out. I now want to do an Ultra Hard New Game+ playthrough, but never got the Shield Weaver armor.

Do I...
  • Finish my Very Hard playthrough first to get the armor? I fear this would just burn me out again and ruin my excitement to play New Game+.
  • Start New Game+ without the armor? I fear that I might feel gimped and regret playing without getting the armor first.

Hmm...Not sure what I should do. I beat the game on Normal, then started immediately again on Very Hard but never finished because I got burnt out. I now want to do an Ultra Hard New Game+ playthrough, but never got the Shield Weaver armor.

Do I...
  • Finish my Very Hard playthrough first to get the armor? I fear this would just burn me out again and ruin my excitement to play New Game+.
  • Start New Game+ without the armor? I fear that I might feel gimped and regret playing without getting the armor first.

We can only guess, but it seems like kind of a flawed design if they only way to reasonably beat Ultra Hard to to wear one pre determined set of armor...

It has ugy headgear, but you'll disable them pretty quickly, trust me (except for Shadow Stalwart, Aloy looks like a legit superhero with the headgear).

uwsnSNK.jpg

It's too bad the artist couldn't recreate the facial features found in this piece of artwork.
It's awesome!
On that same note,I hate it when 3d modelers don't properly match the 2D artist vision.

Edit: I do feel that her legs are a bit short, but I haven't played or kept up with this game,
so there might be a reason why.

uwsnSNK.jpg

It's too bad the artist couldn't recreate the facial features found in this piece of artwork.
It's awesome!
On that same note,I hate it when 3d modelers don't properly match the 2D artist vision.

Edit: I do feel that her legs are a bit short, but I haven't played or kept up with this game,
so there might be a reason why.

This picture alone seriously pisses me off that you don't get this armor set from the start of NG+

Such poop.

How much have you played? How can it feel dead when all the details are so good, the world feels so lived in.

+1

One of the very, very rare games where even after I finished, on occasion, I would boot it up just to walk around in the environments. Tried to avoid fast traveling too much also, as it was always more fun to walk place to place.

Mathieran

Banned
I've been itchin for a new game+, but I didn't expect new gear and other stuff too! I need to work down my backlog and play this again.

MaKTaiL

Been playing NG+ on Ultra Hard for a while and.... It's been pretty easy so far. I'm speed running my way through it. Just reached the Grave-Hoard quest in 2 hours.

Humdinger

Gold Member
+1

One of the very, very rare games where even after I finished, on occasion, I would boot it up just to walk around in the environments. Tried to avoid fast traveling too much also, as it was always more fun to walk place to place.

Same here. Didn't fast travel at all until after the main story ended. I just enjoyed walking around the world too much, and I find walking more immersive than fast travel. Helped to level up, too, because you're getting into a lot more fights that way, vs. fast travelling.

And same here about booting it up just to walk around. I don't think there has ever been a game world that I enjoyed just being in more than Horizon.

TheFatMan

One of the best games of all time just got even better. Go forth and buy this right now if you haven't you will not regret it I promise.

Actually now that I think about it this may make a speed run to blast through the game again very fun. I'll have to do that when I get my copy back from my friend.

Floody

The support for this game has been really great, almost all my issues have been fixed (only need an improved melee combat and there'll be none left, but I'm confident that'll come with 2). Can't wait to jump back in for a second playthrough closer to the DLC release.
Great job GG.

Haines

Banned
Welcome patch but i cant see myself playing through this much more when im done.

Maybe some exploring but...im not sure how compelling the side stuff is so far.

Put it in your cloud storage just to be safe. Usually a great way to make sure you don't have your save overwriten.

i wasn't aware there was a way to do that, so i've probably overwritten it by now. i'll check later.

edit: lucky me, I still have a few saves from March.

Ok I'm definitely rusty but you can feel the difficulty spike even from Hard/Very Hard. The first
sawtooth
you encounter takes a lot more effort and finesse to take down. The creatures see you from much further away and aggro much more easily.

Does anyone have a line to how to get the new weapons? Just at the merchants when I progress further (just did the proving)?

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but should I plat the game before I get the update? After the update is it possible to plat the game without getting the two new trophies?

alexbull_uk

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but should I plat the game before I get the update? After the update is it possible to plat the game without getting the two new trophies?

The trophies are their own self contained thing, so they count toward overall completion but not platinum progress.

Top Bottom