• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floody

Does anyone expect this game's price to drop by the summer?

Seeing as Nintendo rarely drops prices for their big titles, I'm thinking it would be better if I pick up Horizon later after a price cut, or I'd be waiting FOREVER for a Zelda price cut :p

There's really no point in buying both games together or near one another since I can only focus on one at a time anyway.

It's hard to say with Sony, I think Uncharted 4 took a really long time to drop, but then TLG dropped in like a month. Probably more likely than Zelda, but I wouldn't 100% expect it.

Hanmik

Trying to avoid as much information on the the game as possible.

But could do any of the reviews talk about roughly how many hours worth of content there is?

main story is something like 20+ hours ..
if you do all ... then something like 60+ hours..
source.. me.. and some other reviews .. ;o)

Fantastic reviews!

I personally will be waiting to pick this up since Zelda looks/plays so much better imo but as long as theres no big glitches I will also pick Horizon soonish. Have Zelda, then Persona, and also need to start/finish Gravity Rush 2 so I have a busy first half of the year, but I am very much looking forward to explore Horizon's world too! :D

I was always excited for this game because of how great it looks but I honestly expected 7's and 8's. I'm pleasantly surprised to see so many 9's! Especially the 9.5 from Polygon.

So this is good? Wow! I'm still of the fence because I hate the way Far Cry is built. Well, it's not supposed to be as empty so there's hope. :D

rockx4

Avatar bet? It will be fall before Horizon drops.

Why would I bet... I never said it would drop for certain. I said "probably", and even if it doesn't there will be sales. A lower price would be nice when I have more time to play it, but I'll buy it eventually.

Zojirushi

Hm I'm somewhat conflicted between great scores and Jeff saying that it's essentially a Far Cry ass Far Cry game which is not at all the type of game I'm in the market for right now.

Tubie

Is it too spoleiry? I want to see it but if its new environmemts, nopeee

I havent watched a lot of footage from the game and it didn't feel like something too new. Just Aloy standing over a familiar landscape while they show the day/night cycle.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
First Tales, Then Nioh, then Horizon. it seems like 2017 is about devs with their last game being shitty coming back in big ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom